Old companys from stoke -on trent

Is that the same Lovatts that runs out of the Fenton Industrial estate on Dewsbury Road in the black and white livery same as E & E Transport?

hey ian

lovatts run out of estruscan street now mate just at the side of SCA wood place, & also park some motors in beeches on the d road. :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

With them parking in beeches they are not far from were they originally started up ,to the left of beeches theres a school and to the left of the school is a big house that was old man lovatts house and he ran a couple of recovery trucks and some rigids from there ā€¦

f troop:
Any of you lads knew Turnocks Transport from Brick Kiln Lane Etruria in Stoke.

my mate rick turnock his dad used to own them also another mate of mine called yeti used to drive for them .

yorkie 1200:

f troop:

my mate rick turnock his dad used to own them also another mate of mine called yeti used to drive for them
Hiya ā€¦that pot clay firm was at the end of brick liln laneā€¦now that was intresting backing in that place with a
40ft trailer and no power steeringā€¦ it was a case of turning round then reversing about 200 yards before you
even entered the yardā€¦the yard was only about 4 meters X 4 meters then it was a 90 degree turn into a loading bay
good old days
John

Barry Waddy ,Does any one have aadny info abount ,Dixons of Schoalr Green i remeber them coming into Shotton to load steel ,they like all the others used to park on the Dunkerk cafe for hours ,some time days ,waiting for the phone call to go into the works to load ,Yours Barry Waddy

b.waddy:
Barry Waddy ,Does any one have aadny info abount ,Dixons of Schoalr Green i remeber them coming into Shotton to load steel ,they like all the others used to park on the Dunkerk cafe for hours ,some time days ,waiting for the phone call to go into the works to load ,Yours Barry Waddy

I remember Dixons ex transport manager John Pugh that worked for Carmans.
Best transport manager I knew.He was not afraid to fetch you home empty rather than stand in a 'phone box for two days if there was no backload.

3300John:

yorkie 1200:

f troop:

my mate rick turnock his dad used to own them also another mate of mine called yeti used to drive for them
Hiya ā€¦that pot clay firm was at the end of brick liln laneā€¦now that was intresting backing in that place with a
40ft trailer and no power steeringā€¦ it was a case of turning round then reversing about 200 yards before you
even entered the yardā€¦the yard was only about 4 meters X 4 meters then it was a 90 degree turn into a loading bay
good old days
John

Thanks John,
I beleive there names were Alan and Jack Turnock,They olso had a driver i knew called Harry who drove one of the ERfs.Did a few loads of salt from there yard up to the North East.

anyone got any info brick delivery services, i can only just vaigly remember em, what sparked the grey matter was i just seen a photo for sale on fleebay.

cheers
gaz

bestbooties:

3300John:
Hiya robā€¦remember pete stevo (scania) he,s retired now i get feed back on him he,s okā€¦Dave Scarlet(manā€¦mre) he,s still driving on a night run for
fed ex hes about 67 nowā€¦i phoned him couple of months back he seemed well. he,s playing a bit of golf nowadays.you know jeff is still driving
for shirleys. i,ve lost touch with everyone else.I did change over,s with.
John

Donā€™t think I know Dave Scarlett,Iā€™m 67 and also work nights,(Sunday and Friday) for FedEx.I must see him occasionally.

Hi Best,heā€™s gigantic and if you donā€™t see him youā€™ll hear him.Really nice man.

3300John did Ian Massey contact you ? he asked me for your phone number which i passed on but not spoke to him lately due to being weekended and then on hols .

For any ex Beresford men I went to see Ken Beresford last weekend and am pleased to say he is looking very well for his 81 years and still has an active role in both his local area and his own business interests.

Hiyaā€¦ is that steel cab ERF albert dalesā– ā– ?..if that trailer is SF750 iā€™ve pulled that a few miles
John

bestbooties:

b.waddy:

I remember Dixons ex transport manager John Pugh that worked for Carmans.
Best transport manager I knew.He was not afraid to fetch you home empty rather than stand in a 'phone box for two days if there was no backload.

Hi Best,I remember John Pugh from Carmans.Bloody good transport manager.I wonder how he would cope with political correctness.?!!!

Rob Campbell:
For any ex Beresford men I went to see Ken Beresford last weekend and am pleased to say he is looking very well for his 81 years and still has an active role in both his local area and his own business interests.

Hi Rob,long time since we last spoke.Ken looks really well.Heā€™s one of those hauliers whose drivers donā€™t have a bad word for.He is a nice man.Take care,speak again soon

Rob Campbell:

Hi Rob,long time since we last spoke.Ken looks really well.Heā€™s one of those hauliers whose drivers donā€™t have a bad word for.He is a nice man.Take care,speak again soon

3300John:
Hiyaā€¦ is that steel cab ERF albert dalesā– ā– ?..if that trailer is SF750 iā€™ve pulled that a few miles
John

Hi John Yes I believe it was . Albert tended to spec his own trucks hence the left hand drive and bigger lumps certainly bigger than Beresfords trusted Gardners.

relluf:

Rob Campbell:

Hiya Relluf Yes he does look well and never spoke a bad word for any of his staff ! He is very much a people person who had time for everyone and was very proud of the respect shown to him. Its such a shame listening to how his major long term customers treated him in the later years with demands for new trailers liveried trucks and huge rate cuts that they knew were unsustainable. His biggest fear though was losing the Beresford name altogether from Tunstall but having the site of the old yard named after him has brought immense satisfaction. As you say Relluf a real gentleman who I could listen to all day.

Hi
would anyone have any old photos of Bassetts trucks or piont me in the right direction.I remember on Saturday mornings there were a load of people who would turn up at Bassetts yard and take loads of photos.

calamity:
Hi
would anyone have any old photos of Bassetts trucks or piont me in the right direction.I remember on Saturday mornings there were a load of people who would turn up at Bassetts yard and take loads of photos.

hiya ā€¦the best i can do is put you ontoā€¦ googleā€¦ thenā€¦ Bill Clowes truck photoā€™sā€¦ you want the pisca one
at the top of the pageā€¦ then you click on the various makesā€¦Fodenā€¦AECā€¦ erf theres only a few but thats the only ones
apart from scrolling throught the stoke on trent site or bubble mans scrapbook siteā€¦the foden HRE 685 K was mine ride at one time.
you can just google bassets transpot tittensor theres quite a few photoā€™sto see
John

the flying foden:
3300John did Ian Massey contact you ? he asked me for your phone number which i passed on but not spoke to him lately due to being weekended and then on hols .

i take it John that Ian did not get in touch with you . will ask whizzer if he passed the number i gave him on to Mr Massey

hiya i.ve found these on the net the photos belong to other people but i think they look nice on hear
the first one is andyā€™sā€¦what a gem

this is colinfpicketsā€¦nice one

now another stable weve got to thank bath &west for this one

I donā€™t think weā€™ve had a chambers bedford postedā€¦i belive it was a very good job in the 70/80s
John