Night out payments

A mate of mine who has zero knowledge of transport said to me a few years ago when we were chatting about my job “so when you sleep in your lorry what do they pay you about £100 ?” and he couldn’t believe it when I told him the ins and outs of nighting out and the pay and the fact that some companies won’t even pay you to park somewhere safe with a valuable load on the back.

£23.00 ish, but it’s not often we actually night out in the cab and we pay the parking.

When I was young and green I couldn’t believe I got paid for the night out with parking on top now it’s expected.

My lot insist on what they class as secure parking, snap/moto/welcome break accounts anywhere else is reimbursed.

About £25.00 which ain’t a lot for being a security guard but I’m the worst security guard ever and would put up no resistance whatsoever to our lite fingered friends.

But none of that is important I’m more interested in what chloelovesfur charges.

Lol free (in the east mids) :grimacing:

bald bloke:
A mate of mine who has zero knowledge of transport said to me a few years ago when we were chatting about my job “so when you sleep in your lorry what do they pay you about £100 ?” and he couldn’t believe it when I told him the ins and outs of nighting out and the pay and the fact that some companies won’t even pay you to park somewhere safe with a valuable load on the back.

So true, I was telling a friend of mine about overnighting in the lorry & he couldn’t believe how bad the allowance was, He works for the government in the civil service, his hotel is pre-booked for nights away & has a £50 meal allowance on top of everything else :open_mouth: It seems the skies the limit when the taxpayers footing the bill. :imp:

we get £25 for a night out and £18 towards the parking. so my question was where can you park for £18? and i was greeted with a blank answer.

lancpudn:

bald bloke:

So true, I was telling a friend of mine about overnighting in the lorry & he couldn’t believe how bad the allowance was, He works for the government in the civil service, his hotel is pre-booked for nights away & has a £50 meal allowance on top of everything else :open_mouth: It seems the skies the limit when the taxpayers footing the bill. :imp:

More like the sewer is the limit for workers when the private sector is paying. If you are a boss though, outer space is the limit in the private sector.

Rjan:

lancpudn:

bald bloke:

More like the sewer is the limit for workers when the private sector is paying. If you are a boss though, outer space is the limit in the private sector.

Yeah very true. Something along these lines.

tachograph:

burnley-si:

tachograph:
Night out money isn’t supposed to be for parking, you should be getting night out money plus whatever you pay for parking.

night out money is for any expences a driver encounters while away, ie parking, food, ■■■■■■■■ etc

I think you’ll find most companies don’t expect the driver to pay for parking out of their night out money.

no, but thats what its meant to before

Dipper_Dave:
But none of that is important I’m more interested in what chloelovesfur charges.

I think that he pays you Dave. :smiley:

americans 08.jpg

lancpudn:

Rjan:

lancpudn:

bald bloke:

I’m down in Stevenage next week staying at a Premier In, which is what the drivers get when they hotel it.

As for cars, my 64 plate second hand combo is parked next to a drivers 66 plate Scirocco

albion:

lancpudn:

Rjan:

I’m down in Stevenage next week staying at a Premier In, which is what the drivers get when they hotel it.

As for cars, my 64 plate second hand combo is parked next to a drivers 66 plate Scirocco

Well, if you spend on your profits on weekending in the Bahamas.
Bosses all the same.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Fair point Franglais though I never knew Runcorn and Bahamas were the same place :smiley:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

I think that he pays you Dave. :smiley:

Is this you on a night out Robroy?
No wonder you don’t park in laybys you’ll scare the buggers off.

We get £20 a night tax free and parking on the snap account or paid back if it’s not a snap place. And a meal allowence. I think that’s £4.50

My Company pays £120 per night…but my wages are only £25 per day…but i put up with it.

last time i looked the tax man allows upto £35.86 ( i stand to be corrected ) for a night out
but generally i get £25.00 plus parking from the companies i work for
usually the first question after being told its a night out … is parking paid for…?

Oh deary me sweet Jesus.

Where do the night out in a layby brigade store their dignity?

Which truck manufacturer creates a space for that then■■?

What a very sad state of affairs sleeping away from home in a truck for 25 quid as i have said many times your hourly rate is about 5 quid a hour and thats if you’re lucky you might be getting 30 quid a night then it could be a little more If people flipping burgers spend that much time in there job they would be very rich
It’s hard to believe in this day and age that people still do this for little reward with all the new equipment that hauliers pay a kings ransom for and the rest sure they are laughing all the way to the bank
I know it might suit some people and that’s OK but it’s still not right

nightline:
What a very sad state of affairs sleeping away from home in a truck for 25 quid as i have said many times your hourly rate is about 5 quid a hour and thats if you’re lucky you might be getting 30 quid a night then it could be a little more If people flipping burgers spend that much time in there job they would be very rich
It’s hard to believe in this day and age that people still do this for little reward with all the new equipment that hauliers pay a kings ransom for and the rest sure they are laughing all the way to the bank
I know it might suit some people and that’s OK but it’s still not right

That’s the reason I wont do them. My wife gets £68 a night for sleeping in a bed at were she works so it comes down to who ever can earn the most stays away from home.