New truck update 5 I've put a deposit down

Sounds like some wagon Sean,best of luck with her.
Your right about the Volvo FH holding the money better but don’t forget your spending maybe 10/20 grand more than for a comparable model Man/ERF/Merc/Iveco/Renault,and at the end of the 36/48/60 month payment period your Volvo is worth 10/20 G’s more but you still had to spend that amount extra in the first place :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, NORTH SURREY!!

PAUL

my r series is here middle of october!

I wasnt and didnt imply you ran BENT! Its just a lot of money your laying out and if you run into any trouble fianancially , work dries up, slack periods, etc or a company goes pop, your gonna be knackered.

Dont get me wrong fella, I wish yer all the luck in the world and it is your choice.

Good luck.

routier:
I wasnt and didnt imply you ran BENT!

Maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick I took this

routier:
you will neva make a profit on it, and if you do I will be amazed operating legally in the UK.

As you implying that I wouldn’t be able to afford unless I ran bent

flatbedman:
my r series is here middle of october!

Nice one Paul I think you had a good deal on that :wink: :laughing:

What is the problem with the world, well done NSH, if you want it go get it, your the only one who knows if you can afford it, your the one that has to sit in it all day, so what if the extras dont get you any more work or get you extra when you sell it.
You will have had the pleasure of it all for 4 or 5 years and it will sell easier than the factory standard motor at the end of the day.
Good on you, maybe should have pushed Hanbury Davies and started on their
myself.

Thanks to those of you who have shown support.

I never thought that my buying a new motor would provoke some of the responses received but hey everybody’s entitled to an opinion.

At the end of the day It’s my own dough I want to live & work in a bit of comfort and it’ll be a few less quid going Gordon Browns coffers via income tax out of my profit.

The other advantages are it holds more fuel capacity so I will get a quicker return on having the tanks fitted by filling up in Belgium, & it will be more economical so I will save money over the course of the year as well.

sounds like a nice motor nsh like ya say mate its your dosh and ya spend how ya like i wish i had 80 grand to spend on a motor i like you would have a volvo and all the bells and whistles.if ya like smart looking volvos try this www.adno.be good luck mate :laughing:

Carl:
sounds like a nice motor nsh like ya say mate its your dosh and ya spend how ya like i wish i had 80 grand to spend on a motor i like you would have a volvo and all the bells and whistles.

that isn’t how it works Carl :slight_smile: NSH hasn’t got the money to buy the truck - the same as I didn’t have the money when I spent 60k on a Daf and a new livestock box ! we just budget that we can afford the monthly payments :wink:

In my case the finance charges are less than the repair bills were on the old Volvo :open_mouth:

anyway, Good Luck NSH - enjoy your new Truck

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ok so I was bored :confused:

Good luck to you mate. Why have all that money in the bank, the government only tax it at least with your truck you can enjoy it and get profit out of it.

Why on earth would you buy a house it takes 25 years to get a profit out of it and who is to say house prices will be the same then afteralll they are extortonate today.

■■■■ good idea the MOPACC if I was to get a truck Id get that with it, should save money in the long run & make it comfortable in the truck.

best of luck with the new rig ns. what do you get for the “kitchen pack” you ordered?

splinters:
best of luck with the new rig ns. what do you get for the “kitchen pack” you ordered?

Fridge & microwave in a cuoboard on the back wall.

Apparently they are crash tested in sweden :open_mouth:

and the table and seats in place of the bottom bunk.

The microwave is excellent but be careful if you ever disconnect the battery as the + lead will still give you a hell of a belt as the Microwave has a capacitor in it.

While the bloke was fitting the split charger to my vehicle, it charges the trailer batteries for the tail-lift the conversation went something like this as he disconnected the battery leads.

ME: Careful of that cable it will give you a nasty belt because of the microwave.

HIM: I know what I’m doing driver, I’ve been doing this for years.

BANG, SPARK, FLASH

HIM: [zb] [zb] [zb] [zb] OWWWWW [zb]

ME: Good job you knew what you were doing or that could have been nasty.

You just can’t help some people. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

absolutely brillient neil, i nearly fell off my chair picturing the surprised look on the know it all sparky’s face.
kind of reminded me of my own indoor fireworks display when trying to change the 12 volt plastic socket on the fuse panel of a 3 series scania using a adjustable spanner that was far too big for the job, my mates parked each side of me thought it was november 5th.

Good on yer Sean, it’s your money and your life syle, why not make yourself comfortable in your workplace especially for the amount of time you’ll spend in it and what’s wrong with adding extra’s/toys.

Depreiciation will also hit the property market, too many people have bought houses that are only worth half of what they paid for them, the bubble is gonna burst one day mark my words.

Hope you do take it to truckfest would love to see it

Well done nsh I have done the same thing and gone for all the exra’s as it is our home 99% of the time. I have put the larger tanks on and plan to do the fuel run as you do, I contacted your broker who has quoted me much less than others so I have gone with him thanks for that.

Tried to put photo on but can’t do it■■? :blush:

Glad to be of assistance funnyfut :laughing:

Incidentally which dealer did you go through?

I went through Rossets in Crawley did a good deal and he kept it until I had sorted out the finance and everything. As soon as I can work out how to put a photo on here I will.

Hope to see you on one of the fuel runs one day :smiley: