New truck update 5 I've put a deposit down

Oh by the way it was mentioned in passing about putting it on the Volvo stand at truckfest

Wot do you think I might even ask Thermoking (the M.O.P.A.C.C unit) if they would be interested for the C.V show.

NSH, any particular reason you have gone for the M.O.P.A.C.C system? Will you use it or is it a new fangled toy :stuck_out_tongue:

I think if I was brave enough to be an O/D again, I would also go for all the bells and whistles.

My last new truck was in 1986, and had all the mod cons

Scania salesman couldn’t be arsed to do his job
along with
DAF
Merc
Iveco

Being out of the workshop I have my own views on the activities of salesmen, some good some bad. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
NSH, any particular reason you have gone for the M.O.P.A.C.C system? Will you use it or is it a new fangled toy :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall use it probably on a daily basis (and nightly) for the specs see here

http://www.mopacc.com

hmmmmmm

i’d hazard a guess at £82.5k

Sounds a very nice Truck you have ordered NSH. Is the top light bar Volvos own, or one like kelsa.
I would have a guess at £80.500.

It’s a Kelsa Mad28 and you’re £500 over :wink: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
Nice, jus don’t crash it. :laughing:

Yeah thanks for putting a boc on the motor now mate :cry:

£80,000 :exclamation:
Jesus NSH, your either very brave or wealthy.

80 grand! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You got bigger balls than me Sean! 8 grand sounds about where id be looking.

Well I’ve got no money now!

So I might as well have no money and somewhere decent to live during the week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It actually dosn’t work out much dearer than what I’m paying at the moment (after my deposit) for my finance & servicing together, & I shall pay the old motor off before buying the new. :laughing: :laughing:

Manwell:
£80,000 :exclamation:
Jesus NSH, your either very brave or wealthy.

Mal:
80 grand! You got bigger balls than me Sean! 8 grand sounds about where id be looking.

You know that 0ld saying “you cant take it with you”

Well my philosiphy is if you’ve always got a negative amount in the bank you know you aint left none behind :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds great NSH, bet you cant wait to get it now, when will it be arriving??
Kelsa light bar, great choice. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
One thing though when you go round corners hold on,because those leather seats are slippery !!:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

MAD28:
Sounds great NSH, bet you cant wait to get it now, when will it be arriving??

Delivery first week in May (coinciding with my VAT return :wink:)

Mad28:
One thing though when you go round corners hold on,because those leather seats are slippery !!:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Dont worry about that I’ve got the weight well spread so there’s no room for movement :laughing: :laughing:

Just received a written confirmation of £19,000 as a minimum part ex price with a possibility of more.

searching for that elusive thing…a profit

You really are living upto your namesake here, Y ■■?Will u make any ? Y spend so much ? Its a tough world in haulage and all your extras aint gonna make you any more money, The FH , factory standard, is a fine tool, you are silly, in my book, Y oh Y, hope you dont live to regret it!!!But Good luck. Your future motor sounds like adream and its all what we want, ive seen so many with all the bells and whistles fall , rapidly !!! Even the big outfits, one with all black motors, smart trucks, smart fridges, the dogs, fall!!! the outfit is from merseyside! Your runnin 1 motor, you will neva make a profit on it, and if you do I will be amazed operating legally in the UK.

Good luck …

Sorry to go on, if yer willin to splash 80 G on a motor, Y dont you put the money on property ? It dont depreciate, you get yer money back if not more ? You wont with that motor, that will be worth 40g next year, ask yer dealer, bells and whistles dont count with dealers!! at the end of the day its an FH XL Globy!!!
think long and hard b4 you part with yer dosh and commit.

Whats wrong on spending 80 Grand on a motor,you say spend it on property,but if your away all week,its going to be your home anyway,so why not spec your own truck up with all the bells and wistles?

There is nothing wrong in my opinion of speccing a truck up, if you are living in it all week long. It is what an owner driver strives for.

A company who does the same has the added problem of nobhead drivers who are trying to rob you in every way possible!

Good luck to you Sean :stuck_out_tongue:

routier:
Sorry to go on, if yer willin to splash 80 G on a motor, Y dont you put the money on property ? It dont depreciate, you get yer money back if not more ? You wont with that motor, that will be worth 40g next year, ask yer dealer, bells and whistles dont count with dealers!! at the end of the day its an FH XL Globy!!!
think long and hard b4 you part with yer dosh and commit.

&

routier:
and if you do I will be amazed operating legally in the UK.

£80,000 will buy you 0 in this area it aint even a decent deposit on a house, a 3 bedroom starts at £280,000 here. thats why not property.

How much would I have to pay per month on a £200,000 mortgage?
then I would have to find the money to renovate it as how will you make a profit from a well kept place?
then I will have to put it on the now slowing market.

Why put it on a truck see
MAD28
&
Wheelnut

as far as I’m concerned it is my home I live in it all week I only spend 2 occaisionally 3 nights at my flat (rented) so why shouldn’t I be comfortable at home.

As for running bent I resent the implication I do not & will not run bent.

I am guaranteed £1620 per week as a minimum and often earn more with £2450 being my best week so far.

So what if it’s only worth £40,000 in a year (which I doubt)
It’s my money I work ■■■■■■■ hard for it and I will spend it as I choose.
I dont drink
I dont smoke
I dont do drugs (prescrition or otherwise)

am I not entitled to a little extravagance?

If you dont like the tone of this reply routier dont infer I run bent !!!