My "new" steed for the year

Good luck on the new job Jimbo and good luck with the ELD’s Don’t forget to log it as you do it, several times i’ve gone to start my day after a ten hour break only to find i’ve been on duty the whole time as i forgot to hit the off duty button. :blush:

■■■■ eld lol…certify ffs, log in ,under loaddetails ahhhhhh. what was wrong with logbooks! :unamused: :unamused: now thats out of the way jobs going well 1 full rounder done and reloaded at mine for Sunday near 1800 mls in 3days leaving to Monday delivery in deepest MN amish country. photos to follow jimmy

well still getting on with it …elog getting easier (changed from aorb),spelling,to the new elog biggest difference is when wheels turns it records driving ,no crawler and "off duty or on duty"so no getting caught in lineups to load now… Most runs I do are from the potash mines on the Saskatchewan /Manitoba border to southern south Dakota usually 11hr drive to fertiliser stores and soymeal back to farms,x two and reload and home for the weekend off and a Monday start. Usual about 2.5- 3k miles a week so far. Truck goes well cruise set at 110kph foot at 116 but life is easier on cruise and im still passed like im standing still ,speed limit is 80mph. Truck passed a level one inspection last week so everyone happy well apart from the dot guy . photos left in phone in motor :smiley:

No more outlaw antics for you then :wink: At my last firm you could start the truck up and it would go to on duty and stay that way as long as you stayed under 15 MPH driving around the yard looking for your trailer. Now they changed it like yours but i think they had to comply with regulations.

Yeah there are new rules in place, my current set up allows a movement of two miles, might be kms though, before it triggers into driving mode. I don’t take the ■■■■ with it, but it has its uses. We are adopting the new regs though and they want us all to get the machine reset when we’re next in the yard, I have absolutely no intention of going there voluntarily, so I’ll wait until I’m left with no choice, I’ve managed to avoid the place for the best part of two months now except for a fly by under cover of darkness lol

awe scenic photo,last Monday evening parked up at hillsboro ND rest area for the night. A cab cooked chili n rice with toast and cheese ,washed down wae frozen bottle o water from fridge…the motor I drive in the background. :blush:

well job going well ,“driving it” to suit myself getting good kms no waiting times between loads ,they repair the motors when reported even silly wee things that dont effect the “earning factor” but ■■■■ off the driver :smiley: :smiley: ,that says a lot to me i know im in the early days yet and im due a crap week but ach it says a lot if i stop at a good eating spot/parking and log off and have time on the clock the company dont say anything as long as i take my 10 and go again…question does it ever stop raining in south dakota!!! jimmy

JIMBO47:
well job going well ,“driving it” to suit myself getting good kms no waiting times between loads ,they repair the motors when reported even silly wee things that dont effect the “earning factor” but ■■■■ off the driver :smiley: :smiley: ,that says a lot to me i know im in the early days yet and im due a crap week but ach it says a lot if i stop at a good eating spot/parking and log off and have time on the clock the company dont say anything as long as i take my 10 and go again…question does it ever stop raining in south dakota!!! jimmy

Yes it does stop raining, but then it starts snowing.

aye geoffo you were right on the mark wae the weather …… well finished up 20dec going back 1 march trucks been in for rebuild rebuilt gearbox like I asked for and other wee things. Been away on holiday to maztlan in the sun for my 60th ,back home and chilled out and about and time to get back to it :stuck_out_tongue: .Its going to be a real bad spring thaw when it comes ,lot o snow pack and ground was sodden before freeze up.

99A88951-1631-4E15-AD85-A48199FE3A00.jpegl the truck I’m on this yr

29C033D3-4496-476D-AC03-4A5C75BE46C9.jpeg

300+gallon tanks 2.2 km /ltr ,merc engine no emissions. 13 spd fuller 07. Rebuild, goes very well rides different from longer wheelbase last yr, Cruise at 69. +6 on foot. Mind you I just sit at 65 no point burning fuel for no reason, just the same nice to be able to pass when I want , just let the 80 mph crew a clear run. Ohh full tanks and me an my scram. Legal 52000lb payload. Jimmy

Well folks the world is strange one minute your top o your game the next it’s a fell apart, Friday the 13th at 915am I was doing a trailer swap no hurry at all 10min up road to load and back to yrd and home by 11ish. ‘Twas -14 snowing lightly and I was winding legs up and bang I was down knocked my self out as fell backwards on ice, don’t know for how long , another driver coming in saw my orange jacket and went for help anyway close to frostbite on left hand as gloves had came off . The management )was in my yrd)rushed me to local hospital xrays etc and blue lighted me away to the city an hr an half away for ct scan ,sooooo I’ve got muscle pain at bottom o back and Concussion 2 Still falling asleep at drop o a hat room spinning still can’t watch tv makes me nauseous . And not aloud tae drive. wWife just been in to clean out my wagon as needed urgently to get animal feed back to Canada before shut down . Could be month before work agsin. Jimmy

Bloody hell, Jimbo, good job that driver came along when he did, I haven’t worked at 14 below, but I have been in hot, dry and lonely places and in any extreme a sudden fall like that can often mean curtains.

Hope your insurance is good, don’t know about Canada but I have heard that in the USA not everybody is well covered.

Once your out of there and convalescing at home, just take advantage and take it easy. :wink: :slight_smile:

Worker compensation already been in contact 90% o av wage plus a wee insurance policy so hopefully have job to go b Ac k to if border closes

JIMBO47:
Worker compensation already been in contact 90% o av wage plus a wee insurance policy so hopefully have job to go b Ac k to if border closes

Good to know, best of luck mate.

Spardo:
Bloody hell, Jimbo, good job that driver came along when he did, I haven’t worked at 14 below, but I have been in hot, dry and lonely places and in any extreme a sudden fall like that can often mean curtains.

Hope your insurance is good, don’t know about Canada but I have heard that in the USA not everybody is well covered.

Once your out of there and convalescing at home, just take advantage and take it easy. :wink: :slight_smile:

+1

BTW, have you seen my new steed for the year? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m glad your on the mend Jimbo , sounds like they got to you just in time. Get well soon mate.

Ffs. Just what I need to get around in , but in all seriousness. Still off work as I have post concussion , can’t watch tv for long as get headaches blurry had another x ray on back but just discs worn out due to vibration so can’t do anything about it, but away next wk into the city to see a concussion doctor , this sitting in the house is not what it’s made up to be jimmy