My "new" steed for the year

The whole gang was there when I passed, I think you were getting a load of bitumen delivered. That old blue Mack was there and it looked the business.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

yup …Twas you then lol…yup was waiting for oil before we loaded stone chips . :smiley:

was in shoal lake HWY21 for a couple o weeks next to the “yellowhead” then did the 4 lane at Russell …oh what fun that was even the old grannies had road rage :laughing: now parked in a field next to the SK border 20kms to do at TOGO … then start on hw y83 north for 100s of km. photos to follow.

camp move 8 camp trailers ,5 large campers (ours), fuel trucks ,3 artic lowboys hiab truck, oil bowser truck, plus about a dozen other smaller trucks n trailers then bosses campers and workers cars and a bus … "the circus is n town lol" :unamused: :laughing:

well finished of a real lulu of a road single track down into and out of a valley a real seat o the pants 2 day job …well top photo coffee time the front o the spreader second, one a wee farm outfit wae 4 trailers over a million bucks so the guy said and the next one me an auld jack parked in the shade (30c+) while the gov men went for food. anyway home for the weekend just 3an a half hr drive on Tuesday a 4,hr run north to The Pas to set up camp then turn south and 140km road to seal coat real “indian country” security to watch the plant at night being brought in …kin 7hr one way to home every 2 weeks.such is life . :smiley:

JIMBO47:
A 350 and a 89
:smiley:

Blimey, they didn’t change much in 20 years. That picture reminds me of 1969 in Australia. :astonished:

Of course, I didn’t have anything so new. Mine was the previous model, the B 61 Thermodyne. :laughing:

don’t laugh boss was talking o buying one but it had lost its double drive and was now a single screw

All our B 61s were 2 axle, there was one Flintstone which was a double. The Boss drove that and it was him that pulled the rest of us out of the rivers. Plus Old George’s double drive rigid B 61, he did a fair pit of tugging too.

The first thing we did on the way out empty was to stop at the first bunch of tall ant hills, take out the axes and chop enough down to ballast the front of the Boss’s first trailer.

We may have put a bit of it in George’s wagon too, but he hardly needed it, his motor seemed to thrive on all the pills and Beenleigh rum he poured down his throat. :laughing:

my motor for a few months hauling agg. :smiley:

I’ll keep an eye out for you.

HWY 23 ,59 across to Grunthal and repeat 15 times a week.lol,same old same old Mark as I did for 6 yrs . Same boss as I work with on seal coating…plus later on when it gets colder a month out of Stonewall on limestone 10 loads a week back to home. :smiley: :smiley: . having to learn to drive the new technology ,ie no reving it up like the old CHs with the mack boxes …low rev changes now wae the mp8 and bloody eaton box.

Our paths won’t cross until you do the limestone then Jimmy, I don’t get on the 23 anymore.

My worst nightmare has come true . My Volvo is at the dealers having the ■■■■■■ pulled and the company have sent a replacement truck down from Edmonton , only a bloody KW 680 :unamused: .Fingers crossed that its just a temporary measure otherwise the toys will be out of the pram :frowning:

What’s up with the Ishift? Bit early to be having problems with that isn’t it?

newmercman:
What’s up with the Ishift? Bit early to be having problems with that isn’t it?

I believe it’s the input shaft, 375000 on it now. This new steed KW POS has the 13sp Eaton Ultra, loathsome after my Volvo :laughing:

I hear you on the Eaton autoshift, dreadful things. I heard that they’re linked to the fan in the lower gears so that would account for the noise and cloud of dust the bloody things make when pulling away.

I used a T680 once in the MB driving championship thing, terrible vision compared to a Volvo, especially the mirrors and the steering lock is no better than my 389. I made a right balls up of it that day, I had sunk a few the night before and had very little sleep, but the lorry played just as big a part in my dismal performance.

before the snow came and turned to ice 2018 November. on the pipeline

two pictures o roadside “animals” and me lol one o the lonesome highway way up northern mb, then a better yin o the artic iwas on back on agg work at home .2018

never say never lol, Canada —nd/sd/mn and repeat twice a week. ,on |ELDs so no paper logs anymore :frowning: :frowning: ,just something new to learn…,Monday to friday job,or sunday to thursday will make mind up after getting the Elogs into my old head. 13spd fuller,Merc engine. will post some photos o the job if folk don’t think its boring…ment tae say who put the norn Ireland flag in the red motor lol,company tried for yrs to get brit drivers in rural MB ,but to little success,sad to say.