My latest ride

This is my motor on this side of Lake Atlantic, and the last one is of my last truck in the UK and EU zone.
Winter in BC, after 16 miles each way on a gravel road to a coalmine.The trip was 2500 miles one way.

A bit more presentable. Waiting to tip in St Paul, Minnesota.

On the driveway at home last weekend.

BTDs Premium. Not sure where.

Whats the ride like on that normal drive,bobthedog ? I drove a few cabovers & they were shocking. :laughing:
Ropes & sheets !!!

Nice Pics :smiley:

It’s pretty good really. They have air suspended drive axles and the fronts are road friendly twin leaf springas. There are cab airbags too but I don’t think it’s free floating. You can drink coffee on the go, although you have to choose the road with care. They are still in construction season so things can be bumpy.
I reckon it would compare with most to be fair.
I wasn’t too sure about the tarping when I first started, but I have lost a large section of my spare tyre and feel fitter than I have in years. We don’t use ropes. There are 4" straps and the tarp is held down with bungees, just like the loads on tourists roofracks! This load I brought back from California. I sneaked home and parked on the drive.

How about this sunset from last week?

Same old sun,different day :laughing:

So you really do need forty acres to turn that rig around ■■

Keep sending the pics . We are green with envy with all them wide open spaces. Whats the law like over there compared to driving in Euroland. Tighter or easier…?

Generally speaking, the officers are fairer than over there. They tend to stop you when they have a reason to, and if you are in the wrong then you are fined. I got fined in Kansas for being 1600lbs overloaded on the trailer bogie. Not a huge overload but it was bang to rights. I slid the bogie and shifted the fifth wheel, got the weights right and was fined a total of $114 US. That was the end of it. None of this Bull about court summons’ 5 months later and a magistrate who knows nothing about transport other than that a truck drove past his house the week before and frightened his budgie.

Las Vegas

In the Husky Truckstop, Regina, SK. Mine is on the right. Note the Cornwall flag on my bumper. I had a load of granite on. The Canadian government recently allowed for veterans spouses to be included on the graves, and these were War Memorials from Minnesota going to Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary and Surrey, BC.

Another Prairie Sunset

Montana. Just like an old western movie scene. This was near the Little Bighorn Battlefield. There was a sign in a village called Busby saying “Elect Lawrence Bighair for sherriff”

Don’t hold me to this, but I think this is Mount Terry Fox in the Rockies. Probably one of the bravest people ever. Stick the name into google and see what comes out.

Nice tidy load on a 48 footer, parked in Yorkton PetroPass. Got really stuck there once. Needed to be towed out by a Quebec Trucker. Cost me a cup of coffee. That was with the load in the first pic at the beginning of the thread where my truck was plastered in mud.

Not 40 acres, though I usually need a shunt to get it on here. The ditch is 3’ deep and 10’ wide so I have to get square on to get back. Fits on the drive a treat, though you have to drive the car over the grass to get out.

Nice bugs on the windscreen. Nostalgia!! :laughing:
Still not impressed by them flat-beds.

Nice Pics