Canada....Episode 2

Well, after last Autumn’s little fiasco I’m heading back to the prairies for a second bite of the cherry. Should have been there already but ended up busting my shoulder 4 days before I was due to fly out :frowning: . Unfortunately I won’t be going down to the States but at least there’s going to be some variety in the job. It’s B-train work hauling grain & fertiliser, low-loaders for agricultural equipment, plus some tanker work for the oil sands around Lloydminster. Hopefully it will make for some decent diaries, might try to make a few videos as well :sunglasses: . Only thing I’m worried about is a Canadian “cougar” attack as the TM is a woman who has promised to “take care of and sort me out” when I arrive :open_mouth: . Ooow urr missus, calm yur sen down!! Big-boss seems alright so hopefully he’ll keep her in check!

Welcome back, hopefully this time around has a happier ending :laughing:

Diaries from the oil patch are more than welcome, that’s an amazing place up there :wink:

Would that be working with WestCan by any chance? If it is, how long did it take to apply and get a reply and move etc?
A diary of the work over there would be a good read. Nice one.

Hey up Mike, no it’s not WestCan…I’m going to work for Gallagher trucking, it’s a small firm but they have experience in bringing foreigners over for their agricultural business. I went to the WestCan depot in Saskatoon whilst visiting a car auction, seems to be a big firm but I’m not too sure what the driver retention rates/working conditions are like. I decided it wasn’t for me but not everyone is the same of course. Why don’t you send them an e-mail or on-line application?

Duck:
Why don’t you send them an e-mail or on-line application?

Yep, already sent them an application, just waiting for a response. Hopefully I’ll hear something soon but I’ll keep scouting around for other companies hiring foreign drivers so I can move too!

Ok mate, good luck with that. The Western Producer publication sometimes includes vacancies for truck drivers (producer.com). The ads. are normally aimed at people residing in Canada already but you never know. :smiley: