My "new" steed for the year

An update. Another scan as getting “shocks “ down arm and leg. Still no balance seems inner ear problem and a no driving warning from doc. , so she won’t tell licence folks if I keep my word. But it’s ok as I couldn’t do it anyway! Still have pain from between shoulder blades they think bruised spinal cord as my full weight went on to my head and shoulder blades .so another month on workers comp, Friday the 13th has a lot to answer for.!!

JIMBO47:
An update. Another scan as getting “shocks “ down arm and leg. Still no balance seems inner ear problem and a no driving warning from doc. , so she won’t tell licence folks if I keep my word. But it’s ok as I couldn’t do it anyway! Still have pain from between shoulder blades they think bruised spinal cord as my full weight went on to my head and shoulder blades .so another month on workers comp, Friday the 13th has a lot to answer for.!!

Get well soon, that’s a great doctor you have, most would report it

Get well soon Jim. Make sure you’re fully recovered before heading back to work. Sounds as if you had a nasty bump to the head there. We can’t take the beating we once took for granted any more. It’s that age thing that creeps up on us.
Best wishes
Paul

Well folks my wagon driving journey is over, 1981-2023 ,licences all gone even car, have four yrs to get better from concussion and get my car part back along with air brake license and brake adjustment part or it’s a resit lol at 63 the thought of resitting at 67 is ahhh. My work accident in March 2020 just not getting better so medical revocation. Ahh well . James

Sorry to hear that James, I know only too well missing the years on the road, although in my case at less than your age (60) it was my choice. But I didn’t let my heavy licence go for some years and my car licence never left me and I found my mojo again after a few years by getting back on the road across the whole continent with the dogs. More or less gave it up a couple of years ago because of my wife’s illness, not mine, but I still do the occasional run, taking her with me and must be there and back in the day. The next one is Friday of next week a Dobie to Clermont Ferrand. Meet up with a family from the Alps, swap dogs and another Dobie back here.

I hope it gets better for you soon mate. :smiley:

That’s miserable news, hope time fixes you up. Are you going to stay in Canada? You seem to think of it as home now just as I do but after news like that you’re bound to look at all your options I suppose?

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

Well going to stay as have house and would be unable to get back on the property ladder back in Scotland or even rent . But Canada is home now and I have to say the medical service I receive is top notch . I’ve just an uncle in his 70s and my mum in her 80s plus brothers family in uk my friends have all moved on in life so just need to recover enough for a restricted car licence and I can live with it . Jimmy

Best of luck to you. You’re probably doing the right thing I reckon, there was a reason we left the UK and the reason isn’t likely to have changed. Then again in all probability we havent changed much either!

I really do hope you get to enjoying your new different life as much as you clearly enjoyed the old one.

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

Thanks mate .

JIMBO47:
Well folks my wagon driving journey is over, 1981-2023 ,licences all gone even car, have four yrs to get better from concussion and get my car part back along with air brake license and brake adjustment part or it’s a resit lol at 63 the thought of resitting at 67 is ahhh. My work accident in March 2020 just not getting better so medical revocation. Ahh well . James

Can you get say tractor work on local farms or work on plant in construction etc??

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I have asked but they wouldn’t have any insurance for me or any motor I drove , if I can get car license back in time I would get my air brake endorsement as well and could drive a farm registration truck on farm haulage

JIMBO47:
I have asked but they wouldn’t have any insurance for me or any motor I drove , if I can get car license back in time I would get my air brake endorsement as well and could drive a farm registration truck on farm haulage

Some light at end of tunnel at least.
Usually find some big farms need combine drivers and your never out on busy roads too much.
Doesn’t take long to learn how to master them either.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk