Motorway morons

You call me a moron all you want. It only alludes to the type of person you are in real life.
Also I have under 2000 posts in about 5 years I am hardly a excessive poster.

Yep all to blame.
They are elephant racing and not a single one wants to take his/her foot off of the pedal to let another one in.
I have nothing against overtaking slower vehicles.
What bugs me is when someone whos limiter does 55.98 mph wants to overtake someone whos limiter does 56 mph.

Why is it so hard just to let someone past you?

I’ve clearly upset ‘grumpy old trucker’ Because he seems to be taking exception to every single post I make.

the maoster:
For this type of driver it’s all about him and screw everybody else.

Just to confirm it wasn’t me :wink:

adam277:
All three are too blame. See it all the time. No one wants to give an inch or step off the pedal.
They all have to be on the limiter at all times. Then they start raging if someone causes them to drop down from 55mph to 56mph.
BECAUSE ALL POWER ALL THE TIME. Gotta get to the drop asap.

Genuinely interested to know how you can tell how fast the vehicles in lanes 1 & 2 are going in relation to Lane 1, from one photo?

cupidstunt:

adam277:
All three are too blame. See it all the time. No one wants to give an inch or step off the pedal.
They all have to be on the limiter at all times. Then they start raging if someone causes them to drop down from 55mph to 56mph.

Genuinely interested to know how you can tell how fast the vehicles in lanes 1 & 2 are going in relation to Lane 1, from one photo?

I have no idea how fast they are going.

dozy:
I’d like to see a full pic including signs , I’ve been in the 4 th lane it’s just where roads lanes split , m6 / m5 split going southbound think it is I go down outside then as you come out other side you can be in 3 rd lane until you can get a cross
Oh by the way I passed a lorry on weight limit on hill on a14 legal no , but [zb] am I sitting behind him doing 25/30 mph , 45 / 50 mph I will do but not 25/30 mph legal or not

I continue to be amazed at your exciting life, don’t know how you manage it

adam277:

cupidstunt:

adam277:

So how can you say they are elephant racing if you can’t tell their relative speeds?

cupidstunt:

adam277:

cupidstunt:

adam277:

So how can you say they are elephant racing if you can’t tell their relative speeds?

Think my post was poorly worded. It was meant to describe what I see in general, not specific to this exact situation.
Although I never know how fast people are going but these type of situations happen all the time when people try to overtake because they can go like 0.001mph faster than the guy in front. With the guy in front refusing to budge. Because the guy in front knows there is a downhill part coming up… etc etc.

It’s more a rant than anything to be honest.
I’ve seen overtakes last well over 20 minutes.

adam277:
Then they start raging if someone causes them to drop down from 55mph to 56mph.

I’d be raging too if I’d spent years trying to drop down from 55 to 56
It’s never gonna work. Don’t they teach anything on the dcpc these days?

ezydriver:

adam277:
Then they start raging if someone causes them to drop down from 55mph to 56mph.

I’d be raging too if I’d spent years trying to drop down from 55 to 56
It’s never gonna work. Don’t they teach anything on the dcpc these days?

I dunno haven’t had to do dcpc in a while although got two classes due this month.
Nice spot. Now, I know how speedometers work.

Fake news.

There is a wide load in lane 1 and 2 so the tipper driver is overtaking leaving plenty of room to be on the safe side. :sunglasses:

switchlogic:
I have it on good authority that Carryfast was driving, with someone else’s digicard in the head.

There’s nothing in it I gave up trying to put the chart in it.What’s this card thing everyone is on about I only use a card for shopping. :smiling_imp: :wink:

dozy:
Oh by the way I passed a lorry on weight limit on hill on a14 legal no , but [zb] am I sitting behind him doing 25/30 mph , 45 / 50 mph I will do but not 25/30 mph legal or not

All very good until some moron or distracted driver runs into the back of you, Interesting to see how your reason for being out there would stand up in court.

no offense OP your stopping distance is terrible and you have the cheek to talk about others, unless it was stationary traffic which i highly doubt

Ps. what company do you work for please? i would like to report you.

TruckDriverBen:
no offense OP your stopping distance is terrible and you have the cheek to talk about others, unless it was stationary traffic which i highly doubt

Not just stopping distance but also no vision ahead whatsoever around the sides of vehicle in front.
Using lane 3 to avoid the inevitable resulting collision in lane 2. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

TruckDriverBen:

TNCSI.
No blurring on image of van wheels, brake lights on, on other vehicles :bulb:
I would say stopped, or at the least stop/start crawling pace.
Even so, if not stopped maybe the image is zoomed in, making it look as if he is too close,(but is he even too close?.. that would depend on the speed :bulb: )
There again I try and look for the best in my fellow drivers rather than the worst, (although I can’t see the best in Mr Tipperman.)

Btw…No offense from me either…, but you casually suggest ‘‘reporting’’ the guy as if that was normal behaviour, or the obvious or logical thing to do :neutral_face:
Do you usually spend time judging and reporting drivers?
The job in my time has gone from drivers sticking together, to drivers back stabbing at the drop of a hat.
Divide and conquer mate = A job that is ■■■■ ed up . :bulb:

dozy:

Brilliant strategy doze. :sunglasses: …but.
Do you think they’re going to put restrictions on and not police it in one way or another to capitalise on things as usual,.and make a few quid out of yer hard earned?..or have Stobbies started paying driver’s fines now? …Aye right. :laughing:

All well and good risking your licence for your firm, (just to save all of 2 minutes :unamused: ) if that is your thing, …That is until they decide to install a camera, or some ■■■■ snouty dashcam crusader ■■■■, takes it upon himself to dob you in to the law, or to Stobarts…Or go no further to your fellow drivers, and have a quick read of the last post I just answered, that says it all. :bulb:
Brain/Gear/Speak doze. :bulb: You’re welcome.

Just out of interest…who took the photo, and what with?

Born Idle:
Just out of interest…who took the photo, and what with?

I reckon it was taken with a camera, what do you think

Makes a change from them undertaking

edd1974:
Makes a change from them undertaking

I still don’t and…

Never have had a problem with being undertaken.

As I always do when it comes to undertaking discussions, I’ll use the USA as an example where it makes no difference whatsoever which lane you pass in. 6 lanes of traffic and lane 6 has a big rig in it being passed by all and sundry in lanes 1 to 5. Simultaneously, lane 3 has a dawdler fiddling with their phone and is passed inside and out. No ones bats an eyelid.