Motorway morons

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:
Makes a change from them undertaking

I still don’t and…

Never have had a problem with being undertaken.

As I always do when it comes to undertaking discussions, I’ll use the USA as an example where it makes no difference whatsoever which lane you pass in. 6 lanes of traffic and lane 6 has a big rig in it being passed by all and sundry in lanes 1 to 5. Simultaneously, lane 3 has a dawdler fiddling with their phone and is passed inside and out. No ones bats an eyelid.

This. It’s only in U.K. where we get our knickers in a twist over it

Perfectly acceptable ?

robthedog:
Perfectly acceptable ?

When it’s…

Backed up like that Rob, who cares?

yourhavingalarf:

robthedog:
Perfectly acceptable ?

When it’s…

Not me, it’s his licence I certainly wouldn’t take the risk

robthedog:

yourhavingalarf:

robthedog:
Perfectly acceptable ?

When it’s…

Not me, it’s his licence I certainly wouldn’t take the risk

Absolutely…

I’m driving mine, he’s driving his and if he wants to get a possible ticket that’s up to him innit.

Rightly or wrongly (that’s a matter of opinion)

I phoned the office number on the back of an artic (non tipper) that did this in front of me once

I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again

Idiotic

switchlogic:

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:
Makes a change from them undertaking

I still don’t and…

Never have had a problem with being undertaken.

As I always do when it comes to undertaking discussions, I’ll use the USA as an example where it makes no difference whatsoever which lane you pass in. 6 lanes of traffic and lane 6 has a big rig in it being passed by all and sundry in lanes 1 to 5. Simultaneously, lane 3 has a dawdler fiddling with their phone and is passed inside and out. No ones bats an eyelid.

This. It’s only in U.K. where we get our knickers in a twist over it

Yes. But.
Looking at road deaths per billion vehicle kms…
UK 3.4
USA 7.3
The USA roads are twice as dangerous as UK roads.
Lots of factors involved of course, but surely not s good idea to become more like them?

Franglais:
Lots of factors involved of course

In total…

America is aproximately 40 times the size of the United Kingdom.

The average American car does 46% more miles than the average English one. The more you drive, the greater the chances of being involved in an accident.

Those might be factors.

Source Google.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
Lots of factors involved of course

In total…

America is aproximately 40 times the size of the United Kingdom.

The average American car does 46% more miles than the average English one. The more you drive, the greater the chances of being involved in an accident.

Those might be factors.

Source Google.

The figures I gave were
per billion kms per vehicle.
So, they take account of differing distances covered.

Franglais:
The figures I gave were

However you…

Wish to interpret the numbers, if any lane passing was as deadly as you seem to think it is, I’m pretty sure the US would have outlawed it.

Thejpmshow:

I phoned the office number on the back of an artic (non tipper) that did this in front of me once

Idiotic

You are a very sad little man

Night-and-day:

Thejpmshow:

Idiotic

I had to do a double take on the username. Looks like we’ve got another Conor Turton on the ship.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
The figures I gave were

However you…

Wish to interpret the numbers, if any lane passing was as deadly as you seem to think it is, I’m pretty sure the US would have outlawed it.

I have not commented anywhere about how good/bad freeways are.
I did say that the USA has a worse road accident history than the UK. And the figures say that for the same mileage there will be twice as many deaths in the USA as here. I explicitly said there are many reasons for that.
It seems that the USA has about 60 times the gun ownership (per capita) of the UK and about 200 times the homicide by gun (per capita). Your assumption that dangerous practises would automatically be outlawed hardly stands up.
But we’re getting off track.

Night-and-day:

Thejpmshow:

Idiotic

She that truck hits a car in lane 3 when illegally using it, it would be wished a driver had done that.

Yes…

You are getting off track.

Back on track I would like to know who took the original photo. Maybe they could clarify the approximate speed of the vehicles in question and then we might be able to work out who exactly are the motorway morons?

Sweet Jesus.

Thejpmshow:

Idiotic

Going cheap, a bargain…be quick.

jakethesnake:
Back on track I would like to know who took the original photo. Maybe they could clarify the approximate speed of the vehicles in question and then we might be able to work out who exactly are the motorway morons?

That will be you snake