Almost Ashamed To Be A Tipper Driver

Posted this in another thread earlier, but I was listening to some general cb ■■■■■■■■ whilst in traffic this morning. Three other drivers all egging each other on to switch lanes, not to let other cars in or change lanes, plus inane talk of “look at this ■■■■■ etc (see “Another professional driver” thread). After a few minutes one driver had a bump with a car who was changing lanes which (judging from the moronic conversation) took place very slowly, giving the tipper driver more than enough time to avoid contact. It seemed funny to me at first (karma and all that) but then I realised that it’s tossers like these who tar me with the same brush, regardless of how careful and laid back I am.
I wouldn’tve created this thread but this afternoon, I heard another tipper driver rant on about how “■■■■■■■ hates cyclists” and how he “has to do one more load” (to reach the amount on his work details).

Day no more. I think it’s been covered before muck especially the little ones running on X£ per load to make your wages.
To be honest it’s no different to agency tesco slow jobs, Mr FedEx it’s gotta be there last week, there’s good an bad in every sector.

sorry mate but they are the vast majority of tipper drivers almost all I have seen on the road drive like pricks, scared to miss a gear or lose a second.

never even considered tipping due to the way they fly about, give me anything other than tipper work am afraid.

good to know there are a few who try to drive like a normal person with a fully functioning brain mind.

Thats why when there is no work for me on artics i have done skip driving. Wouldn’t want to spend the day getting dirty looks and abuse for driving a 8 wheeler unless maybe i would consider a hook lorry. Definitely never a dustcart.

Sometimes when i have nothing better to do i wash the outside of the dirtiest tippers that are parked up for the day, got to keep up appearances in the local area you see. :wink:

Agreed, good and bad across the industry.

That said, on the very few occasions I’ve nearly been killed driving, most involved Tippers on the wrong side of the road on rural bends…

:open_mouth:

Unfortunately it’s not just tipper drivers.
There are plenty other clowns on the road that are just as bad.
Bad attitudes and extreme aggression is not uncommon these days.

to the Titel
Insight is the best way to improve

As a newbie on 8 wheeler tippers. My eyes have been opened this week. Im going back to multidrop. Its all about money on tippers. White van man on 8 wheels. Not for me!

globby:
As a newbie on 8 wheeler tippers. My eyes have been opened this week. Im going back to multidrop. Its all about money on tippers. White van man on 8 wheels. Not for me!

S and J no good then mate? Saw one of theirs plus an old one in Burford quarry this afternoon.

Mr Muckaway… Sounds like you do the job sensible… Time taken without putting your life or other road user’s at risk…And as we all see HGVs being driven recklessly on a daily basis…I just can’t work these guys out…maybe they stupidly are not man enough to tell the traffic where to go…or there is financial gain in it for them…I don’t know

el_presidente:
Agreed, good and bad across the industry.

That said, on the very few occasions I’ve nearly been killed driving, most involved Tippers on the wrong side of the road on rural bends…

:open_mouth:

The other morning was heading towards the A17 roundabout with the A15 at Sleaford when one of the load bonus brigade come round the corner to fast and ending up half way across the white line of the road, busy talking b0ll0cks down his cb, wheres vosa when you need them!
If in doubt flat out might work in a rally car but its doesn’t work in a bulk tipper.

Muckaway:

globby:

S and J no good then mate? Saw one of theirs plus an old one in Burford quarry this afternoon.

Not for me.

I followed a tipper driver the other day and I was far from impressed…speeding and then to add insult to injury pulling up and parking on an active zebra crossing, Just coz he couldn’t get in the site he was picking up from …its monkeys like this that give the whole industry a bad name…

And if you ask how did I know he was speeding, well I was doing 31mph in a 30 zone and the tipper I was following was making legs away from me at some pace…

Swampey you have a point about the zebra crossing; When I finished my first stint on flour deliveries and went to a well known tipper outfit, I must’ve been the only one who looked for parking restrictions.

Earthline,Church"s even well respected tipper firms(MCC) have got mirror guards . . so get out of the way-there coming through.
Whats the craic with 8 wheel tippers,do they hunt in packs . .last one there buys the tea?

Suedehead:
Whats the craic with 8 wheel tippers,do they hunt in packs . .last one there buys the tea?

Wiltshire Concrete yesterday at Hills, Bowling Green. Like locusts a plague of battered Daf 8wheelers descended on the quarry. Do they trawl scrapyards when they need a “new” lorry?

Suedehead:
Earthline,Church"s even well respected tipper firms(MCC) have got mirror guards . . so get out of the way-there coming through.

last one there has to wait in the queue behind all the others waiting to tip on the Barber Greene!

carryfast-yeti:

Suedehead:

last one there has to wait in the queue behind all the others waiting to tip on the Barber Greene!

I don’t think the Barber Greene driver would be too happy having Earthline or Churchs’ tipping into their machines.

I was on the 25 the other day approaching the bridge, where all them road works are (50mph) I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a tipper flying down the outside lane of course his back number plate was blacked out with sshite, cars in the middle lane were swerving towards the inside lane because this idiot was coming through, all in a rush to get another load in :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: