Idiots on the road?

Just other people’s opinions on how they deal with bad road users day to day?
I know I should not let it get to me but it happens so many times in a day. Being cut up while climbing a hill on the motorway, cars refusing to let you out when you catch a slower moving vehicle. People always trying to get ahead ( junctions, roundabouts, sets of lights two lanes into 1,)

I feel personally I need to give it up, it frustrates me how people get away with it! In slow moving traffic full freighted, you leave a nice distance and people keep pulling in front? I got a camera my truck and I would love a button to click when I see a dangerous move. Save the clip and have them prosecuted! I think attitudes would change drastically if people thought they could get shopped for stupid moves.

How do other people deal with it? I like my job but don’t like some idiots on the road. The car that goes 54mph and goes slightly quicker when you try to pass, the car coming down the slip road that does not let you back In when you have moved over. Sit beside you jnstead!

I think I need to find another career! Only been doing it for 3 years too."

I think that its best not to move over for cars,commercial vehicles yes,but car drivers are such an unknown quantity they can find plenty of room behind you.

Just look at them as idiots, sigh to yourself and move on.

I did that on a few occasions today, just stayed put. I got the dirty look over the shoulder and they back off.
Tuesday up Manchester I was coming on to a heavy snowed m60, cars were in the middle lane followed by a tipper. leaving me clear to come on to the motorway.As I came to the bottom of the slip, the tipper had come into the inside lane to pass the slower cars and I ended up running on to hard shoulder till he violently swerved into middle lane again after undertaking the cars driving surprisingly carefull in the snow. I was heavy building speed (42800kgs) breaking suddenly was not going to happen.

( yes he did get a hand gesture!)

Brucey106:
I think I need to find another career! Only been doing it for 3 years too."

If it stresses you that much, then yes it is time to look for another job, otherwise you will end up in an early grave.

Conor:
Just look at them as idiots, sigh to yourself and move on.

^^^^^^^^ not much else to do really :imp:

I spent most of my life wanting to do this job, and now I am doing it, I cant bring myself to go back to factory work. I love the drive, the different places I go, other drivers in the job can be a good crack. The challenges. The money!

My father always drove while I grew up and all he used to do is deliver somewhere, drive back. Sometimes reload and head back. He had no phone, no tracker. Could go which ever way he wanted within reason. I don’t remember the traffic being as bad mannered, there was the odd here and there. And he was on more money then than I am now.
Think I am having a bad Friday! :slight_smile:

Anyway bad drivers?

The only thing that annoys me about car drivers, are the ones that sit up the inside of you when you want to move across, they just sit there at dont go any faster, and dont go any slower…so i just put my indicator on (but dont move over) but its amazing how fast they drop back…lol. :slight_smile:

I usually blow the horn while showing them the coffee beans. Jumping round like a chimp at the zoo can also help show them how upset you are :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jokes aside nothing you can do except what Conor said.

Amanda123:
The only thing that annoys me about car drivers, are the ones that sit up the inside of you when you want to move across, they just sit there at dont go any faster, and dont go any slower…so i just put my indicator on (but dont move over) but its amazing how fast they drop back…lol. :slight_smile:

+1

think perhaps you chose the wrong line of work if you can’t shrug off the muppets. they strike dozens off times a day. that’s why you’ve had all that extra training that costs so much. so’s you can anticipate and deal with them before they get in first :smiley: :sunglasses:

Brucey106:
Just other people’s opinions on how they deal with bad road users day to day?
I know I should not let it get to me but it happens so many times in a day. Being cut up while climbing a hill on the motorway, cars refusing to let you out when you catch a slower moving vehicle. People always trying to get ahead ( junctions, roundabouts, sets of lights two lanes into 1,)

alamcculloch:
I think that its best not to move over for cars

Brucey106:
I did that on a few occasions today, just stayed put. I got the dirty look over the shoulder and they back off.

First you complain about car drivers not giving way to you then you admit that you do the same to them :confused:

The hypocrisy and self righteousness of lorry drivers never ceases to amaze me :laughing:

If the traffic stresses you that much you are definitely in the wrong job because it’s not likely to get any better, and it certainly won’t get any better until lorry drivers stop thinking they deserve to be shown some consideration from people who they show no consideration to.

Try slowing down abit, you dont have to sit on the limiter the whole time your on a motorway a few clicks isnt going to make any noticeable difference. If you always seem to be pushed for time you could just start 15-30mins earlier than normal that way you can just chill out abit. A good but very obvious bit of advice someone gave me when i started was no matter how pushed you are for time always make you have lunch, even if you eat it on the go.

common sense dictates that 40tons of moving object would be enough to deter all idiots from being idiots but judging by this thread and examples i have seen myself i am obviously living in cloud cuckoo land

tachograph:
If the traffic stresses you that much you are definitely in the wrong job

This can also be said for the speed merchants who get stressed out at drivers like me who sit at the speed limit on a SC. :exclamation:

Ever heard of “judge lest not ye be judged”

Just because you sit on 12 wheels instead of 4 or 2 dont make you no bloody driving genius.

Do you drive a car when your not at work?

Like the ■■■ at our place the other night,tried to pull a truck and 10mtr trailer through Didcot Macdonalds drive through!!!

Plenty of jokers out there with a HGV ticket too.

I can’t be bothered lol,
I dont like big horses.
Just a Friday rant.

Brucey106:
I spent most of my life wanting to do this job, and now I am doing it, I cant bring myself to go back to factory work. I love the drive, the different places I go, other drivers in the job can be a good crack. The challenges. The money!
Not liking the planning on the Friday or Saturday you supposed to finish. Like today I have no 10 drives left, only a short day. I am currently waiting to tip a full load of blues, I am out of time at 1730. I am 1h30m away from base!
Started all week at 3/4 am and nearly had to start at 8 this morning, but I moaned and things were changed thank god!

This could bring a tear to a glass een. Pass the tissues please.:frowning:

Bear in mind a lot of people just aren’t very good at driving so I give them the benefit of the doubt and let them get on with it without so much as a raised eyebrow.

If someone’s obviously being a douche deliberately then the eyebrow may rise but that’s about it, my nickname has been “laidback” in the past.

Just not worth getting uppity about it, like these knobs that drive for miles trying to overtake each other, it’s like, dude, chill out. There is a difference between trampers or home very night I suppose with the latter being a bit more up for it.