More diesel thefts

Dipper_Dave:

dieseldog999:

muckles:
Maybe it’s time trucks were fitted with a dummy tank that doubled up as a receptacle for bodily waste. Not only will it give the diesel fairies a hell of a surprise, especially if they’re use the old fashioned siphon method, it will mean those who can’t seem to make it to the toilets won’t have to ■■■■ on the floor. [emoji38]

a whle ago my mate was kipping in hs camper when the commotion outside woke hm.
he peeked out the door to see one diddycoy scarpering with another one rolling around on the floor alternating with spewing his lungs out and doubling up in agony,the cause of which being,they tried to ■■■■ his diesel tank dry,but shoved the hose into the chemical waste portapotty tank and got a good mouthfull…
sounds like the ending of one of dipper daves parties,but had to be good to see wnyhow…

:slight_smile:
Simply lovely, plenty in the tank sir…

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

bobbya:

biggriffin:
Trouble is, now days they don’t use a bit of hose, and syphon it out they tend to use, stolen ad-blue dispensing pumps or some thing like this
machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke- … sfer-pump/

Cheap enough considering how much diesel they could steal,get their money back straightaway.

theres a good few trucks over here have them in the locker so you can do your milch cow submarine act to keep the ones in the uk topped up with the cheapo paddy derv.
5 mins and all done.no noise,and only a dribble of mess.just a bit of a bollox when your on trip dosh,to be messing about having to meet up with someone to transfer it.
1 fill and its paid for.

muckles:

Wheel Nut 3:
Once the autonomous trucks arrive with big batteries there will be no diesel to nick, and no drivers to nick it

But there will be nice expensive batteries to nick.

Plus all the expensive thick copper cable and electric motors, all weighed in at the scrap merchants…

Hopefully we will get a few crispies when they try to cut the live cables.

DadsRetired:

muckles:

Wheel Nut 3:
Once the autonomous trucks arrive with big batteries there will be no diesel to nick, and no drivers to nick it

From where? The trucks will be running 24/7 without having to stop for a 45 or 9 off in a layby.

Anywhere. Just pull up in front of one, or step out in front of one, they are programmed to stop. One person in front, one behind just in case it’s programmed to be able to reverse. Autonomous truck disabled, remove batteries and wiring loom at leisure.

the nodding donkey:

DadsRetired:

muckles:

Wheel Nut 3:

From where? The trucks will be running 24/7 without having to stop for a 45 or 9 off in a layby.

Anywhere. Just pull up in front of one, or step out in front of one, they are programmed to stop. One person in front, one behind just in case it’s programmed to be able to reverse. Autonomous truck disabled, remove batteries and wiring loom at leisure.

Why stop at the batteries? Just follow one out of a nice warehouse let’s say Amazon or a brewery/distillers and when the times right, bobs your uncle.

If it goes wrong you also only get to be charged with the lesser offence of theft and not robbery as no need for any violence as no driver to deal with.

Not that either seem to get much of a sentence.

I don’t think removing the batteries is going to be like taking the batteries out of a remote control… I should think the majority of the body work would have to be removed. Someone would probably notice…

I’ve worked on and delivered forklift trucks, believe me for even a small flt you need another to change a battery.
even the new generation lithium batteries you couldn’t pick up without a flt, plus no lead in them :wink:
Anyway, a lot of deisel will be nicked before these become mainstream.

I shudder at the thought of the day when they get round to discovering the scrap value in a euro 6 exhaust. There isn’t a diesel tank on any lorry that is bigger than the £cost of one.

109LWB:
I don’t think removing the batteries is going to be like taking the batteries out of a remote control… I should think the majority of the body work would have to be removed. Someone would probably notice…

The MP4 Actros you’ll need to uncouple the trailer as the batteries are just behind 5th wheel in chassis :laughing: :laughing:

Dork Lard:
I shudder at the thought of the day when they get round to discovering the scrap value in a euro 6 exhaust. There isn’t a diesel tank on any lorry that is bigger than the £cost of one.

Oh they know alright as they have been nicking CAT’s off parked SUV’s for some years now. I can only imagine the rip saw involved with its removal would no doubt wake up the sleeping driver and cause problems whereas diesel theft is almost silent.
My truck got syphoned in Aberdeen once and I never heard a thing.

Volvo had their batteries hidden underneath the chassis plate behind the fifth wheel too

A scrap or used battery ain’t worth getting done for, you won’t hear of many lead acid batteries getting nicked.
Just wait till the next generation drivers start complaining some low life in a solar powered caravan have robbed their leccy :slight_smile: :laughing:

Bring back the days when you use to sell it on the continental work, what a wad you use to come home with, no cards whats so ever, you went out with a wad of cash and came home with your own pockets full.

blue estate:

109LWB:

The MP4 Actros you’ll need to uncouple the trailer as the batteries are just behind 5th wheel in chassis :laughing: :laughing:

As technology/anti theft gets better so will the thieves. There’ll come a day when woken up freezing cold in your bunk that there is only that left…the bunk…everything else… gone around you… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

blue estate:

109LWB:

As technology/anti theft gets better so will the thieves. There’ll come a day when woken up freezing cold in your bunk that there is only that left…the bunk…everything else… gone around you… :grimacing:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

A bit like that abandoned Waberer’s truck in Spain… :laughing:

Lead acid battery stealing is very real, granted not off vehicles, but scrap ones.
My company used to pick up about 5 ton a week.
Now we pick up none, as they just kept getting nicked from our customers and it was a wasted trip for us.

Dipper_Dave:

dieseldog999:

muckles:
Maybe it’s time trucks were fitted with a dummy tank that doubled up as a receptacle for bodily waste. Not only will it give the diesel fairies a hell of a surprise, especially if they’re use the old fashioned siphon method, it will mean those who can’t seem to make it to the toilets won’t have to ■■■■ on the floor. [emoji38]

a whle ago my mate was kipping in hs camper when the commotion outside woke hm.
he peeked out the door to see one diddycoy scarpering with another one rolling around on the floor alternating with spewing his lungs out and doubling up in agony,the cause of which being,they tried to ■■■■ his diesel tank dry,but shoved the hose into the chemical waste portapotty tank and got a good mouthfull…
sounds like the ending of one of dipper daves parties,but had to be good to see wnyhow…

:slight_smile:
Simply lovely, plenty in the tank sir…

Dipper…I bet you have been the star of the show with that comment !

Here’s a controversial idea, I know this will upset the do-gooder brigade, but how about the next 100 diesel thieves that get prosecuted get sentenced to 30 years jail, no remission, and sentence to be served in a Gulag in Siberia…the following 100 get 40 years…etc etc…

Fergie47:
Here’s a controversial idea, I know this will upset the do-gooder brigade, but how about the next 100 diesel thieves that get prosecuted get sentenced to 30 years jail, no remission, and sentence to be served in a Gulag in Siberia…the following 100 get 40 years…etc etc…

How about chopping a hand off first offence,second offence the other hand then just keep lopping bits off till they disappear,now that is controversial.