A66 eastbound bowes diesel theft

due to unforseen circumstances,ran out of time on the a66 last night at bowes.woke up this morning to find thieves had forced my locked tank cap,and had about 300-350 litres of diesel away.if anyone was using this road last night and saw anything suspicious please pm me,if not,just be aware of the area.

Cheers for letting everyone know pal,■■■■ that mate isnt it thieving ■■■■■■■■■ 2 of ours got done at Monmouth this week

I find it safest to park in a restricted area.

im also not sure guys,but i think i may have been gassed.when i woke eventually this morning,i had a heavy head,and felt a little dizzy.put it down to getting a headache,but as today is going on.im feeling even more dizzier and tired.not like me,any ideas??,has this happened to someone whos been gassed?

Highly unlikely, ■■■■■■ are more than capable of thieving diesel while the driver is asleep without waking him up, it’s happened to me and many more of us. “Knockout gas” of the type generally described simply doesn’t exist.

Its a terrible problem this, doesn’t seem to matter where you are as it goes on in op centres, truck stops etc etc. Only heard of a few stories of people gettting it back. Plus the more you deter it the more determined the thieves become, ie locked or blocked at the cap, then its a screwdriver thru the tank.

well,i"ll get my own back come the appleby horse fair,cos when the ■■■■■■ are picking peanuts out of ■■■,and drowning their horses in a river?,i"ll be at their vans gettin me diesel back. :laughing:
gotta hand it to the filth though,they asked me when i reported it,if i wanted someone from the victims support group to contact me for follow up,and if i needed to speak to someone with regard to the incident about trauma■■?.
…no,i would just like you to catch the idiots that did it really,would you not be better off ploughing tax payers money into that,than a kindly samaritan offering me comfort about the sad demise of my diesel. :smiling_imp:

iv had mine done in our yard but we use a dna in our diesel and its got a die in it so it can be traced theve not been back for more yet

Interesting Marcy, I’ve never heard of diesel DNA, how long have you been using it?

This would seem to be the way to combat diesel theft, to pull doasyoulikeys over and dip the 45 gallon drum in the back of the Transit van to see if it’s stolen derv.

buck rogers:
im also not sure guys,but i think i may have been gassed.when i woke eventually this morning,i had a heavy head,and felt a little dizzy.put it down to getting a headache,but as today is going on.im feeling even more dizzier and tired.not like me,any ideas??,has this happened to someone whos been gassed?

i had this happen on the A30 afew years back between Exeter and Whiddon Down when i was pullling for Gregorys :imp: read a memo in there office from Northants Police saying that they spray either wd40 or easy start into air vents or the like and theres a substance in it that put s you into a deep sleep and when you wake up you feel dizzy etc etc :exclamation:

I had my tanks drained several years ago at the Punch Bowl, it is funny I woke up feeling like ■■■ too :laughing:

There is no wonder this country is in such a state with the economy. I just had my hip replaced and the NHS have wasted millions training anaesthetists and developing effective drugs.

When all we really need is a couple of freelance ■■■■■■ with a rusty tin of WD40 or eaZy start

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:

buck rogers:

i had this happen on the A30 afew years back between Exeter and Whiddon Down when i was pullling for Gregorys :imp: read a memo in there office from Northants Police saying that they spray either wd40 or easy start into air vents or the like and theres a substance in it that put s you into a deep sleep and when you wake up you feel dizzy etc etc :exclamation:

Only in 1960’s Batman and Robin programmes…

Dear Mr Kirby,
Thank you for your enquiry. I would like to inform you that you are not the first enquirer with this question. Professor Hatch, our Clinical Advisor, has given the following previous comments:
“I can give you a categorical assurance that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious with ether without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect of the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a rag, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day.
There are much more powerful agents around now, some of which are almost odourless. However, these would be unlikely to be able to achieve the effect you describe, and the cost would be huge enough to deter any thief unless he was after the crown jewels. The only practicable agent is probably the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege - I advised the BBC on their programme about this. The general feeling is that they used an agent which is not available outside the KGB!
Finally, unsupervised anaesthesia, which is what we are really talking about is very dangerous. In the Moscow siege about 20% of victims died from asphyxia, because their airways were unprotected. If the reports you talk about are true I would have expected a significant number of deaths or cases of serious brain damage to have been reported.”
I hope this information is helpful to you.
The Royal College of Anaesthetists

Essentially, “knockout gas” is just a crock of lorry driver crap :wink:

they are talking about this over on the wild camping forum…Its almost impossible to be knocked out by any gas in a cab of a truck…To much free space inside your cab with to much oxygen…the only way to get gassed is if you leave your window open enough to get a big pipe inside and close by your mouth so you breath the gas in…A thin pipe feed through the air vents will take at least 10 hours to get enought gas inside the cab as you need a lot of gas in the cab to knock someone out…And dont forget most knock out gas in heavier than air so it just sinks to the floor and out of the air vents at the bottom of the cab(thats why you have those vents in the lower part of the cab)more than likely to get knocked out from the exhaust from a fauly pipe on your nightheater(and if they block the exhaust the night heater wont ignite)
Think about when people try and kill them self with exhaust gas from a car exhaust it does take quiet some time and they do need a good seal round the pipe and wind the windows up to keep the exhaust gas in the car…

jayeastanglia:
they are talking about this over on the wild camping forum…Its almost impossible to be knocked out by any gas in a cab of a truck…

They talk about it on here too Jay, normally just after someone has said they were gassed in a resto truck park and all their fuel cards and cash have been stolen.

No one can regulate how much gas someone would need to render them comatose or torpid in a lorry cab. If the scum bags with the ether came into the cab to rifle through your trolleys, would it not affect them the same?

Most of the blokes I have met who were gassed in Europe had previously been in the bar hitting the Vin Rouge or Senorita Beater.

Some simply woke up late and used the gassing as an excuse instead of saying. "I [ZB] up and will be there before lunchtime.

BUCK ROGERS… I would have thought that diesel and ■■■■■■ would have been a thing of the past, in the 25th century. :laughing: Obviously not.

marcy:
iv had mine done in our yard but we use a dna in our diesel and its got a die in it so it can be traced theve not been back for more yet

yer i like that one i wounder if i would get away with that dna diesel thing then if i put red in it :grimacing: :grimacing: i can say its a dna for my derv good one that

Sorry to hear that mate, the chances of anyone ever getting caught and prosecuted are extremely slim I’m afraid. Theivin’ scumbags. Our yard got done 4 times last year, the landlord fitted cctv after the second time, so now we’ve got a lovely DVD of ■■■■■■ pinching the diesel :unamused: No one’s ever been caught. We even thought about fitting a dummy tank and putting a bit of brick etching acid in with the diesel but they’d only come back and get their revenge. We’re moving now to a much more secure spot. The best way I think to minimise the risk on the road is to decorate your cab with horse brasses, tether an infalatable horse to your front bumper and spread around the immediate area a selection of orange Calor gas bottles and dirty nappies. Maybe if you have time have a small fire and put the remains of a pram on top. Maybe then, just maybe, they’ll leave you alone. It would also help if anyone speaks to you,to reply in a dialect that is completely unrecognisable.

TerryDactyl.:
Sorry to hear that mate, the chances of anyone ever getting caught and prosecuted are extremely slim I’m afraid. Theivin’ scumbags. Our yard got done 4 times last year, the landlord fitted cctv after the second time, so now we’ve got a lovely DVD of ■■■■■■ pinching the diesel :unamused: No one’s ever been caught. .We even thought about fitting a dummy tank and putting a bit of brick etching acid in with the diesel but they’d only come back and get their revenge We’re moving now to a much more secure spot. The best way I think to minimise the risk on the road is to decorate your cab with horse brasses, tether an infalatable horse to your front bumper and spread around the immediate area a selection of orange Calor gas bottles and dirty nappies. Maybe if you have time have a small fire and put the remains of a pram on top. Maybe then, just maybe, they’ll leave you alone. It would also help if anyone speaks to you,to reply in a dialect that is completely unrecognisable.

And this is the problem.
I’ve had my tank emptied a few times, even had the red taken out of donkey engine tanks. We changed bulk tanks a few years ago, to a more secure one, and considered doing something similar. Like as you say though it isn’t worth the potential repercussions. My brother calls it a ‘tax’ Whatever you call it? It’s a PIA

Our diesel in storage tanks was down hundreds of gallons a month, drivers kept getting blamed for having diesel and not booking it. We had cctv cameras fitted and the guy fitting a camera above the storage tank asked the boss why there was a tap and pipe round the back of the tank going through the outside fence :open_mouth: . The track worn in the grass outside went across wasteland to a ■■■■■ site, The police were called but they said nothing could be proved :unamused:

The idea of a dye in the fuel is not a daft one, only a legitimate haulier with a standard national or international licence could buy low taxed purple fuel from licensed distributors. Farmers get red diesel with a rebate. Hauliers could also get rebated with the amount they buy.

At every town centre there could be a control point to dip ■■■■■ transit vans, anyone running purple diesel could be shot on sight :laughing: