A66 eastbound bowes diesel theft

Harry Monk:
Only in 1960’s Batman and Robin programmes…

Essentially, “knockout gas” is just a crock of lorry driver crap :wink:

to be honest harry monk,i have no idea.
all i know is,yesterday morning,i didnt hear any of my 4 set alarms going off,when i did wake,i felt like crap,had the headache of my life,and had alarming dizzy spells until saturday afternoon,to the effect i had to go to bed,which i have never done before.
today i feel absolutley fine?.i may have felt like this had i been home and asleep in my own bed,who knows?.

sorry to hear about that m8, its a real ■■■■■! i had my own done in the yard where i park it, they had done more wagons there and the guy that owns them u dont mess with. we have cctv so instead of ringing the police he sorted them out himself. he came to me the next week, gave me some money to replace the diesel with, i never asked what happened to the lads, but am sure they wont be doin it again lol

TerryDactyl.:
The best way I think to minimise the risk on the road is to decorate your cab with horse brasses, tether an infalatable horse to your front bumper and spread around the immediate area a selection of orange Calor gas bottles and dirty nappies. Maybe if you have time have a small fire and put the remains of a pram on top. Maybe then, just maybe, they’ll leave you alone. It would also help if anyone speaks to you,to reply in a dialect that is completely unrecognisable.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That,s what I,d call a very helpful and constructive response Terry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:bulb: :bulb: I might try that when the ■■■■■■■■ infest this area in their thousands, in June :unamused: :unamused:

Harry Monk:
Interesting Marcy, I’ve never heard of diesel DNA, how long have you been using it?

This would seem to be the way to combat diesel theft, to pull doasyoulikeys over and dip the 45 gallon drum in the back of the Transit van to see if it’s stolen derv.

weve been useing it for a few years as our diesel tanks are in house and dont use any other fuel when we get a delivery jenrally a artic tanker full every 4-5 days the transport manager has 2 little bottles one has a DNA regesterd to us and the other has a bright blue die it makes the diesel look like anti freeze he puts it in the big tanks that we fill up from is in all the company motors so if its found in any non company motor then some ones screwed and customs are now going round all the quarrys in the area and when a motor comes of the weighbridge they dip the tank even the pickups and cars that come in for stone and sand n suff for when they are doing driveways and other jobs and peoples homes :smiley:

marcy:

Harry Monk:
Interesting Marcy, I’ve never heard of diesel DNA, how long have you been using it?

This would seem to be the way to combat diesel theft, to pull doasyoulikeys over and dip the 45 gallon drum in the back of the Transit van to see if it’s stolen derv.

weve been useing it for a few years as our diesel tanks are in house and dont use any other fuel when we get a delivery jenrally a artic tanker full every 4-5 days the transport manager has 2 little bottles one has a DNA regesterd to us and the other has a bright blue die it makes the diesel look like anti freeze he puts it in the big tanks that we fill up from is in all the company motors so if its found in any non company motor then some ones screwed and customs are now going round all the quarrys in the area and when a motor comes of the weighbridge they dip the tank even the pickups and cars that come in for stone and sand n suff for when they are doing driveways and other jobs and peoples homes :smiley:

This is very interesting, diesel theft has to stop and this seems to be the way forward.

Hello

I was given permission by Rikki to contact you regarding your recent Fuel theft incident.

I don’t want to make this sound too much like a sales pitch as this isn’t my main objective. The company I work for is in the final throws of developing a unique fuel theft alarm system which we call Trucksecure. We have been developing it for the past year with the help of local haulage companies and a Scania dealership.

The system is capable of detecting fuel loss from either the main or secondary tanks. This is achieved by measuring the amount of fuel in the tank and not through the fuel sender unit. I am aware that many companies are fitting anti-siphon devices but we feel these only solve part of the problem and in some cases cause more.

Our system has a two stage alarm by first switching on the lights once fuel removal is detected. If this does not scare off the thief and he continues, we then activate the horn or optional voice loud hailer and GSM text message unit.

As Trucksecure is a modular system, additional deterrent items can be added to increase vehicle security depending on risk and requirements.

We are about to install field trial units with some local companies with the hope of launching the product to market in June/July.

I am currently wanting to talk to drivers who have experienced fuel theft for feedback on their experiences and our product so we can ensure we get it right before it’s launch.

If you would like to contact me, my mobile is 07595 711341. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

For more detail on the product, please visit our web site at www.trucksecure.co.uk

PerryDay:
Hello

I was given permission by Rikki to contact you regarding your recent Fuel theft incident.

I don’t want to make this sound too much like a sales pitch as this isn’t my main objective. The company I work for is in the final throws of developing a unique fuel theft alarm system which we call Trucksecure. We have been developing it for the past year with the help of local haulage companies and a Scania dealership.

The system is capable of detecting fuel loss from either the main or secondary tanks. This is achieved by measuring the amount of fuel in the tank and not through the fuel sender unit. I am aware that many companies are fitting anti-siphon devices but we feel these only solve part of the problem and in some cases cause more.

Our system has a two stage alarm by first switching on the lights once fuel removal is detected. If this does not scare off the thief and he continues, we then activate the horn or optional voice loud hailer and GSM text message unit.

As Trucksecure is a modular system, additional deterrent items can be added to increase vehicle security depending on risk and requirements.

We are about to install field trial units with some local companies with the hope of launching the product to market in June/July.

I am currently wanting to talk to drivers who have experienced fuel theft for feedback on their experiences and our product so we can ensure we get it right before it’s launch.

If you would like to contact me, my mobile is 07595 711341. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

For more detail on the product, please visit our web site at trucksecure.co.uk

Don’t worry about the sales pitch, but in todays climate, every little helps :stuck_out_tongue:

I will follow these projects and products with interest.

Wheel Nut:

PerryDay:
Hello

For more detail on the product, please visit our web site at trucksecure.co.uk

Don’t worry about the sales pitch, but in todays climate, every little helps :stuck_out_tongue:

I will follow these projects and products with interest.

I’ll be at the Peterbourgh Truckfest on the Sunday, so if you are going and would like to see the product give me a call and we can arrange to meet at some point.

Cheers

PerryDay:

Any chance of modifying it so it squirts some Zyklon B gas at them? :wink:

I was thinking more down the lines of like what they do in Africa which I saw on the TV recently with flame throwers underneath the cars.

Not sure how the police would react but would certainly be a good deterrent.