Diesel thefts

Dont seem to hear of it much anymore,I’m sure it must still be happening what with the price of the stuff,or have we just become so used to it we just ignore it.I usually overnight in laybys off the beaten track if possible and touch wood not had any stolen for years,shouldn’t have said that,that is tempting fate :smiley: :smiley:

had the ■■■■■■ call last week, touting for tree cutting work , got rid but next morning fuel cap off the truck (found in the hedge) but fuel ok had a filler neck anti syphon filter fitted, one was found around the back of a neighbour who is a proper tree surgeon, made the excuse he was trying to buy or borrow a climbing rope as his had broken,

Wasteland near nisa at scunthorpe last week and on a1 near colsterworth within last 3 months

Will be none this weekend ,unless you are near appleby :frowning:

Trying to get banned are you Seth. :wink:

1 of ours got emptied at wetherby services last monday night, no damage to cap or tank and amazingly nobody else in the truck park had reported fuel theft that night so guess what the boss thinks

You really should mention these thefts on here it might just save someone else some grief.

Driver at our place got done at tilbury 2 weeks ago, but saying that he does choose to park in stupid places… :unamused: :laughing: he won’t be seeing his £500 bonus this Xmas

Can a simple audible warning to the cab not be fitted that goes off if the cap is removed with the doors locked? Alarm goes off, look in mirror, ■■■■■■ about - start up and drive off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Bugger the tacho - you’re being robbed!

bazza123:

Why not hey, more money in fines for dvsa.

Pimpdaddy:

bazza123:

Why not hey, more money in fines for dvsa.

Surely being “robbed” takes priority!? You ring the police control room after get a crime number in case you get pulled, job done i would have thought?

bazza123:
Surely being robbed takes priority!?

Making money is more important to the dvsa I think, it’s the British way #capitalise:mrgreen:

bazza123:
Can a simple audible warning to the cab not be fitted that goes off if the cap is removed with the doors locked? Alarm goes off, look in mirror, [zb] about - start up and drive off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

I have 2 shock sensors on the tank connected to alarm.

bazstan009:

bazza123:
Can a simple audible warning to the cab not be fitted that goes off if the cap is removed with the doors locked? Alarm goes off, look in mirror, [zb] about - start up and drive off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Has it ever gone off and what did you do?

bazza123:

bazstan009:

bazza123:

Has it ever gone off and what did you do?

Not gone off since fitted, has flashing led on tank and strobe that flashes every 30 secs or so when armed.
The deterent that the lights provide prob enough to encourage them to go to next truck.
The fuel is mine, I pay for it! aint going to sit and let scum take it.

bazstan009:
has flashing led on tank and strobe that flashes every 30 secs or so when armed.
The deterent that the lights provide prob enough to encourage them to go to next truck.
The fuel is mine, I pay for it! aint going to sit and let scum take it.

With our ambulance chasing H&S culture, you might need to be careful you don’t give someone an epileptic fit! :open_mouth: LOL

However, serves em bloody right if their nicking your fuel! (Now how can I electrify the fuel cap? Hmmm…) I can feel a Darwin award coming…

bazza123:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ckage.html
If you damage the “poor little blighter”, he might end up with a claim against you…
There’s not an icon for my face after reading that…

Sumsmeister:

bazza123:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ckage.html
If you damage the “poor little blighter”, he might end up with a claim against you…
There’s not an icon for my face after reading that…

EU directive!!! say no more.