M6 tonight

Asked if he had words for Mr Holroyd - who was left paralysed from the chest down and was present in court today - Morrison added: “No different. Exactly the same. Truly, truly sorry for everything it has caused for all the people involved.”

I watched the evening news and saw Paul being wheeled into court.

raymundo:
‘‘Driver tells jury he is truly sorry’’ !! well he would do wouldn’t he ■■ to hopefully get a lighter sentence surely ■■

A bit cynical mate, and maybe that’s so, who knows, but I know one thing if I caused life threatening injuries or worse to anybody while I was driving, I’d be sure as hell be truly sorry,… and quite devastated tbh. :neutral_face:

It puts your 9 to 10 pound an hour into perspective eh?
When you see what you can do to others when things go ■■■■■■■ up, that poor lad’s life is basically ■■■■■■ up big style, Also it’s what you can do to yourself in terms of doing a stretch in Durham for making a mistake in your job…is it worth it? 9 to 10 quid an hour?
Not sure on that one.

YES!!! guilty of dangerous driving - unanimous!
newsandstar.co.uk/news/Footb … d0cd8fe-ds

Hopefully they will throw the book at the prick. I very much doubt it though with our weak judges and the ■■■■ poor sentences that have been handed out in more recent times.

Hmmnn. Mr cool eh? 37 year old ’ Football agent ’ from nice swanky Worsley.

Bombing along the M6 in his Merc ML texting away making his next big pile of cash, at 80+ mph in crap conditions.

Let’s see how cool he is whilst being a little ■■■■■ in jail :wink:

Having heard about the sentencing on the radio today and another trial in the news, I did wonder if there is any consistency in sentencing guidelines in cases like this where someone is killed, the guy in the merc killed 1, and paralysed another and rightfully goes to jail, but the old guy in the other news story who ran over 2 people and killed both because he put his foot on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal got 2yrs suspended

Similar outcomes Pierre, but a whole world of difference in actions and blatant disregard for the law.

Sentencing to be on Thurs Nov 23/17. There will be lots looking for justice on this one. The more press coverage the better. Hope he is made an example of.

(The defendant knows he will be given a substantial custodial sentence. This is what the defendant’s barrister told the court.) The Judge, Peter Davies, then granted the defendant BAIL (while waiting sentencing), as an " ACT OF MERCY " ! ! !
The collision (I refuse to call it an accident) happened on 21st of February 2016. The trial was Nov. 2017. Why almost 2 years waiting ? What delayed the start of the trial? How much influence has football and big money had on these proceedings ? The defendant pleaded guilty…No need for a delay. Was someone hoping that after a couple of years things might die down a bit and a more lenient sentence can be given ? There are 2 families that won’t forget this business… ever !
Why does this Judge need two weeks to decide on a sentence? MAYBE HE IS WAITING FOR PROBATION REPORTS !
The defendant is a killer, he keeps his freedom for almost 2 years after the collision and then the judge lets him out on bail after a guilty verdict.

Sorry, I got a bit of it wrong, he didn’t plead guilty he was was found guilty. My mistake.

He pleaded guilty to careless but not dangerous, because he refused to accept guilt, the sentence should be higher. When I worked in courts custody many moons ago, an early guilty plea always got a third off the eventual custodial sentence, whereas if they maintained their innocence and where subsequently found guilty by the jury, they received the full sentence available. If I were Mr Cool, I’d be extremely worried as I am looking at the top end of a 14 year jail term.

Hi BossHogg, I read that the jury found him guilty. I seem to be a bit confused on this one. Is it correct he is up for the sentencing on 23/11/17 ?

He is, its been adjourned for pre sentence reports. He will be going to jail when he returns on 23rd. Speaking with local police, they reckon six years upwards is to be expected. He’ll still be able to crack on with his life when he gets out - Adam doesn’t have that luxury. :frowning:

onesock:
Sentencing to be on Thurs Nov 23/17. There will be lots looking for justice on this one. The more press coverage the better. Hope he is made an example of.

So, it’s Nov 23rd and sentencing day but not a word about anything from any-one. How about you Boss Hogg do you know what the sentence is ?

RIP and condolences to there families, Also hope the other Traffic officer as a speedy recovery.

onesock:

onesock:

So, it’s Nov 23rd and sentencing day but not a word about anything from any-one. How about you Boss Hogg do you know what the sentence is ?

OK I Just heard that the judge was taken ill before sentence could be handed down. " A new date will be set ‘later’. "

BossHogg:
He is, its been adjourned for pre sentence reports. He will be going to jail when he returns on 23rd. Speaking with local police, they reckon six years upwards is to be expected. He’ll still be able to crack on with his life when he gets out - Adam doesn’t have that luxury. :frowning:

The Judge was hearing closing arguments on a ■■■■ case but was taken ill before he could start the sentencing. There certainly have been lots of problems in this trial since FEB 2016 - yes 2016.

Sentencing of football agent who caused fatal M6 crash is delayed after judge taken ill

Our man in the court advises new date for sentencing has been set for 15th December.