M6 closed J43-44 tonight from 11pm

Just to let you guys know, the M6 northbound will be closed tonight from around 11pm so that recovery can retrieve a HGV that gone off the c/way this afternoon. It was a cross-over from the southbound, has also taken out 300 yds+ of central res barrier, fortunately no-one was hurt.
It is anticipated that recovery might take up to 5/6 hours.
It’s being closed due to the fact that lane 3 is closed now with variguard being installed whilst the barriers are renewed, (The footings will need remaking as well) and recovery will need both of the other lanes to recover the HGV safely.

Good job I’m off on then, otherwise I’d have been assisting with the closure.

It’s Still closed now traffic is a nightmere and guess what the mobile camera van and vosa are off route and in Carlise city centre

Better put my special Friday night tacho in then :smiley:

Came down just after the accident yesterday the unit ,couldn’t see the trailer , went threw the central reservation across the north bound down the embankment and was still standing up , talk about luck of the Irish those Mar-Train boys must have it :unamused:

I assume you mean tonight (Friday) at 23.00 hrs?
Should be through there by 21.00 Northbound
I came past it this morning at around 2 on the Southbound and they had closed the Northbound off with at least one heavy recovery truck there.
Once again it makes you wonder “how does this happen?”

drivergraham:
It’s Still closed now traffic is a nightmere and guess what the mobile camera van and vosa are off route and in Carlise city centre

It’s reopened now according to our local paper. :wink:

Nice bit of parking
mar.jpg