M6 now

anyone as bored as me on the m6?. been parked for 1 hour 50 minutes, still at least the cabs had a bloody good clean…lol

Whats happening on the M6 then?
Im laid up in hospital since sunday so not seen or heard any news :angry:
Is it just the usual roadworks or a crash?

If it was on NB approach to J18, it’s a multi-vehicle accident, the road is blocked, all injured parties have been taken away to hospital but there’s some nasty stuff leaking out of one of the loads carried, and no-one is going anywhere until Trumpton has decided what they’re doing with it.

Have just checked the cameras, and all lanes are now reopened with traffic flowing, there’s still a tailback from at least 3 miles prior to Sandbatch services though.

The real Biffo:
If it was on NB approach to J18, it’s a multi-vehicle accident, the road is blocked, all injured parties have been taken away to hospital but there’s some nasty stuff leaking out of one of the loads carried, and no-one is going anywhere until Trumpton has decided what they’re doing with it.

Have just checked the cameras, and all lanes are now reopened with traffic flowing, there’s still a tailback from at least 3 miles prior to Sandbatch services though.

Thanks for that The real Biffo, I’ve missed that M6 all week !!! NOT!! :sunglasses: :unamused:

I was in it for 3 hours, must have just happened.

Everyone was milling about & I was chatting to a couple of other drivers when one started laughing & pointed at the overhead sign we were stopped by, bear in mind we had been there for about 45mins with nothing on the sign at all…

The message? “QUEUE CAUTION… 40” made me chuckle :slight_smile:

Melchett:
I was in it for 3 hours, must have just happened.

Everyone was milling about & I was chatting to a couple of other drivers when one started laughing & pointed at the overhead sign we were stopped by, bear in mind we had been there for about 45mins with nothing on the sign at all…

The message? “QUEUE CAUTION… 40” made me chuckle :slight_smile:

The problem is the signals and signs are set by MIDAS, it’s sussed out that the traffic has slowed down so has set the signals for queues, (it doesn’t go less than 40’s unless there’s roadworks and we’ve altered the HDS (highest Displayable Speed) it won’t reset until traffic is passing over it faster than 40 mph, or we’ve switched ALL the MIDAS pads off in the area (Not a good idea, not to mention it would invoke a meeting without coffee, but bring a friend! )
If I’d have been in, you’d had had a message “return to vehicle” once we’d been told things were about to reopen.
I read the log of the job today, it looks like they opened lane 3 to see how the traffic affected the area that had stuff down on it to treat it, once it had been proved to be OK, they opened the rest of the lanes.
The diversion route from J18 is not the best, it takes traffic through a number of villages that are congested at the best of times, that’s why they didn’t divert off at J18 (you’d have still been going around Cheshire yet!)

what happened at m6 junction 2 this morning, was stuck on m6 for nearly 2 hours, heard on radio 3 trucks and 2 cars involved :question: hope everyone was alright :question: :neutral_face:

Got caught in this aswell, made an early finish rather late :imp: :imp: