M6 what a shit up

Heading home n/b M6 saw signs closed 36 to 39, apparentlly some ■■■■ re.tard had gone up or down it the wrong way.
I thought I’ll be clever here,… the approach for 36 will be chokker, so came off at Carnforth A6 n/b through Beetham to go through Kendal.
Got so far and it suddenlly rang a bell to me, reading on here last week A6 Kendal was shut tempo for HGVs. :blush:

Tried to ring ■■■■■■■ Police for any info, was sat in telephone hell oblivion pressing different no.s on keyboard to get right dept, eventually told I was 10th in queue, so I thought, ‘‘useless basts, ■■■■ it’’ :imp: ,

Then I tried local Highways agy…closed on a Sat. :unamused:

Got to Kendal r/about, no entry to HGV, so turned round to re.join M6 n/b with a view to just sitting in it at 37…got to Crooklands M6 r/about,… traffic was heading fine n/b ok, but the roadworks guys had blocked off entry :open_mouth:
Asked them if I could join to sit in the queue further up, … he says " You will have to go s/b to turn back round north to re.join’', and he would not let me join from there, although the slip road was clear, and the queue had not started there, traffic was running free…■■■■ seriously■■? :open_mouth:

So headed back to Carnforth, (where I was an hour previously) had to go in to Burton msa for a break…what a complete and utter ■■■■ up!!

Only consolation is I’m on premium rate, so on my third latte with a bacon sarnie :smiley: , so not all bad looking on bright side.

And there we have it. Rob Roy is the new dozy (on Saturdays not Fridays though) :laughing:

robroy:
Heading home n/b M6 saw signs closed 36 to 39, apparentlly some [zb] re.tard had gone up or down it the wrong way.
I thought I’ll be clever here,… the approach for 36 will be chokker, so came off at Carnforth A6 n/b through Beetham to go through Kendal.
Got so far and it suddenlly rang a bell to me, reading on here last week A6 Kendal was shut tempo for HGVs. :blush:

Tried to ring ■■■■■■■ Police for any info, was sat in telephone hell oblivion pressing different no.s on keyboard to get right dept, eventually told I was 10th in queue, so I thought, ‘‘useless basts, [zb] it’’ :imp: ,

Got to Kendal r/about, no entry to HGV, so turned round to re.join M6 n/b with a view to just sitting in it at 37…got to Crooklands M6 r/about,… traffic was heading fine n/b ok, but the roadworks guys had blocked off entry :open_mouth:
Asked them if I could join to sit in the queue further up, … he says " You will have to go s/b to turn back round north to re.join’', and he would not let me join from there, although the slip road was clear, and the queue had not started there, traffic was running free…[zb] seriously■■? :open_mouth:

So headed back to Carnforth, (where I was an hour previously) had to go in to Burton msa for a break…what a complete and utter [zb] up!!

Only consolation is I’m on premium rate, so on my third latte with a bacon sarnie :smiley: , so not all bad looking on bright side.

Lots of extra dosh for your next holiday at premium rates

Rowley010:
And there we have it. Rob Roy is the new dozy (on Saturdays not Fridays though) :laughing:

:laughing: : :laughing: Cheers.
At least I’ll get a steak dinner tonight. :smiley:

Glad to hear someone will be getting some beer & beef tonight?

And all the weekend idiots keep telling us they do it as it’s so much
Easier than mon Friday as the roads are all clear of traffic !!

Hgv sat nav would of sorted it :smiley: :blush: :wink:

dozy:

M6 is ■■■■■■ 24/7/365

Punchy Dan:

And a Tomtom pro with live traffic would have re-routed him and he’d have avoided all the traffic anyway. :laughing: :wink: :sunglasses:

robroy:
Heading home n/b M6 saw signs closed 36 to 39, apparentlly some [zb] re.tard had gone up or down it the wrong way.

Tried to ring ■■■■■■■ Police for any info, was sat in telephone hell oblivion pressing different no.s on keyboard to get right dept, eventually told I was 10th in queue, so I thought, ‘‘useless basts, [zb] it’’ :imp: ,

Asked them if I could join to sit in the queue further up, … he says " You will have to go s/b to turn back round north to re.join’', and he would not let me join from there, although the slip road was clear, and the queue had not started there, traffic was running free…[zb] seriously■■? :open_mouth:

So headed back to Carnforth, (where I was an hour previously) had to go in to Burton msa for a break…what a complete and utter [zb] up!!

Robroy . You should have headed up the A 65 to the edge of Kendal , and then turned right , through Oxenholme village . Turn right , past Oxenholme Station , and then up the hill , turned left at the Station Inn pub . At the end of that road , either turn left onto the A 684 , and into the edge of Kendal , then turning onto Sandylands Road ( before reaching the low railway bridge ). Then turn left , and then right at the Duke of ■■■■■■■■■■ . The other route would be to turn right onto the A 684 towards Sedbergh , and then proceed to J 37 , - assuming n/b is clear from there .
Cheers , cattle wagon man .

dozy:

I started seeing the camper brigade as early as 5:30 this morning. By 7 it was business as usual, by 8:30 traffic was heavier than on a weekday (M25/M40)

Reef:
And a Tomtom pro with live traffic would have re-routed him and he’d have avoided all the traffic anyway. :laughing: :wink: :sunglasses:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nightline:

robroy:

Lots of extra dosh for your next holiday at premium rates

:laughing: Wow…hiya MATE. :wink:
I’ve missed you, as you haven’t responded to any of my posts for ages…I was beginning to think you didn’t love me anymore. :neutral_face:
Now you know as well as I do that I can’t really afford holidays on my own wages, so I thought of contacting you so we could maybe holiday next time together and go halfers on the next one?
Leave it with you…call me. x :wink: :smiley:

peirre:
Glad to hear someone will be getting some beer & beef tonight?

So many jokes, so little time. :slight_smile:
Not even going to mention curtains btw :laughing:

dozy:

Cheers doze, so now you’re calling me an idiot :open_mouth: …and I thought we were trucknet mates. :cry:
:wink: :smiley:

cattle wagon man:

robroy:

Robroy . You should have headed up the A 65 to the edge of Kendal , and then turned right , through Oxenholme village . Turn right , past Oxenholme Station , and then up the hill , turned left at the Station Inn pub . At the end of that road , either turn left onto the A 684 , and into the edge of Kendal , then turning onto Sandylands Road ( before reaching the low railway bridge ). Then turn left , and then right at the Duke of ■■■■■■■■■■ . The other route would be to turn right onto the A 684 towards Sedbergh , and then proceed to J 37 , - assuming n/b is clear from there .
Cheers , cattle wagon man .

Now you tell me :unamused:
:laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Ok, but think of the grief I would get on here Dan if I decided to get one . :laughing:

Result was…(if anybody is mildly interested :unamused: :laughing: )

Sat in Burton msa for about an hour, had a coffee and a conversation with a lad who had followed me from Kendal :smiley: .

Came on the radio that it was some irresponsible knobhead ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ who was high on drugs going the wrong way up the M6 through the roadworks/contraflow.(suspected to be armed so Police helicopter and armed response unit called out :open_mouth: )

If he killed himself who would give a ■■■■ ? :unamused: …but it would be more like him killing some poor innocent,.
In fact one of my daughters are sometimes on the M6 at that time of day with her baby,.I’d want to rip his ■■■■ throat out if it was her that he hit. :imp: …just lucky nobody was injured or worse.

Delayed about 2 hours in total, but hey!, hourly paid and all that :sunglasses: …, so handy for when me and nightline go on our romantic week away. :laughing:

Delayed about 2 hours in total, but hey!, hourly paid and all that …, so handy for when me and nightline go on our romantic week away.

Benidorm or bust for you pair… :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
Delayed about 2 hours in total, but hey!, hourly paid and all that …, so handy for when me and nightline go on our romantic week away.

Benidorm or bust for you pair… :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

Wherever he decides to ‘‘sweep me off my feet’’ mate.
But don’t get jealous. :smiley:

I bet you kicked yourself once you remembered the closure which stopped you, you can have your choice of any of the hundreds of T shirts i’ve got for this antic :laughing:

Don’t worry though mate, those senior moments :smiling_imp: gradually outlast the lucid ones, ask me how i know this :blush: