M6 what a shit up

robroy:

peirre:
Glad to hear someone will be getting some beer & beef tonight?

So many jokes, so little time. :slight_smile:
Not even going to mention curtains btw :laughing:

The response was a little subtle :laughing:

Juddian:
I bet you kicked yourself once you remembered the closure which stopped you.

Yep, suddenlly a ‘‘Oh ■■■■’’ moment, a sense of realisation when I saw the Kendal sign, after feeling so smug with myself thinking I had missed the queue, …only to have to return to the same bloody point where I was an hour ago. :unamused: :smiley:

peirre:

robroy:

peirre:

Maybe a bit TOO subtle for some…but at least you got it. :smiley:

robroy:

peirre:

robroy:

peirre:

Maybe a bit TOO subtle for some…but at least you got it. :smiley:

Sniggers …

I’m getting bored with Dozeys wife on Friday nights seeing as she cooks a lousy steak… What is your home address Rob? :smiley: :smiley: :smiling_imp:

msgyorkie:
I’m getting bored with Dozeys wife on Friday nights seeing as she cooks a lousy steak… What is your home address Rob? :smiley: :smiley: :smiling_imp:

You’ve no chance bud, …and talking of steak, that’s the type of quality my lovely wife is used to, so she aint gonna eat takeaway burgers. :sunglasses:
Rob 1
msgyorkie 0
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

You’ve no chance bud, …and talking of steak, that’s the type of quality my lovely wife is used to, so she aint gonna eat takeaway burgers. :sunglasses:
Rob 1
msgyorkie 0
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

nightline:

robroy:
Heading home n/b M6 saw signs closed 36 to 39, apparentlly some [zb] re.tard had gone up or down it the wrong way.
I thought I’ll be clever here,… the approach for 36 will be chokker, so came off at Carnforth A6 n/b through Beetham to go through Kendal.
Got so far and it suddenlly rang a bell to me, reading on here last week A6 Kendal was shut tempo for HGVs. :blush:

Tried to ring ■■■■■■■ Police for any info, was sat in telephone hell oblivion pressing different no.s on keyboard to get right dept, eventually told I was 10th in queue, so I thought, ‘‘useless basts, [zb] it’’ :imp: ,

Then I tried local Highways agy…closed on a Sat. :unamused:

Got to Kendal r/about, no entry to HGV, so turned round to re.join M6 n/b with a view to just sitting in it at 37…got to Crooklands M6 r/about,… traffic was heading fine n/b ok, but the roadworks guys had blocked off entry :open_mouth:
Asked them if I could join to sit in the queue further up, … he says " You will have to go s/b to turn back round north to re.join’', and he would not let me join from there, although the slip road was clear, and the queue had not started there, traffic was running free…[zb] seriously■■? :open_mouth:

So headed back to Carnforth, (where I was an hour previously) had to go in to Burton msa for a break…what a complete and utter [zb] up!!

Only consolation is I’m on premium rate, so on my third latte with a bacon sarnie :smiley: , so not all bad looking on bright side.

Lots of extra dosh for your next holiday at premium rates

:laughing: Wow…hiya MATE. :wink:
I’ve missed you, as you haven’t responded to any of my posts for ages…I was beginning to think you didn’t love me anymore. :neutral_face:
Now you know as well as I do that I can’t really afford holidays on my own wages, so I thought of contacting you so we could maybe holiday next time together and go halfers on the next one?
Leave it with you…call me. x :wink: :smiley:

I could just see it now, you with your tee shirt on and on the front it’s says butch robroy and on the back it says im not butch
They would love you over there

I was manning the closure southbound at J39, on the whole, the traveling public didn’t give me too much grief when I explained it was an armed police incident.

BossHogg:
I was manning the closure southbound at J39, on the whole, the traveling public didn’t give me too much grief when I explained it was an armed police incident.

Hiya mate…Can you explain why although the traffic was freely flowing n/b at 36 at the time up to where the hold up was further up, , the ■■■■ in the road works van would not let me join the m/way on the slip road, to sit in the queue further up, but instead told us to go back s/b to the Carnforth junction and do a U turn. :open_mouth:
Logic ? Common sense? :neutral_face:

I believe the police didn’t want anyone else joining the tailback as we were in the process of turning trapped traffic around to clear them from the scene when the police contained the situation and decided it was no longer necessary. I got the go-ahead to lift the southbound closure just after 10.