M6 j6-4

any of you boys/girls stuck in hold-ups from J6-4 as a result of major accident?

I’ve been turned round onto northbound and crawled along A38.

Any idea whats gone on?

Ed

I heard it was a 4 or 5 car pile up including a horse box. Don’t know for definite though. Our driver going to Brum tonight is in for fun.

Was this morning though, never bothered posting on here because it was pretty late by time I’d heard about it.

A truck, a horse box and a couple of cars I was led to believe

7pm tonight I heard it was still closed north and south. Courtesy of Sally Boazman

Yep was stuck for hours, trying to get to the a14 to go to harwich. Didnt matter what road you picked to try and avoid a delay everywhere was ■■■■■■, either traffic from this crash or just another crash. Do hope everyone in the crash was ok though.

It happened at 1420.

I must of went through seconds in front of it because there was a silver horse box and a Vauxhall combi van stop on the inside lane/hard shoulder i did think it was a bit shadey.Then i look in my mirrors seconds later and there was nothing behind me coming through

article-0-14884D96000005DC-718_468x286.jpg

article-0-14884D83000005DC-754_468x286.jpg

1 horse killed…2 people critical…i went past northbound just after it happened…looked nasty
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi … m-19248557

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question,
(its been many years since i was on HGV)
If you were stuck in this hold up the news was saying the motorway had been closed for 6 hours what do you do re the tachograph and drivers hours?
How much time are you allowed to get to an area to park up especially if you have passed the legal driving/ working time?
For instant would you be allowed to drive to Corley services even though you may be out of time?

Regards

Crispie

Bloody hell I was heading from Bristol to Leicester early hours this wonderful morning.
First matrix “A46 closed after A435” so can’t go that way, next matrix M42 closed 3 -3a, bugger better to go north round Birmingham to join M6, get past M42 junction, next matrix “M6 closed Junction 6-4” WTF :open_mouth: does the world want me to not get to Leicester? Ended up heading through the middle of Brum down the A45 to Coventry and then accross to Leicester, added 45 mins to my usually very easy Tuesday.
Was still easy :sunglasses: but WTF is happening to our roads?

Oops! just looked up and seen pics of the accident on the M6, looks bloody horrible, hope the people recover ok.

The pics on the Daily Mail’s website are shocking, just hope the horse was killed instantly and didnt suffer :frowning: RIP horsey! ■■

Trucker-Lass22:
The pics on the Daily Mail’s website are shocking, just hope the horse was killed instantly and didnt suffer :frowning: RIP horsey! ■■

Sorry, but much as I’m sure you and the rest or the world (including me) are sorry about the horse, but its out of the situation now and there are also human beings and their familys suffering.
I understand you may be an animal lover but animals live and die thats nature, but with humans its another whole level of suffering, both by the victim and their family and friends.

schrodingers cat:

Trucker-Lass22:

Sorry, but much as I’m sure you and the rest or the world (including me) are sorry about the horse, but its out of the situation now and there are also human beings and their familys suffering.
I understand you may be an animal lover but animals live and die thats nature, but with humans its another whole level of suffering, both by the victim and their family and friends.

im sorry but my horses are part of my family and to me it would be like loosing a member of the family (i know some people cant understand that but when you have a close bond with and animal everyday for a number of years thats how it becomes) i understand the owners are probally in no fit state to worry about the horses (but if they are true horse lovers i know they will be devistated) I obviously wish people injured a speedy recovery and was only saying that i hoped the horse was killed outright and didnt incur a painful death.

Crispie, I would drive to Corley, as that is possibly the first place of safety to park up. Do a printout, or write on back of chart, the location you were stuck etc.
VOSA would consider this appropriate action.

Trucker-Lass22:

schrodingers cat:

Trucker-Lass22:

im sorry but my horses are part of my family and to me it would be like loosing a member of the family (i know some people cant understand that but when you have a close bond with and animal everyday for a number of years thats how it becomes) i understand the owners are probally in no fit state to worry about the horses (but if they are true horse lovers i know they will be devistated) I obviously wish people injured a speedy recovery and was only saying that i hoped the horse was killed outright and didnt incur a painful death.

I’m not asking for you to be sorry, I’ve lost pets and it’s hurt me to hell, and as much as we feel like they’re members of the family, the reality of losing a close member of family or seeing a close member of family suffer is worse, trust me.

Could have been a lot worse, 2 horses were wandering around the Motorway after the crash.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi … m-19252609