M56 jct 9-6

Been over to warrington tonight and on the way over at about 7pm the M56 was closed eastbound Jct 9–6. On my way back heading eastbound on M56 motorway still closed this was about 11.15pm so all traffic diverted onto M6, wasnt a prob for me as thats the way I go. Had a look on ceefax when I got home but no news, just says on the traffic spot "closed due to serious accident ". Has anyone any idea whats happened?? . Reason I’m askin is that I work out of Runcorn and a few of my mates travel on M56 eastbound on their way home. I dont know how long its shut for so antone reading this then on their way out that way just check the traffic reports

Paul

Fatal RTA - can’t really say more at the moment but it involved a HGV! :frowning:

SD

I have just read on teletext that the accident involved and HGV.
Apparantly a broken down Audi was on the hard shoulder with a highways agency vehicle behind it. The truck ran into both of the vehicles killing the woman audi driver and seriously injuring the highway’s agency staff.
Now its too early to say why the truck hit the cars, posibly some other drivers errors caused the truck driver to swerve onto the hard shoulder, possibly a vehile prob, blow out or something like that BUT it it was down to careless driving or falling asleep at the wheel or running bent THEN that driver wants locking up and the key throwing away. I think its about time we all as professional drivers start to take more care in our daily jobs and consider the other road users and the public in general. Yes there are more idiotic non professional drivers out there causing accidents everyday but we are suppossed to be PROFESSIONAL so lets start acting like we are.

My condolences to the family of the lady killed and a fast recovery to the persons injured.

Paul the driver of the HGV DEFFO wants locking up and not for any of the reasons you stated ‘hiccup’ ! :imp: :imp:

Unfortunatly I am working on hearsay but from a reliable source so I won’t say anymore until its been confirmed.

Super Dan:
Paul the driver of the HGV DEFFO wants locking up and not for any of the reasons you stated ‘hiccup’ ! :imp: :imp:

Unfortunatly I am working on hearsay but from a reliable source so I won’t say anymore until its been confirmed.

Personally Super Dan. I think it would have been better to say nothing at all, until it has been confirmed.