M6 J15 to 14 CLOSED

Just been told the M6 is shut 15 to 14 following a fatal accident, too late if youre in the queue but though i would post to help those still with time to find an alternative route. Wont be open much before 3am. May also be shut northbound, still trying to get more info.

Mick

Only SB closed at the moment according to Trafficmaster

trafficmaster.co.uk/content/ … c-map.html

Click and drag the map to the area you want to view :sunglasses:

it was all open again at 5 am

I was stuck in it for 6.5 hrs, still at least i got to go home to my family!!

i heard a lorry had gone into the back of a hamerfor.

what is wrong with that stretch of road ■■? i got caught up in a accident earlier on between 14 and 13 southbound managed to get back to the yard with 9 minutes to spare on a 15hr spread

This accident happened right in front of one of our drivers, he watched in happen. I think he said it was a people carrier type of vehicle and a car involved in the inital accident with people carrier going up the bank overturning and rolling back into the live lanes and ending upside down in the fast lane, and the car part on hard shoulder and part in the nearside lane. He was able to stop and placed his rig behind the car to stop it getting hit by on coming traffic and helped get the lady out and onto the banking. the overturned vehicle was then hit by a van in the outside lane as it was upside down and no lights showing.

As our drivers on the phone to the police he hears a loud thud and then see’s vehicles on the southbound running over what he thought was debris from the accident. Very sadly it turns out to be the person out of the overturned vehicle has ended up on the southbound side of the motorway and was hit and run over by several vehicles.

I spoke to our driver last night (wed) who is now off work and suffering with after effects of hearing the thud and then seeing vehicles run over someone.

My thoughts go out to everyone concerned in the terrible accident.

BigBear

It’s not for us to pre judge the situation,but would there be a query on the wearing of seat belts here?
Condolences to the family of the deceased,and our thoughts also go to anyone else involved.