M6 Closure, Junc 2

Have heard that it has been closed, virtually all day, whats been the problem?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cove … 334184.stm
[/url]

yet again FFS !!!

Came past northbound at 3.30 and the 2 seven and a half tonners were still there, in lane 2 about 100 yds before the slip goes off.

i have a good idea what happened by the position of the vehicles but as someone is dead I will be respectful and keep them to myself.

Yes very sad, thats the second fatal accident ive seen today, that one on the M6 and the one on the M25 clockwise between J27 + J28.

I saw what i thought was a car, and obviosuly was reading the BBC site.

Poor buggers were only going to work/at work this morning :frowning:

Came southbound M6 from 3 to 2 at about 3pm and it only added an extra 5 mins to my journey to exit at J2 and go up M69 which was free flowing all the way to the M1.

Woman dies in multiple collision
A woman has died after her car was crushed between two lorries in a collision on the M6 involving a third lorry and another car.

The M6 southbound remains shut between junction two at Coventry and the Catthorpe Interchange, where it joins the M1 at junction 19.

Emergency crews said one lorry driver was trapped for almost two hours before being airlifted to hospital.

Diversions are in place and it is hoped the M6 will be reopened at 1400 BST.

The closure is also causing delays on the M1, M69 and surrounding roads, the HIghways Agency said.

The crash, which happened at about 0740 BST, was causing delays of about two-and-a-half hours for drivers between junctions 3A and two.

The woman was found with very serious injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene, a West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said.

RIP :cry:

If I never see another person lose their life in a road accident, it’ll be too soon.

Tragic.

I absolutely HATE that jct! If traffic is stacked up then I will avoid it and go down the M1, longer but safer. Too many near misses, people cutting in at last minute or just not paying attention, til its too late to see the q of vehicles!

Best thing they can do is make it a flyover/underpass straight onto A14/M1 North, but money dont grow on trees! How many people have to die here before they wise up!

An old friend was killed there a few years ago before they altered the lane markings. She had just been to a meeting where she had been promoted. On her way home to tell everyone the good news! A truck ran right over the top of her stationary car!
19 yrs old she was, with everything to live for.

one of our lads was about 10 vehicles behind this. he got stuck for 2 1/2 before they let him past the scene. when he drove past he thought it was a couple of trucks, he didnt realise there was a car invloved till he read the bbc news feed. :cry:

condolences to all invloved :cry:

jon

if you open the link then look on the right of the page there is another story about a lorry driver killed by car in a layby.

My sympathies are with the families concerned

“there by the grace of God go I”

Sad day. Someone lost their life at our workplace.

well…this junction is getting rediculous now…i saw the remains of mondays accident…very grim…it took all day for the investigation…maybe they could refer to the other 59 serious accidents in the last 3 years…the highways said they can’t understand why all these accidents occur in good weather…maybe it’s because it got ■■■■ all to do with the weather,it’s because there’s 3 lanes squeezing down to 2 lanes then going round an island then down to 1 lane then another island then upto 2 lanes,during rush hour.
they must be still ‘consulting’ about the new junction that was supposed to be done 2 years ago.
it’s only a matter of time now before there’s a major accident.
there were 5 drivers killed in 5 days over last weekend…2 were struck getting out of their vehicles on the A46,one was a truck driver.
:cry:

been a bad week for deaths my missus cousin lost his life at corby chilled last friday…was meant to be his day off to
R.I.P… NB