M6 tonight

@Boss Hogg…out of curiosity, how the ■■■■ do you turn up at a job to control traffic etc, knowing that one of your own has been killed by some bellend whilst carrying out the exact same task and carry out your duties ‘as normal’? Sometimes, those that are responsible for putting info up on the OHMs do themselves no favours… I was heading West on M4 tonight j8/9-10…saw one of yrs on HS (lights flashing) and a recovery van. Moved into lane 2 and as I got a bit nearer, I could see several sets off brake lights coming on…eased off a bit and as I got nearer, I could see the N/S lane closed off with half a dozen cones/beacons as an artic had an o/s puncture and was being attended to. Wouldn’t it have been handy if those above had put this info of the closed lane on the OHM and not leave everybody to find it at the last second? Worst thing was, I hadn’t long passed a foreign truck and we know what they are like for pulling out

My thoughts for the dead and injured and their families, but how do these f*****g idiots do it ? Unless it’s someone that’s suddenly been incapacitated at the wheel it should be a 20 year sentence inside and not ever again allowed behind the wheel on pain of another 20. As someone already said, you don’t go to work expecting never to go home again.

Actrosman:
@Boss Hogg…out of curiosity, how the [zb] do you turn up at a job to control traffic etc, knowing that one of your own has been killed by some bellend whilst carrying out the exact same task and carry out your duties ‘as normal’?

You go into autopilot and get on with the job in hand. My colleague who died would have done the same if it was me. :wink:

highways.gov.uk/traffic-info … uary-2016/

I posted that on Tuesday ET. :wink:

BossHogg:
I posted that on Tuesday ET. :wink:

So you did Boss, I can only blame senility :unamused:

Never mind, keep taking the meds! :wink:

Bullshire Police shop have commissioned a memorial tiepin in both police/HETO battenburg. With Adam’s name and collar number RIP on the rear tyre of both. :frowning:

peterm:
My thoughts for the dead and injured and their families, but how do these f*****g idiots do it ? Unless it’s someone that’s suddenly been incapacitated at the wheel it should be a 20 year sentence inside and not ever again allowed behind the wheel on pain of another 20. As someone already said, you don’t go to work expecting never to go home again.

One from 4 weeks ago to keep you on your toes :open_mouth: youtu.be/z6wCwR5F35o

That was the third of our cars in as many weeks that were hit on the hard shoulder. Now people will understand why we stand outside our cars in all weathers.

speedyguy:

peterm:

One from 4 weeks ago to keep you on your toes :open_mouth: youtu.be/z6wCwR5F35o

Definitely a :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I donated last night towards Great North Air Ambulance and noticed this amongst the donations:
‘’ I know we moan about you HATO guys closing lanes, especially when we’re short on hours, but we know you do an important and dangerous job. From a Truck Driver’’ with a £20 donation.
If you are on this site, THANK YOU. Donation, and more importantly the words, are much appreciated.

Any other thoughtful drivers: justgiving.com/Highways-Eng … er-Service

itv.com/news/border/2017-10- … -on-trial/

it seems that the hato was killed LAST FEBRUARY 2016…so someone has their wires crossed…even the op who posted the supposedly latest info relates to that…so i dont know what to believe,seems this accident today, and the one in 2016 are carrying the same pictures.■■

BossHogg:
Driver who ploughed down M6 highway workers on trial | ITV News Border

Lock the ■■■■ up, throw away the key. Waste of God’s free air.

truckyboy:
it seems that the hato was killed LAST FEBRUARY 2016…so someone has their wires crossed…even the op who posted the supposedly latest info relates to that…so i dont know what to believe,seems this accident today, and the one in 2016 are carrying the same pictures.■■

This one is the Feb2016 RTC, don’t know about any today. Maybe mods can amend the title to reflect that.

One man dead and the other paralysed. 30 years.

Page 4 of an old post, the link is from the trial today, the driver of the Mercedes is going down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckyboy:

I think the only person with wires crossed is you, Truckyboy. All the posts in this thread are about the 2016 incident - the trial currently being underway.

All the evidence has now been heard, the trial has been adjourned until Monday when the defence and prosecution do their summing up, then it’s over to the jury.

‘‘Driver tells jury he is truly sorry’’ !! well he would do wouldn’t he ■■ to hopefully get a lighter sentence surely ■■