Looks Like They're Having a Purge on Load Security

Drempels:
It’s an immediate prohibition notice, placed on a vehicle registered outside of the UK.

A PG9 is exactly the same as a GV9, it’s just the modern name for it, like LGV and HGV are the same thing.

Harry Monk:

Drempels:
It’s an immediate prohibition notice, placed on a vehicle registered outside of the UK.

A PG9 is exactly the same as a GV9, it’s just the modern name for it, like LGV and HGV are the same thing.

Not according to the ministry men who regularly issued them to me. I once asked them why the tipper beside me was getting a PG9 and mine was a GV9, and that was the answer I got.

Was in Hampshire somewhere, they would have a cop literally hiding in a bush, who would leap out and flag you down with very little time to react and slow down safely. It was bloody dangerous and I told them so, they didn’t appreciate my honesty :laughing:

dle1uk:
its ok for some to say go back and take your test again ect, am i the only one that as passed test and done 70 hrs cpc and never even been shown how to open a vehicles curtains?/ and as for traffic officers issuing the fine take a look in some of their cars, if single crewed usually a fairly large holdall left unsecured on passenger seat

I passed both class 2 and 1 and initial CPC in 2014 and apart from having to know how the actual ratchet worked I was never shown how to strap a load and I’ve just finished the last of the 5 CPC courses and in one of them he talked very briefly about load security but never said what the requirements are so taking the test again wouldn’t solve anything. The problem is the rules seem to change everyday depending on where you are stopped and by who. For example I was stopped with a load of pallets on a trailer with load bearing curtains and only strapped the last 2 pallets as they were a positive fit and low, stable pallets so no chance of falling. I was told that was fine and carried on. 2 weeks later another of our drivers got stopped with the same load on the same trailer and strapped in the same way and got a warning for insecure load and was made to ratchet every pallet because apparently at Stafford they don’t recognise load bearing curtains and everything has to be strapped. The same happened with pallets of tissue. I know a driver who was told internals are good enough for tissue, yet a mate of mine was made to RATCHET! pallets of tissue at Preston even after he told them it would damage it the product. There is no consistency with the rules.

Garbo2018:

P Stoff:
The problem is so many are having stupid accidents the emphasis is now on loads. Let’s be honest if you load properly and drive sensibly strapping shouldn’t be required.

I picked up from that Pallet place at Fradley Park for the first time the other week. All manor of shapes and sizes in no particular order. Strapping it was a nightmare. How do you strap an exercise bike without damaging it. It’s a joke.

Crap wages, crap conditions and then fined for breathing, oh and £3k to be able to do it. And they wonder why there’s a driver shortage.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Or they positioned and stacked the load right up to the roof, so it’s virtually impossible to throw a strap over it.

That sounds like a Smurfit Kappa job.

mm1988:
apparently at Stafford they don’t recognise load bearing curtains and everything has to be strapped.

Wtf, who are these ■■■■ s to make these sort of decisions at the drop of a hat.
Load bearing curtains are load bearing curtains, whether those twunts ‘‘recognise’’ them or not.

Every load should be judged on it’s own individual merit when they stop you, a load of steel with no straps is insecure in that type of trailer, but a load of tissue in an identical trailer certainly IS whether they ■■■■ ‘‘recognise it’’ or not.

Thread title says it all ‘‘Having a purge’’.
It’s funny how they always have purges on offences that can generate cash, you never hear of purges on burglaries, or truck crime, …funny that.

Good. Now I’m waiting for them to start a purge on:

• drivers who don’t indicate
  • drivers who cut 3 lanes + stripes to take an exit (while speeding and without indicating)
  • cars who try to pass lorries on a single lane roundabout
  • cyclist/bikers who pass nearside
  • cars that stay in lane 2/2 or 3/3 or 4/4 going at 50mph when limit is 60/70
  • drivers who don’t use the hard shoulder when it’s open for use
  • drivers who stop on the hard shoulder to take a ■■■■/make/take a phone call
  • drivers who use their phones while driving on the motorway
  • drivers who can’t keep their vehicle in a single lane (drunk?)
  • those who drive at 40mph on the motorway for no obvious reason
  • (mostly queue jumpers) those that cut in between two vehicles forcing the second one to brake hard
  • drivers (99% cars) who park on double yellow lines causing huge traffic queues in cities, or park illegally on a corner or right before/after a pedestrian crossing

Until then I will consider my tax-payer money as being wasted by the police/VOSA

Having googled inconsistency in load security enforcement, this came up from 4 years ago:

commercialmotor.com/news/fe … -continues

What is interesting is that the DVSA are saying that roping and sheeting IS appropriate if done correctly! We have been saying that all along.

Drempels:
I think the whole obsession with load security is simply because they’ve got nothing else to do people for any more, in 99% of cases.

They became so strict and so ■■■■, that operators became (rightly) paranoid about the smallest thing. A very large German firm I used to work for put up a notice saying that an inoperative marker light was now classed as GV9(S). Don’t know if it’s true, but given the way these people have gone, I’m inclined to believe it.

You used to see some shocking sights, but they are very very rare now, and the ones you do see are by people who would do it anyway.

They have simply done themselves out of a job, and need to keep themselves funded and justified. Gotta ■■■■■ the budget, don’t you know.

Probably not far off the truth! Won’t be long before we’re getting done for not having both hands on the wheel at ten to two or looking anywhere apart from mirrors or straight ahead.

the nodding donkey:
Is the fact that Christmas (parties) is just around the corner, purely coincidental?

Yes. It’s a ridiculous theory that anti police, anti authority people like to come out with. All money goes to a central office. If any was used for a Christmas party then professional standards would soon put a stop to it. ipcc would have something to say as well.

There’s a lot of hate to the police here and people coming out with ■■■■, but let’s not get awa from he fact that the drivers have made no or little effort on some of those pictures to secure the load. “Only compliant trucks were the empty ones”. As much as you all hate the police for doing their job, it’s not very good on our part now is it.

On the 2 curtain siders how hard was it for those drivers to pull a few internals across? Pure laziness.

DickyNick:
There’s a lot of hate to the police here and people coming out with [zb], but let’s not get awa from he fact that the drivers have made no or little effort on some of those pictures to secure the load. “Only compliant trucks were the empty ones”. As much as you all hate the police for doing their job, it’s not very good on our part now is it.

On the 2 curtain siders how hard was it for those drivers to pull a few internals across? Pure laziness.

No hate from me, they’re acting on the instructions of their superior officers, who are acting on behalf of the government. Looking at the pics, they do all appear to be traffic cops, and that’s what traffic cops do, traffic stuff.

I do think that Police efforts could be concentrated elsewhere, and on far more pressing matters, but it’s not my decision.

There’s no denying, however that all of them in the pics, aren’t the fittest looking people. I have a few friends, both here and abroad, who are serving officers, and they would all put them to shame over a hundred yards.

RIPPER:
From Twitter

Hants Roads Policing

@HantsPolRoads
Load securing operation today on M4/A34. Joint working HSE, TVP, Hants, Met Pol and City of London Police. The only compliant trucks we saw all day were the empty ones. Drivers please secure your loads properly. #JOUCVU

Whoever loaded that truck is partly to blame. If it was loaded at a palletways type company shame on them. If the driver was watching them load he’s not a professional driver. I wouldn’t have taken that out like that. With a bit of rearrangement that load would be a lot better and safer.

Drivers and drivers

P Stoff:

RIPPER:
From Twitter

Hants Roads Policing

@HantsPolRoads
Load securing operation today on M4/A34. Joint working HSE, TVP, Hants, Met Pol and City of London Police. The only compliant trucks we saw all day were the empty ones. Drivers please secure your loads properly. #JOUCVU

Whoever loaded that truck is partly to blame. If it was loaded at a palletways type company shame on them. If the driver was watching them load he’s not a professional driver. I wouldn’t have taken that out like that. With a bit of rearrangement that load would be a lot better and safer.

Drivers and drivers

The one with the cylinder I’m referring to

P Stoff:

P Stoff:

RIPPER:
From Twitter

Hants Roads Policing

@HantsPolRoads

Drivers and drivers

Last time I was at Palletways hub in Fradley they didn’t allow you out of the cab whilst being loaded.

DickyNick:
There’s a lot of hate to the police here and people coming out with [zb], but let’s not get awa from he fact that the drivers have made no or little effort on some of those pictures to secure the load. “Only compliant trucks were the empty ones”. As much as you all hate the police for doing their job, it’s not very good on our part now is it.

You say it’s ■■■■, I say it’'s constructive criticism.
The Police are no more than revenue raisers, the type of crime that involves the common man in the street takes a back seat, excused by their ‘‘lack of resources’’ .
If that IS genuine, then those resources should be prioritised in favour of serious crime and not catching a driver drinking his Costa latte or not strapping up his pallets of cardboard…
So…how exactly is that ‘‘Coming out with ■■■■’’ ?

GORDON 50:

P Stoff:

P Stoff:

RIPPER:
From Twitter

Hants Roads Policing

@HantsPolRoads

Drivers and drivers

Last time I was at Palletways hub in Fradley they didn’t allow you out of the cab whilst being loaded.

No they don’t which is why the loader should be better trained. Not knocking agency staff as I do the odd day or two a week but if companies employ temp staff at lowest wage there’s only ever going to be one result.

Best unsecured 1 yet
facebook.com/60934056248802 … 716983027/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostSomeWhere:
Best unsecured 1 yet

10kgs per box?
That will be a money earner for `em: just fine everyone taking the shopping home from the supermarket, unless they ratchet strap it into their car boots.
National debt cleared in a week!

LostSomeWhere:
Best unsecured 1 yet

FFS, what a joke, someone needs to stand up to this sheeite!!

Wasn’t me having read the comments it appears to have been a sprinter 3.5T curtainsider just outside Fort William
vehicle checked
phone usage checked
Asked for Tacho !!!
Traffic cops