Security

Can anybody make sense of the following. A mate of mine is telling me that truck company with great value is been checked and followed by an ex copper employed by a subcontractor. After heated chat I said I have never heard of the like. I commented there is no point the load is checked at loading point sealed by whatever means and checked at delivery. The truck is tracked by GPS. Who can tell me more

What would be the point? A sub contractor can’t do anything in the event of an attack. This isn’t America.

There was talk of this when that lorry with Million pounds of coins got robbed… Funilly enough no contractors were there to secure that load.

i work round Heathrow one of the local firms has Incognito Security on its vehicles … makes me laugh. they are usually there to observe and film and will not do anything more

i cant name the firm but there’s 1 company in scotland that uses a security firm for the last 25 years too check there trunks as they travel past certain point’s on there route from the time they left the loading point to the delivery point.
they use this as well as tracker as the company they work for insist on it.

I loaded once 8000 Kilo Euro Coins.
Non of our Drivers did know about it and in Barcelona had one 3 big Wooden Boxes only on the Trailer.
No Security
No GPS
No nothing.
Works perfekt

i used to do this for a haulage firm in wolves, used to follow trunks from scotland to wolves depot,it was usually after someone had reported something or they had other info ect…

I’ve known a company to do this because of fuel theft/scam.

The son, ex SAS, of an old work colleague of mine is involved in security of loads. He works the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden as an armed guard on board merchant ships mainly tankers going to and from the Suez canal. Top notch money and hopefully not a lot to do for it either.

Geopost used to have company security follow randomly selected night trunks from Interlink and Parceline both from the depot to the hub and hub to depot to ensure they were following the routes given and if they made any deviations or stops that the drivers were advising the traffic office. Probably still do it.

I know some companies do send security with their trucks doing random observations. Its more to do with observing the driver and the procedures than preventing a robbery

In fact I remember one driver spotted the security man following him and since he had high value goods, he phoned the police and had him pulled :laughing:

scanny77:
I know some companies do send security with their trucks doing random observations. Its more to do with observing the driver and the procedures than preventing a robbery

In fact I remember one driver spotted the security man following him and since he had high value goods, he phoned the police and had him pulled :laughing:

Yeah :laughing: good thinking.

A well known drugs company used to employ people to follow some of the loads so i was told being as they were very high value, dont know if they followed on the continent though, but can understand it.

A mate of mine once noticed he was being followed by a van whilst driving his 7.5tonner loaded with SIM cards. So he tried to shake the van off by going round roundabouts and whatnot, but couldn’t lose him. In the end he decided to boot it all the way down the M1 to Crick, to his delivery point - this was before the 3rd lane ban and speed limiters.The van driver approached him at Crick and revealed himself. He was a private security bloke employed to follow him :laughing: and he expressed… shall we say dismay?.. at being forced to drive like that for an extended time.

truckyboy:
A well known drugs company used to employ people to follow some of the loads so i was told being as they were very high value, dont know if they followed on the continent though, but can understand it.

Who was that ? The Mafia [emoji379][emoji206]