Statistics and rubbish!

Some people can’t half talk rubbish (as well as me), this article makes me laugh no end…
Northants Police cuts HGV freight theft

The Police have been

building relationships with HGV drivers and allowing them to confide in the force.

Northants Police claims the reduction is down to its launch last April of Operation Stammtisch, in which a regular ‘truckers’ surgery’ was set up for drivers to speak to police on a range of issues affecting them.

I’m wondering how it works. Say for example you load a load of booze in London to head up North, need to park up around Northamptonshire then you pull in one of the services tell the coppers your problems which will be crap showers, expensive food etc !!The copper knows that…

“Quite often drivers will be carrying a heavy load of high-value goods and so could become victims of thefts.”

Then the copper says “we recommend you don’t park in Northamptonshire” and then contacts your compay to tell them its best you do’t park in their area (the Police left that snippet of information out of the press release :smiley: )
The driver takes note of the info and leaves the area.

“Our officers will educate them and give them advice on things like parking in secure areas, what to be aware of and advice on how to keep their truck secure to help prevent a crime before it happens.”

And thats how crime reduction works !! No mention of an improvement in detection rates or of what potential criminals may now be targetting their attentions too!! And crucially no mention of the Police recommended secure parking spots in Northamptonshire. You can rule out the MSA’s in Northamptonshire as drivers have been kidnapped and hijacked in them fairly recently, the Red Lion attracts a bit of police attention but usually to catch lorry drivers for having a few to many in the pub the night before, not sure they ever caught a robber!!!

I thought Chris Tindall done an excellent report there , and like me the RHA are sceptical too. Honest they are, go read it yourself !!!

great so what your telling us is the way police reduce the crime in their area is to tell you to go park in another forces juristiction…wow way to go crimebusters…lol.

wirralpete:
great so what your telling us is the way police reduce the crime in their area is to tell you to go park in another forces juristiction…wow way to go crimebusters…lol.

You might of inferred that from my post Pete but i can assure you that wasn’t my intention to insinuate that :smiley:
The Police reckon that

a 37% cut in freight crime

is down to the success of this operation stammersmich (or whatever its called), i’m sure its correct and in no way due to the amount of drivers not parking there because the Police told them not to. After all if that was the case, Chris Tindall would of reported it, i’m sure he left nothing out!!

ope your not being sarcastic there mike?, after all these people keep use safe from all kinds of unsauvory people, did you not here how the stamped out illegal selling of goldfish in the manchester area?..make you feel proud :laughing:

wirralpete:
ope your not being sarcastic there mike?, after all these people keep use safe from all kinds of unsauvory people…

Indeed. If I’m going to get done-over, I’d much prefer a polite, well-spoken criminal, TYVM. :wink: