Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi Jerem…

Yes, back in France… Have to keep one step ahead of the Serious Crime Squad :laughing:

Interesting about the WW1 thing, a big interest of mine… Will pm you when I get a chance…
Truck on steady…
Stu.

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Yes, back in France… Have to keep one step ahead of the Serious Crime Squad :laughing:

Interesting about the WW1 thing, a big interest of mine… Will pm you when I get a chance…
Truck on steady…
Stu.

The Menin gate in Ypres is very thought provoking, but also standing in a small cemetary before a headstone with the name of a relative you didn’t know you had engraved on it.

TIR Original:
Hi all, just to let you know that my brother Albert Stratton passed away on Tuesday morning 25/06/ 2019. Many of you may have worked for him and many have said that he was a good boss, including Fergie 47. R.I.P. Albert.

Condolences from the Bedfordshire contingent… regards Andy

Spardo:

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Yes, back in France… Have to keep one step ahead of the Serious Crime Squad [emoji38]

Truck on steady…
Stu.

The Menin gate in Ypres is very thought provoking, but also standing in a small cemetary before a headstone with the name of a relative you didn’t know you had engraved on it.

Last post at the Menin Gate is a must, everytime been there has been special, last Nov they had recovered 2 Ozzie soldier from a building site & had the coffins there Very moving an Ozzie Navak Girl sang Oz & Belgian anthems (in Flemish) awesome voice, 1 trip took a mate to find grt grandfather & grt uncle both names no graves in 1 cemetery Loos en Grelle nr Lens over 500 men’s names from 1 Regiment
Jeremy

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Badger:

Spardo:

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Yes, back in France… Have to keep one step ahead of the Serious Crime Squad [emoji38]

Truck on steady…
Stu.

Last post at the Menin Gate is a must, everytime been there has been special, last Nov they had recovered 2 Ozzie soldier from a building site & had the coffins there Very moving an Ozzie Navak Girl sang Oz & Belgian anthems (in Flemish) awesome voice, 1 trip took a mate to find grt grandfather & grt uncle both names no graves in 1 cemetery Loos en Grelle nr Lens over 500 men’s names from 1 Regiment
Jeremy

The only time I was there was early in the day, so could not be there for the last post. I wonder if there is a link to a You Tube recording of the occasion you mention Jeremy, would be great to hear it.

Autotrans from Southampton run and owned by Ray Smith

L4003p.JPG

David
Not me on youtube I did try to video the last post on my phone but when I held it up I must have pressed Selfie mode so I filmed a Big Hairy Biker in Hi Viz behind me instead, We also took Mum & Dad there once & they were taken right up to the buglers & I filmed that on my big camera but forgot to press sound button So I’m No Steven Spielberg in the making I’m afraid.
all the best
Jeremy

Spardo:

Badger:

Spardo:

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Truck on steady…
Stu.

Jeremy

The only time I was there was early in the day, so could not be there for the last post. I wonder if there is a link to a You Tube recording of the occasion you mention Jeremy, would be great to hear it.

Badger:
David
Not me on youtube I did try to video the last post on my phone but when I held it up I must have pressed Selfie mode so I filmed a Big Hairy Biker in Hi Viz behind me instead, We also took Mum & Dad there once & they were taken right up to the buglers & I filmed that on my big camera but forgot to press sound button So I’m No Steven Spielberg in the making I’m afraid.
all the best
Jeremy

In that case then, if I make it back there sometime I’ll do it and post it. But it will have to be my camcorder as I don’t have a smartphone, but the rear screen on that has failed so I can’t see what I am pointing at. :unamused:

Hi all i spoke with Mappo on Friday he is home and seem’s to be doing well a little short on breath at times but as i say after all he has been through doing well. :sunglasses:

Hi Nobby, please accept my belated condolences at the sad loss of Albert, may he RIP

Gerbil…was good to hear from you mate, appreciated the phone call…as i did from everyone else that phoned, messaged and visited me
while i was in hospital…All the good wishes are gratefully received and give me encouragement to keep going.
Besides that, i have to make the August bash, cos it’s Charlies turn for the beers.
As MaggieD ( Richard ) mentioned, i may not post much these days but i’m keeping a watchful eye on you lot, so no slagging me off just yet please. :laughing:

mappo:
Hi Nobby, please accept my belated condolences at the sad loss of Albert, may he RIP

Gerbil…was good to hear from you mate, appreciated the phone call…as i did from everyone else that phoned, messaged and visited me
while i was in hospital…All the good wishes are gratefully received and give me encouragement to keep going.
Besides that, i have to make the August bash, cos it’s Charlies turn for the beers.
As MaggieD ( Richard ) mentioned, i may not post much these days but i’m keeping a watchful eye on you lot, so no slagging me off just yet please. :laughing:

I don’t know if you picked up on my comment Tony , we’ve never met but I have gone through the lung cancer thing , 60% lung removed and a month radiotherapy . I did everything they told me and it has turned out well so far . I’m in remission now and sincerely hope you can have as good a result . I know you have more problems than mine , but keep your chin up and keep fighting . Best wishes and kind regards , Dave .

mappo:

Tony. I have just said goodbye to the First Responders. They were called

in response to my having a bad turn having read the article re me having to

get the beers in at the August Bash. I’m fully recovered now but please don’t

do that again. As you well know I’m an old pensioner who is down on his luck.

I’ve only just got over the scam that was done to me when Richard Duke of Wellow

and myself visited you in hospital. On the way back to his mansion he suggested

that we stop off at a pub and drink lots of beer and stuff ourselves with food.

When we finished he got up and said just going to the loo. See you in the car.

I frantically searched my pockets for cash and then what happened? Yes I found

his DKV card. Happy days! I also gave the waitress a £20 tip. Sorry to go on but

the drugs are starting to kick in.

Just a quick message to Gerbil. I walked round by the old brewery today.

What a sad looking place. Trees growing out of the cracks in the concrete. Windows

smashed etc. Shame.Regards to all. Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

rigsby:
I don’t know if you picked up on my comment Tony , we’ve never met but I have gone through the lung cancer thing , 60% lung removed and a month radiotherapy . I did everything they told me and it has turned out well so far . I’m in remission now and sincerely hope you can have as good a result . I know you have more problems than mine , but keep your chin up and keep fighting . Best wishes and kind regards , Dave .

Hi Dave, many thanks for the encouragement mate, and well done for doing so well.
It’s difficult as you know, but bring it on i say and fingers crossed…
It helps of course with so much support from family and friends, it seems that i’ve finally conquered the 1st and largest tumour…Next appointment is on the 15th to see what the next step is, so watch this space.

charlie one:
Tony. I have just said goodbye to the First Responders. They were called

in response to my having a bad turn having read the article re me having to

get the beers in at the August Bash. I’m fully recovered now but please don’t

do that again. As you well know I’m an old pensioner who is down on his luck.

I’ve only just got over the scam that was done to me when Richard Duke of Wellow

and myself visited you in hospital. On the way back to his mansion he suggested

that we stop off at a pub and drink lots of beer and stuff ourselves with food.

When we finished he got up and said just going to the loo. See you in the car.

I frantically searched my pockets for cash and then what happened? Yes I found

his DKV card. Happy days! I also gave the waitress a £20 tip. Sorry to go on but

the drugs are starting to kick in.

Just a quick message to Gerbil. I walked round by the old brewery today.

What a sad looking place. Trees growing out of the cracks in the concrete. Windows

smashed etc. Shame.Regards to all. Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:

Badger:

Spardo:

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Truck on steady…
Stu.

Jeremy

Hi Spardo,
I was there last year and videoed the last post - very moving. I’ve uploaded the video of the last post and a few pictures from the Menin Gate, Ypres. Click on the following link- https://photos.app.goo.gl/mLfuAvpfzqfUwpgi6 My son filmed the occasion from my shoulders with my phone. I’m to blame for any shaking.
Regards
Johnny

Hi all, Charlie glad to hear your still getting about but not sure of the company you have been keeping lately. But the brewery i haven’t been there for a while but i thought it had been decided to build flat’s and house’s on the old site. All being well god willing and wind in the right direction will see you at Mr Shepard’s establishment in August. I thought it was very good of you to say you would get a round in for everyone that attends or did i not hear right. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev. You’re fight.I have been mixing with a few rough ens just lately. I think that they’ve
Been trying to lead me astray. Re statement about buying drink at the bash. I wrote that when I was tired and emotional. However I will do what I promised. It just means that I will be on starvation rations till the bash. Hey Ho.Re the old brewery. I think that they are having a problem selling. Hope you and yours are well
Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Charlie glad to hear your still getting about but not sure of the company you have been keeping lately. But the brewery i haven’t been there for a while but i thought it had been decided to build flat’s and house’s on the old site. All being well god willing and wind in the right direction will see you at Mr Shepard’s establishment in August. I thought it was very good of you to say you would get a round in for everyone that attends or did i not hear right. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev,

Hope you and Jan are ok, please do not take pity on Charlieone the only reason he came down my neck of the woods was because his Italian driving machine had a problem,I thought he was taking it to the Ferrari dealer down the road, but no he brought it to our workshop, to try and get it done on the cheap which we did, and extracted the urine by paying with my DKV Card !! After we had been to see dear old Tony,really pleased to see the progress he has made,Charlie was off on a weeks holiday to an exotic island,having said that when he booked it with his bad eyesight he thought it said ■■■■■■ Island :blush: so don’t let his pleas of poverty get to you, what is worse 3 of our old drivers live on this Island,so he probably caught them for a quid or two as well.

Here are a couple of pics, who is that young lad on the right ?

Regards
Richard

Hi all, Richard do you know i looked in the mirror just know and i don’t think i have changed a bit certainly don’t look any older may have lost a bit of weight or just toned up a bit.( in my dreams). Hope you and Angela and all the family are well. :sunglasses:

Just fond this one,looks like one of the above.
Dont know if it been posted before.

Danne

7AB30DD7-7E49-43E3-B646-356612B2D9AE.jpeg