Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Jimski:
Hi all hope your all well !!
A friend of mine Pete Green has been a sign writer in Southampton for 40 plus year he sent me this pic yesterday of a Guy J that he sign wrote for a fella called Mick Ingram does any one recognise the motor?
He said he used to pull for Sea Route Ferry ■■

I am sure this is the Big J I bought from a Spring Road subby around 1977/78 , I cut the back panel out and inserted 18" which made a fair sleeper. It was then painted jet black with white wheels. In fact I completed 2 Big J’s the same way, one had a ■■■■■■■ and the other was Gardner .

Would you have employed this man ?

image.png

My God. What a revolting looking man. Good job he improved his looks later in life

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: Hi Tony.

Little bit harsh there Charlie, :open_mouth: but I forgive you… :laughing:
I can’t help it if I’ve always been a babe magnet. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jameson F88.

A00331.JPG

DEANB:
Jameson F88.

Great picture Dean, and a long time since I saw a Kangaroo Tilt. Harvey

charlie one:
My God. What a revolting looking man. Good job he improved his looks later in life

I never knew Shirley Temple drove lorries Charlie . You learn something new every day .

mappo:
Would you have employed this man ?

I have heard that the Wardells Big J driver is much prettier now than what he was back in the 1970s. :wink: :wink: Ray

rigsby:

charlie one:

I never knew Shirley Temple drove lorries Charlie . You learn something new every day .

Rigsby I thought it was Nana Mouskouri !!

Hope you are ok Tony.

Regards
Richard

DEANB:
Jameson F88.

That brings back a memory. I drove that back in the day.

Had it lifted in Concorrezo. Got the sack for being off route!

Unhappy day! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Here is another shot of the Jameson F88 next to my Scania on the top deck think Townsend Thoreson ferry in Southampton Docks, cheers Buzzer.

old jameson,

Hi all been sorting out me loft found a few old picture’s so am going to try to bore you all.

Ha ha me again got the hang of it know.

Got a feeling I know that eatery and there was a bib carpark opposite but cannot for the life of me think of the name, it was on the road towards Bourge en Bress, the alternative route than the road the Bakehouse was on, annoying me now so someone tell us whats its name, Buzzer

Great pics Kev, i notice Lucketts went posh then after i left. :open_mouth: :laughing:

That restaurant looks like Jayat i reckon…

mappo:
Great pics Kev, i notice Lucketts went posh then after i left. :open_mouth: :laughing:

That restaurant looks like Jayat i reckon…

That’s the place Tone just could not think of the name of it, far better than the Bake House and not full of flies and the lorry park was on the level so you did not end up at one end of the bunk, MH moments right there Buzzer.

charlie one:

DEANB:
Jameson F88.

Thats a cracker Charlie ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres another Jameson.

AD20.JPG

DEANB:

charlie one:

DEANB:
Jameson F88.

Thats a cracker Charlie ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres another Jameson.

Some great pics DEANB. Brings back some good memories. And some bad :frowning:

IMG_0257.JPGAndy Harris has sent me a photo of him loadin at Cognac.

Rawlings tilt. Tractor still in blue as Horace had just finished

pulling for Sea Route.1972.