Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Badger:

roolechat:

Badger:
Some stuff found in Dad’s briefcase

few other later
Jeremy

Ah!,the missing CMR has turned up after 24 years.Could the claused signature have anything to do with the delay ?
Anyway, a set of Badger-or is it a Badger set ?

Chris
1st pic taken at Alton on A31 on the way back from Tiltec, Barking
Nice pic of my DAF, before I put her thru the wars, she was a bit battle scarred by the end, mechanical she was completely sound never put a spanner
on the Engine 800,000 kms, only 1 clutch.
As for the CMR it clearly states badly loading by the French so Sorry no claim accepted
regards
Jeremy

img115.jpg

roolechat:

Badger:

roolechat:

Badger:

few other later
Jeremy

Ah!,the missing CMR has turned up after 24 years.Could the claused signature have anything to do with the delay ?

Chris
Nice pic of my DAF, before I put her thru the wars, she was a bit battle scarred by the end, mechanical she was completely sound never put a spanner
As for the CMR it clearly states badly loading by the French so Sorry no claim accepted
regards
Jeremy

Chris
Thats Roger & Little Roger in the Picture.
Its been a few years since I saw Little Rog he had a Iveco on containers, don’t know if Roger is still around?
Jeremy

roolechat:

Badger:

roolechat:

Badger:

few other later
Jeremy

Chris
regards
Jeremy

hi. still on boxes packed up with own truck 2016
sadly dad passed away in jan 2018
your photos brought back good memories…
here are photos when dad was on jameson.

rh1:
hi. still on boxes packed up with own truck 2016
sadly dad passed away in jan 2018
your photos brought back good memories…
here are photos when dad was on jameson.

Hi Roger
Sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost mine in Nov last year.
Glad you r still working, I’m lazy now semi retired but still do a bit of driving but only on rigids or Pick & car trailer, some new BMW’s to customers
homes & occasionally do some Posh stuff like Ferrari’s, E Type’s Lamborghinis So I live the dream for a few seconds loading & unloading them??
Was the Trascon was Red before that when your Dad was pulling for Merrick’s?
all the best
Jeremy

hi Jeremy
the merricks one.

This is a long departed company from Southampton, Buzzer.

29511086_1873590132660895_7772835710712586697_n (2).jpg

Buzzer:

Great picture JD, “Sqibby” now that rattles the old cells.
I wonder who can remember the haulier (IOW) Mike Death, pronounced… Dee… ath. Red F10. long, long ago. Harvey

HRS:

Buzzer:

Great picture JD, “Sqibby” now that rattles the old cells.
I wonder who can remember the haulier (IOW) Mike Death, pronounced… Dee… ath. Red F10. long, long ago. Harvey

Think Mike was from the. I.O.W…■■?

Double post.sorry!!

He was , but can’t think name of yard, the Volvo f10 was ADL 2T,

trunker08:
He was , but can’t think name of yard, the Volvo f10 was ADL 2T,

Good to hear mate, is he still at it ■■?
I was demonstating a F7 6x4 tipper to an O/D in Swindon one day. He had the Volvo and I drove his Ford. When coming up Blunsdon hill, who should pass me but Mike Death.
The Ford had " Harveys tippers" on the side ( Richard Harveys company) and Mike nearly fell out of his F10 when he passed me. :unamused: he phoned me the next day in the office and wanted to know how long I had had a tipper company, we had a good laugh at that one, Cheers Harvey

Re mike death, it was near on 40 yr ago I had a job there (long story)
He had the Volvo,2 3300 daffs and day cab scania 110.

After my departcher!! He…I believe parked the lot up and opend a tractor dealership, which again as I believe closed down.
No idea what he is up to now, hope this helps?

Another double post sorry

trunker08:
Another double post sorry

Thanks for that “Trucker08” As I get older I sometimes think “Whatever hapened to” sort of thing, especially with people I enjoyed doing business with.
I think I would find it hard selling trucks these days with the drink and drive rules, ha !!! Harvey

Hi all hope your all well !!
A friend of mine Pete Green has been a sign writer in Southampton for 40 plus year he sent me this pic yesterday of a Guy J that he sign wrote for a fella called Mick Ingram does any one recognise the motor?
He said he used to pull for Sea Route Ferry ■■

Jimski:
Hi all hope your all well !!
A friend of mine Pete Green has been a sign writer in Southampton for 40 plus year he sent me this pic yesterday of a Guy J that he sign wrote for a fella called Mick Ingram does any one recognise the motor?
He said he used to pull for Sea Route Ferry ■■

Jimmer that GUY is a 1971 Reg so going back a bit, the only one old enough to remember that is Mappo a senior, senior member, cheers Buzzer.

Now now Buzzer, i cant believe you said that and we’re the same age… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I have driven several Big J’s in my early career, for Smith of Maddiston and also for Henry Smithers,
as well as the one i drove for Wardells that i did my 1st trip over the water in…must have been mad. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mappo:
Now now Buzzer, i cant believe you said that and we’re the same age… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I have driven several Big J’s in my early career, for Smith of Maddiston and also for Henry Smithers,
as well as the one i drove for Wardells that i did my 1st trip over the water in…must have been mad. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Me also Tony drove a BIG J out of Helston Cornwall VWN 475H no power steering and it ended up with a chap from Alderbury who worked on Smart Freight remember them but one of my first motors as an O/D was a Mammoth Minor Chinese six tractor unit SMW 608J and as you said I also drove a non sleeper Mandator for Frank Allen on PBC for £35 a week all in and your right we must have been mad, Buzzer