Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:

robthedog:
Couple to keep your blood boiling JD

In this world there are those who like dishing it out the crap and those who cant seem to take it back the other way, think it may be you who should getting over yourself not me, seem to remember I did apologize to you but obviously that aint enough for you is it, doh.

I’m well over It John
Your very sincere apology was fine
Your the one with the little digs every other post !!!
The proof is posted below

Buzzer:
Bet old RTD is happy now there has been more page one action on this thread in the last 48hrs than there has been for a long time. We have even got criticism from abroad for our petty arguments about he said, she said.
Glad to see you still looking in Ian and telling us off happy new year to you by the way, remember the fake £1 coins you got as change on our baccy deal we had at Les Slater’s garage, laugh I nearly bought a round of drinks, but then we all went for a beer at 1/4 to 2 so we did not sup to much and would not be able to drive home, MH days them, cheers Buzzer.

Dig 1

Buzzer:
Jimski saw this on FB and thought of you mate, not a bad model eh but I remember them in real life as well, cheers Buzzer.

PS. Where is RTD ? bit of argy bargy on here now this thread is alive again, JD.

Dig 2

Buzzer:

DISPATCHER:
Oops!! Up you go

Hi Chris are you on RTD’s payroll, see he aint found his camera yet after all the drama, JD.

Dig 3

For all the regular viewers on this thread I am a bit of a gardener, dig over the allotment, dig in some well rotted FYM, then plant your spuds and the final dig them up so there you have it, three digs for better cropping that will see you through the Winter, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
For all the regular viewers on this thread I am a bit of a gardener, dig over the allotment, dig in some well rotted FYM, then plant your spuds and the final dig them up so there you have it, three digs for better cropping that will see you through the Winter, cheers Buzzer.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Buzzer:

Very good all digs over ■■

DISPATCHER:

Chris…top one Spud Murphy, bottom one Charlie Tigwell…■■ It was 55 years ago !! :unamused:

Hi Dave

Nearly right bottom one probably was Jack Murphy climbing the hill out of Conders. Charlie never drove drawbar he hated them.
He always had XNM not the one with the scraper, ages ago takes a bit of brain strain at our age.

Dispatcher…been catching up!

MUH first motor I mated,with Barry Johnson went to Hove? Got a stator? For Stafford, then to Leicester forest east
North bound to pick a poorly anta up.Has to be 40 or more year ago,

Thanks for pic, good times!!

Blast from the past, Buzzer

Thats a cracking F89 Buzzer ! :smiley:

Anyone recognise who owned the Seddon Accident ■■? :laughing:

A03560p.JPG

DEANB:

Hi Dean, The sign on each corner with an “H” in it, could that be RH, the name Ross Hillman is in my head somewere !!!
Agree with you. The Armstrongs draw bar brings back some very happy memories, Thanks Buzzer. Harvey

DEANB:

This SA 400 was operated by Hunt’s Transport who at this time were owned by Laingfreight, Andover
Originally,T Hunt & Sons Transport were in a small yard at Northam adjacent to George Cohen’s 600 Group.They moved to a warehouse & depot at First Ave, Millbrook Trading Estate,operating Leyland Comet & Bedford KM rigids.For their Pirelli cable work,some vehicles were fitted with winches A large part of the warehouse was given over to the storage of plywood .The business was acquired by Lainfreight & the green & white livery was replaced by Laingfreight’s somewhat lurid colour (see headboard of trlr in the picture).Certainly the SA200 rigids which Laingfreight renewed the fleet with, stood out !
Meachers Transport acquired the 10 vehicle business from Laingfreight in March 1982

roolechat:

DEANB:

This SA 400 was operated by Hunt’s Transport who at this time were owned by Laingfreight, Andover
Originally,T Hunt & Sons Transport were in a small yard at Northam adjacent to George Cohen’s 600 Group.They moved to a warehouse & depot at First Ave, Millbrook Trading Estate,operating Leyland Comet & Bedford KM rigids.For their Pirelli cable work,some vehicles were fitted with winches A large part of the warehouse was given over to the storage of plywood .The business was acquired by Lainfreight & the green & white livery was replaced by Laingfreight’s somewhat lurid colour (see headboard of trlr in the picture).Certainly the SA200 rigids which Laingfreight renewed the fleet with, stood out !
Meachers Transport acquired the 10 vehicle business from Laingfreight in March 1982

roolechat:

roolechat:

DEANB:

Thanks very much “roolechat” :wink:

Still going today doing the empty cows to Italy, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Still going today doing the empty cows to Italy, Buzzer.

Great shot, who runs it now john, ? Harvey

Good morning Harvey. Still in the Rawlings family. It’s now run by Kevin Rawlings who

is the Nephew of Jimmy RIP. A really nice guy and a warm human being. I’m only saying

this in case he’s watching. Only fault I can see is there aren’t enough lights on the tractors.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: