Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hrs… You mentions you joind Hendy truck?

Was that at Hendy Chandlesford? I started my apretiship? There in 1960…agricultural part
Hated it with a vengeance!!!
Joins Bakers soon after as a mate!

LR Man:
Hi Jimski,

I found the photo I took when on a trip with Phil in the early eighties, that’s him in the Merc on the left. There is a good selection of Southampton lorries, including Transport Services, Springroad and Skillbeech!
I have more from around this time if anyone is interested.

Regards, Mark

Hi Mark what a cracking picture!! Lots of Skillbeech there think the 140 Scania was Pete Mongers (R.I.P.)
We’d all love to see the other pictures Mark !!!

Regards Jimski.

trunker08:
Hrs… You mentions you joind Hendy truck?

Was that at Hendy Chandlesford? I started my apretiship? There in 1960…agricultural part
Hated it with a vengeance!!!
Joins Bakers soon after as a mate!

Hi Trucker08, yes, Chandlersford was my base but I covered the depots, Havant, Bournmouth, Exeter and St Austal.

Hi All,
For the last few months I have done my Sunday shift with this chap sat in the passenger seat.
The driver of the truck has put it there, God only knows why, but I am feeling comfortable with my companion.
Question : Am I in trouble ■■? do I need help ■■?
Harvey

Harvey
No but you need to up your dosage??
regards
Jeremy

HRS , do you know my company’s fitter Steve Vaine aka Numbs as we know him at AFS ?

Jeez Harve, you still keeping your licence going? Good man!

blue estate:
HRS , do you know my company’s fitter Steve Vaine aka Numbs as we know him at AFS ?

Hello Blue estate, I will need a little more info’ the name does not ring any bells. Harvey

gazzer:
Jeez Harve, you still keeping your licence going? Good man!

Well Gary, The question arrises. is it worth it,
£ 300 each year for my HGV medical, St Johns ambulance chaps charge me £100 day to follow me, the 19 year old blond sat behind me to give me directions turns out to be “Gay” now this Bl**DY Tiger nodding his head about all day, thinking of cancelling my standing order with Police Scotland and staying at home but Mary tells me a devorce is expensive these days, what do I do ■■?
Glad you are well mate, take care all. Harvey

HRS:

blue estate:

Hello Blue estate, I will need a little more info’ the name does not ring any bells. Harvey

I know he started at school lane early 90s he used to have a Astra Gte that got nicked one day out the car park
He comes from romsey about 5ft 8 slim build
Has had a few bike crashes when working at hednys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I miss spelt his surname Vane

Badger:
Harvey
No but you need to up your dosage??
regards
Jeremy

Thanks Badger, I like that,
Unfortunatley if I do, then the nurses wont let me use my electric wheel chair at play time.
nice thought though mate, thanks.
Harvey

Harvey if we cut you in half how many rings would we count then, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Harvey if we cut you in half how many rings would we count then, Buzzer.

nearly 12 mate, I started again at 60. harvey

blue estate:
And I miss spelt his surname Vane

Hello Blue estate,
Sorry to take so long getting back.
The name and details ring no bells with me, as I spent little time in the office, which was over the road in the big glass showroom.
I was with them from about 1996 to 2002, cheers, Harvey

R.Blackman & Sons from Alton . Clipping from 1976 commercial motor.

Click on twice to read.

ad cm blackmans marathon  19761.jpg

Gazzer a true Mary Hopkins moment for you this morning found on FB where, when who was with you a ASR motor I presume, Cheers Buzzer.

I saw it as well on the FB forum John.

Me and Dave O’Shea RIP on Mont Cenis opposite Victors in August I think 1982. Both with “Jimmy” empty fridges, going for peaches.

PAA 710P was “Polly’s” on ASR, then it went to me via Bob Edwards, prior to me getting “The Joker”. Prince’s sold the 89 to DO’S.

My original photo is in colour about 300 pages ago.

For those with a hankering of nostalgia; this is the nearest you will get to Frizzante. TESCO are flogging it off at £1.50 a half litre bottle. It’s not Italian but it sure tastes the same. Just buy one bottle and remember the great days of the '80’s!

Morning Gazzer just another one of your famous truck on Mont Cenis I believe, what a wonderful place that was, Buzzer.