License turn around times?

I have my cat c training next week and am looking at getting my cat c+e as quickly as possible. Could anyone give me an idea on time taken for me to recive my license back providing i pass next week. Ive heard theyre are back logs at the dvla as i know it normally takes a week but not sure if its longer due to the back log.

The backlogs seem to be affecting new applications more than post test issues. So, with a bit of luck, you should receive your licence within a couple of weeks. Make sure the examiner deals with it; that is quicker apparently.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If you let the examiner keep it and send it off, it comes back pretty quick, mine was week or two I think. I think these ones are fast tracked somehow. Plus you get to keep your pass certificate that way.

Best of luck with your training.

Thanks for that. I cant let the examiner deal with that as i have the mod 4 cpc the following monday. So i guess i will just have to wait and see what happens.

halfers:
Thanks for that. I cant let the examiner deal with that as i have the mod 4 cpc the following monday. So i guess i will just have to wait and see what happens.

San both parts of licence and the pass cert before sending

you will not get pass cert back but can do yourself a colour copy from the scan you took

Dvla seem to be taking there time at the moment never normally much more than a week to send and get back but still havent recieved license back but have recieved my dcps card? Is this normal to recieve it beire theyve even issued my cat c on my license.

Not unusual, mine took two weeks to come back.

3 weeks ago monday they had it and still havent issued it ! Call me impatient but i just want to get on with my c+e!

I passed my test on 13/08/14 the examiner kept my licence and i received a new one in the post yesterday 21/08/14. So a 8 day turnaround.

Unfortunately i had to keep mine After i passed as i had to do my mod 4. I will phone up and see whats going on. As i said before they are normally pretty good with turn around times

I just spoke to dvla if anyone else is waiting for theres to come back they have said there is a back log and to expect an extra 1-2 weeks on top of there 3 week turn around

Recently received my Class 2 then Class1 licence & both received after 9 days (via being posted by examiner).

Mark500:
Recently received my Class 2 then Class1 licence & both received after 9 days (via being posted by examiner).

i guess when the examiners send them they must get fast tracked some how.

halfers:

Mark500:

I sent mine myself after I did my cpc and was back in 8 days. Then cpc card 5 days after that. They must have there arses in gear.

Lsands:

halfers:

Mark500:

I sent mine myself after I did my cpc and was back in 8 days. Then cpc card 5 days after that. They must have there arses in gear.

I have no idea then … I have my cpc card but they havent issued my license yet

Been waiting 4 weeks now for my provisional. Think I am going to ring them tomorrow. Sick of waiting now. How long did you have to wait?

CMB82:
Been waiting 4 weeks now for my provisional. Think I am going to ring them tomorrow. Sick of waiting now. How long did you have to wait?

My provisional took a couple months to come theough as i had to go for a meeting with the traffic commisioner due to a previous disqualification. Since passing my cat c it has been about 3 and a half weeks and still no sign of it.

When you ring the dvla they cant really tell you much apart from theyve recieved it and are processing it, they camt tell you how much longer it will be.

Hi all.

Since passing my cat c it has been about 3 weeks and still no sign of my license. Sick of waiting for it.

Markk80:
Hi all.

Since passing my cat c it has been about 3 weeks and still no sign of my license. Sick of waiting for it.

Im sick of waitig for it i just want to start my c+e ! As soon as its issued i will be out on the L plates getting some real driving experience in.

I don’t understand why there isn’t an option for C E on the form as a second option … Applying for both at the Same time. Saving governmental funds, paper, time, plastic, stamp, fossil fuel etc…