Newly passed cat c people, Question help

Hi

I recently passed the cat c and all the various theory’s and cpc, but my c+e is due to start on the 7 th dec having passed cat c on the 12 of November. So my question is has anyone been in this position where your waiting for your license to come back from the dvla ? if so how long did it take ? I know they say up-to 3 weeks but its getting a bit close, i have spoke to them but all they have to say is its being processed blah blah we can not say anymore… Hoping and praying mine is back in time :cry:

Thanks in advanced

Steve

Just keep checking online to see if the entitlement has gone on and your licence should be with u 2 days after that I rang them after 2 weeks and it was on the next day just them back up tomoz and say your starting a job on wens and need your licence back

Mine took 17 days to come back from the DVLA from date of passing. DQC card came back 14 days after passing. Passed both the CPC and Cat C test same day.

My advice would be to keep checking your licence via gov.uk and once the entitlement shows on there it should only be a few days after for the card to come.

Thanks guys ! Yeah I’ve been checking on-line my pass cert is showing on-line but the women at dvla said that the gov website is 24hrs behind so to ring them. I have tried to tell them that i need it for my c+e but just give you the same 3 weeks crap :unamused: I already got my cpc card a digi card that came last week so can not knock that but my trainer will have to cancel my training which i don’t want as he has nothing till way after Christmas :cry:

When did it show online mate

Last monday it showed up as pass certificate unclaimed on the 12th november thats when i rang them.

Never heard of it showing as that before? Did you give the examiner your licence to send off?

No nick as my cpc was the next morning (friday) so sent it all of friday and tracked and it was received saturday at dvla. Do you think this has something to do why it’s taking longer ? My examiner said it wouldn’t effect it and said it happens all the time. Sam did yours show as this ?

Which Saturday did they receive it, the Saturday before this one, or Yesterday.

It will have shown as unclaimed pass I assume as you still had your licence so they couldn’t issue a new one, but it shouldn’t take more than a few days after receiving the old one and the pass certificate to process. In any case I’m sure it will be back in time

NickW88:
Which Saturday did they receive it, the Saturday before this one, or Yesterday.

13th November Nick so yeah they have had a couple of weeks to sort it. I sent my license and pass certificate and d2 form all together so i should of been plain sailing

Nothing’s plain sailing with the DVLA unless they are cashing a check! Lol
I’d give them a call everyday until they move you up the priority list. Just pester them

Yeah will be hassling them from opening time tomorrow till i get somewhere :smiley: Thanks nick

I let my examiner send mine off and when the entitlement showed online I recived the new licence in 2 days