New Licence Return / DQC after Pass

Hi All,

Passed my Mod 4 before passing the Mod 3 driving test on Saturday so all passed and good.

I’ve got work lined up but cannot start before I receive my DQC and New Licence back. I’m hoping, probably naively that these will both be back to me next week so I can start the wheels turning!

My question is do the 2 cards come back at the same time or can I expect a delay in getting one then the other? Rapidly losing patience and just want to get out and working!

Is there anyone who has been in the same boat recently that can let me know how long they were waiting for?

Cheers!

An enlightened employer wouldn’t delay your start. You have proof that you’ve passed and that’s all you need. Sadly, many don’t seem to understand that and insist on seeing the cards.

Would be most surprised if you’re waiting more than a few more days. Hang loose - eat cake!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The few employers I have things possibly lined up with won’t pass judgment on me until they have actually seen the cards, and the agency I spoke to want to see them also, not just for their benefit but as their clients will want to see it every time.

Need to get some money so I can look to book C+E !

But that’s what I mean - - they don’t actually need to see the cards. You have evidence of passing and that’s good enough for police/VOSA so where’s their problem? They can check your driver record online so there’s no mystery.

Exactly, I keep protesting this point but no one seems to care. As one bloke said to me, no cards, no keys! Haha

Just so grateful you got me the retest when you did otherwise it’dve been easily after Xmas before I got the cards back. Think I must be checking my driving record online about 20 times a day!

Tomorrow is another day!

It took 1 week for digi card 2 week for licence and 3 weeks for dqc which I thought was a long time but others probably came faster

I passed my Dcpc on a Friday and card came following Tuesday

Its an odd system really, as I believe until the DVLA add the full Category C to my licence the DVSA will not issue the DQC. I just find the time taken to be frustratingly slow in this day and age. In my opinion it would be far better for the DVSA examiner to electronically inform the DVLA that the licence needs to be issued. Surely then it would be a next working day thing then

NickW88:
Its an odd system really, as I believe until the DVLA add the full Category C to my licence the DVSA will not issue the DQC. I just find the time taken to be frustratingly slow in this day and age. In my opinion it would be far better for the DVSA examiner to electronically inform the DVLA that the licence needs to be issued. Surely then it would be a next working day thing then

Talk about that my driving examiner was saying a new system is getting trialled next year which is where DVSA and DVLA will be updating records more automatically which then issue licences quicker and faster. It be one they cuts to goverment costs as I led to believe there teams of office staff doing this currently.

Hi nick has your licence status online changed yet mine still bloody hasn’t

No, bloody hasn’t haha no idea what’s taking them so dam long, but on the bright side I may have a job I can start without them coming back first!

Are good for you bud mine really needs to come this week I’ve only got till Friday so I can do the mod 4 test on 18th or they have to give my spot to some one else

I still don’t see why they can’t do the Mod 4 from your Cat C pass, but then again I suppose that they want photo ID. It’s annoying either way. I was lucky in a way that I ended up having to do mod 4 before my test due to me failing like a putz haha

Don’t no why can’t us tac card for mod 4 test cause its nearly the same as driving licence but u can use the tac card for I’d for the cpc pireodic training so should be the same for mod 4