Keeping bunk clean in a tipper?

Hi people. I’ve started doing the odd night out here and there and I drive an artic tipper and I can deal with the dust over the rest of the cab but starting to do my head in with dust all over my bedding and shaking it out the door every time I do a night out. Does any other tipper drivers have any advice for keeping bedding and bunk itself dust free? Thanks in advance.

Baldy91:
Hi people. I’ve started doing the odd night out here and there and I drive an artic tipper and I can deal with the dust over the rest of the cab but starting to do my head in with dust all over my bedding and shaking it out the door every time I do a night out. Does any other tipper drivers have any advice for keeping bedding and bunk itself dust free? Thanks in advance.

Have you got curtains behind your seats, seperating the sleeper from the driving area, if not fit them and keep them closed. :bulb:
I don’t drive a tipper, but I do that anyway.

I have thought about that but it’s quite expensive to buy them as I don’t have them already fitted.

I have the same kind of problem but it don’t go over my bed just the dashboard but I wipe it down every night with a microfibre cloth and to reduce the amount of ■■■■ going in the cab is by not leaving the windows down or door open when loading/unloading but if your already doing that I suggest just get a bed sheet and put it over your bed and at night time just take it off and sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy91:
I have thought about that but it’s quite expensive to buy them as I don’t have them already fitted.

Only if you buy them new.
What kind of truck is it?
Get some ex.works used ones from a breakers yard, with a rail if you need one, or get your Mrs to knock a set up for you.

Keeping the footwell clean is key, you can clean the dash etc all you want but if the floor’s dirty then it will whip up everytime you open the door.
Please note although I’m a tipper driver I’m not qualified to offer cleaning advice, as my cab will testify.

Just get a separate sheet to cover your bunk with when not in use, something like a king size bed sheet or decorators dust sheet and take it off when you need the bunk.