Sleeping in the truck tips

Morning everyone,

Hope you are all well.

This is my first post on here. Simply I would like to know some helpful tips for sleeping in the truck at night, meaning what should I take with me and any other essentials.

To be more specific, I’m about to startt new job as a tipper/transportation driver. I have been driving for about 5 months prior to this, however this will be the first time I will potentially be sleeping in the cab at night.

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback.

Cheers

I wouldn’t worry about it mate if you’re a ‘‘tipper/transportation driver’’ :neutral_face: you won’t have the time or be allowed to sleep. :smiley:

Use the search facility, there are numerous threads on this. :bulb:

I would refuse to sleep in it if it was a tip to be honest…

Crossy86:
Morning everyone,

Hope you are all well.

This is my first post on here. Simply I would like to know some helpful tips for sleeping in the truck at night, meaning what should I take with me and any other essentials.

To be more specific, I’m about to startt new job as a tipper/transportation driver. I have been driving for about 5 months prior to this, however this will be the first time I will potentially be sleeping in the cab at night.

Cheers .

Well I suppose it depends upon what you want to do/allowed to do?

In essence think camping, think sanitation, think keeping warm/healthy, think food. Once you suss out where you plan to kip i.e rockaby layby, secluded lane, msa/truck stop, customer premises - the rest becomes a bit easier to plan.

As has been suggested there are a few threads on this subject. I would suppose the two biggest questions really are do you plan to wash (no seriously some cabs I’ve got into I wander whether I had just taken over from a tramp) in which case access to a shower/loo will be important and the second major issue is grub. If your cooking yourself then you’ll need to get kitted out. See the many threads on this subject. Otherwise you need to park close by facilities.

Its all a bit obvious really but if you think logically what you need overnight and write it down you shouldn’t forget too much.

In terms of extras I always carry bin bags for rubbish, kitchen roll, loo roll and amongst odd things an over the door hanger. How many bogs have either no hook, or some berk has nicked it…

Work out a plan what you do at home then transpose that to a camping out scenario.

If/when you ever reach the point where you’re too knackered to leave the driving seat for the bunk and don’t remember where you are or how you got parked when you wake up over the wheel you’ll realise that you need nothing with you at all other than what you are standing up with to sleep in a truck. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

MMM ideas for sleeping in a truck…

Similar to home really, set alarm, undress, get into bed, close eyes and zzzzz

Same for the morning just in reverse

Hope this helps

[emoji16][emoji16] sorry i couldn’t think of anything more useful that hasn’t already been said on other threads…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

just imagine your going on an overnight camping trip with a couple of boy scouts and take that…then leave the chloroform,condoms and lube at home.
after a few weeks,repack them . :wink:

dieseldog999:
just imagine your going on an overnight camping trip with a couple of boy scouts and take that…then leave the chloroform,condoms and lube at home.
after a few weeks,repack them . :wink:

Lol, the joys of camping

Take absolutely nothing with you. Come the end of the week and you should have a fair idea of what you’ll need.

Sand Fisher:

Crossy86:
Morning everyone,

Hope you are all well.

Cheers .

Well I suppose it depends upon what you want to do/allowed to do?

In essence think camping, think sanitation, think keeping warm/healthy, think food. Once you suss out where you plan to kip i.e rockaby layby, secluded lane, msa/truck stop, customer premises - the rest becomes a bit easier to plan.

As has been suggested there are a few threads on this subject. I would suppose the two biggest questions really are do you plan to wash (no seriously some cabs I’ve got into I wander whether I had just taken over from a tramp) in which case access to a shower/loo will be important and the second major issue is grub. If your cooking yourself then you’ll need to get kitted out. See the many threads on this subject. Otherwise you need to park close by facilities.

Its all a bit obvious really but if you think logically what you need overnight and write it down you shouldn’t forget too much.

In terms of extras I always carry bin bags for rubbish, kitchen roll, loo roll and amongst odd things an over the door hanger. How many bogs have either no hook, or some berk has nicked it…

Work out a plan what you do at home then transpose that to a camping out scenario.

Thanks for the comments, this is really helpful, gives me more of an understanding

i did not realise take that went away with the boy scouts, mmm

the maoster:
Take absolutely nothing with you. Come the end of the week and you should have a fair idea of what you’ll need.

You mean the dozy way, ginsters and fizzy pop from the garage, just before you shut the curtains, in a layby, because “that ffeffing planner screwed me again”. We no he’s doing your wife, after eating steak on Fridays :smiley: