Do you use your bunk

In a unit today and I was wanting to get some z z but for a unit that was 2 years old the mattress looked so filthy that I did not have the gall to rest my head on so what condition is yours

Spotless, i rested on it once for about 2 hours but can’t remember why, at 18 months old its as new.

Mixture of hotels and cab, depends on the circumstances, but the mattress covers on the FH come off so can be washed.

Some of the dustbins I drive, I wouldnt even put my jacket down without a bin liner to seperate em. Id probably be cosier catching 40 winks in the gutter! Sod it - Im off for another shower! :slight_smile:

my nights out are spent in a premier inn :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Previous wagon I had on tramping was '60 plate … bunk was “well used” … quick nip to Morrisons ( other supermarkets are available ) … got myself a couple of single bed fitted sheets ( with the elasticated corners ) … not a perfect fit ( even on XF105 ) … but did the job. Also there are those “padded” mattress protectors you can get … these are a bit thicker to keep you away from previous occupants “stains” :unamused:
It is not about protecting the mattress … more about protecting YOU :laughing: :laughing:
I did complain to transport office about the state of the cab … you can guess their interest ( or lack of ) :unamused: :unamused:

I wonder what the bunks are like compared to some of the drivers you have to stand next to in the shuttle bus at the channel tunnel. glad I don’t drive the bus

It’s the stains on them that I worry about tea coffee urine or feaces

My coat and bag go on it never been slept in and its an 05 plate.

■■■■■■00:
It’s the stains on them that I worry about tea coffee urine or ■■■

If i had a sly ■■■■ on my bunk then i too would be worried about others doing the same. Its not something i’ve done so i’ve never put that one into the equasion. But i do know from home that my pillows are a disgrace. My missus calls me vinegar head, no idea why they’re so bad. Maybe i sweat a lot? :smiley: Covers look ok but that actuall pillow is bad. We have to change them often. Anyway, that said i have a mattress protector from Volvo, i assume others do similar ones, and i just roll that over any unfamiliar bunk i’m on. I do still look at my pillows though and think WTF ?!! :smiley:

Mike-C:
My missus calls me vinegar head

:laughing: :laughing: pms!

My bunk has never been overnighted on by anyone, but it gets plenty of use by me during the day. :sunglasses:

Yep, use mine once or twice a week.
I’ve pulled the top mattress down, so it’s doubled up then I roll out a mattress protector with a fitted sheet connected & a double quilt, I cover the whole lot with an old sleeping bag during the day & because I know the Trunkey Monkeys use it at night, sometimes :frowning:
The quilt cover, sheet & pillows get washed about every 3 to 4 weeks (depends how many nights out I do)
I don’t think anyone else has nighted out in it yet, so it’s still fairly much my own (apart from the occasional Night Monkey)

■■■■■■00:

what about Harold? :sunglasses:

■■■■■■00:

I’m more worried by “DNA (other)” :open_mouth:

The ones listed at the top are all visible to the naked eye after all… :stuck_out_tongue:

brand new as it got replaced under waranty by daf, less than 2 yrs old and it had all sagged in the middle! and no it aint cos im a fat ■■■■ lol

largebloke1969:
brand new as it got replaced under waranty by daf, less than 2 yrs old and it had all sagged in the middle! and no it aint cos im a fat [zb] lol

You sound like a bloke I used to work with. He must have been over 30 stone. He had to get a new drivers seat for his car after the original couldn’t take it anymore. Design fault apparently. Common problem for that model he said.

Contraflow:

largebloke1969:
brand new as it got replaced under waranty by daf, less than 2 yrs old and it had all sagged in the middle! and no it aint cos im a fat [zb] lol

You sound like a bloke I used to work with. He must have been over 30 stone. He had to get a new drivers seat for his car after the original couldn’t take it anymore. Design fault apparently. Common problem for that model he said.

Apparently denial isn’t just an African river!

Contraflow:

largebloke1969:

thanks for the compliment :open_mouth: actually a few have been replaced , funny how the 59 plate i had the bed was perfect when it went back after 3 yrs and im the same weight hth