J&R Adams Newcastle

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence I notice many of Adam’s motors in white with red spots,were these motors second hand from another operator or was seen by Adam’s as a more modern livery ?.

Stillgame:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence I notice many of Adam’s motors in white with red spots,were these motors second hand from another operator or was seen by Adam’s as a more modern livery ?.

Hi “Stillgame”, These white motors were all second hand, Ex Lease or ■■■■■■ back stuff, This is the reason that they dont have the Adams livery, They have just taken delivery of four new MANs all in the Usual Adams great livery, Adams had this livery in the 50s when I first got to know them, A local signwriter The late Duncan Stanners did them in those days, But now its a great lad who has done Adams stuff for a long time, Micheal Gray, He one of the best I have ever known, Regards Larry.

Larry Sent you a PM

Very sad news, Jimmy Adams has passed away, He was the founders son of the man Jakey Adams a well know local transport Co who had a depot behind the Blacks Regal on Shields Rd, He then moved into Fisher Street at Wallsend with a brand new Worksop & Warehousing facilty, They then moved to Swallwell where they are still operating from a well set up bit of gear, R I P Jimmy, Regards Larry & Nigel Dunbar.

Strensham Services M5 a while back, all credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

oiltreader:
Strensham Services M5 a while back, all credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

Hi Oily, Thanks for posting this ERF, Adams had 10 of them, My son Nigel drove one after it was taken off long haul work, He just does local stuff, But he reckoned the one he had was good for the job,Take care & stay safe, Regards Larry.

Well its been a very sad day today, The Great Jimmy Adams Was laid to rest , His Family gave him the best send off one could wish for, I watched Alongside With Geordie Forster Jimmys Cortauge leaving his lovely home, He will be very sadley missed by all his close ones .& his Neibourghs, R I P Jimmy, Larry ,Nigel & Family.

Well its been a very sad day today, The Great Jimmy Adams Was laid to rest , His Family gave him the best send off one could wish for, I watched Alongside With Geordie Forster Jimmys Cortauge leaving his lovely home, He will be very sadley missed by all his close ones .& his Neibourghs, R I P Jimmy, Larry ,Nigel & Family.