J j adams haulage

DO YOU REMEMBER THIS COMPANY FROM SUSSEX LEFT US AROUND 1993

Hello mate, yep I knew JJ’s well, I drove for Dobbs of Eastbourne for 6 or 7 years from 1985, then Radcliffes for the same. I even was in the same year at school as Chris Adam, Jules Adam’s son. Do you remember their yard in Swingate Hellingly? Blimey this is my first post and I’m already getting nostalgic!! :smiley:

yes i remeber there yard there i knew a guy call dave coppenhall who drove for jj adams i used to work for Tomsetts

I think I remember Dave, did he have lots of tattoos, short (crewcut) gingery hair, lived in Newhaven and did relief aid runs to Albania? If that is him then yes, I sometimes used to ship back from Oostende on the Prins Filip (I think?) and he would be on his way home from Holland/Germany. Blimey that was about fifteen years ago! Are you still driving ?

Regards,

Mark.

yes that is the guy very sadly dave was killed 2 years ago in a bike accindent just out side newhaven

i work for Specialized Driving Force as operations manager but some times take out our tractor unit a Mercedes 2546 MSC 6x2

Blimey, what a shame. Very sad to hear that about Dave.

Nice to hear you’e still in road transport, I’m driving trains now, but miss the distance work alot. I did it for 16 years before joining the railway, (8 years). A couple of ex HGV’s on here, non done distance stuff though, no-one can understand what the job was about and I know they don’t believe some of the stories!! I did a bit of driving for a freind who pulled a trailer for Mayhew chickens a few years back on my days off, he had a Magnum, but alas he chucked it in, same old story, rubbish rates. Ho hum!

Did you ever do Yugoslavia with Tomsetts? Some lighting stuff? I seem to remember them going over there years ago, I think Brian Coleman was one of them, although before my time!

yes brian wortked there before my time but no i did uk work only

brookie:
Do you remember their yard in Swingate Hellingly? Blimey this is my first post and I’m already getting nostalgic!! :smiley:

That brings back memories worked for them for more years than I want to remember out of Hellingly and Polegate,