old photos
After all that time i went to the Hlebec for a drop of wine

old photos

old photos

old photos

old photos

jastrebsi59:
old photos

Some cracking shots,I fancy the Trader 6 wheeler would suit me,great motors!! Some of those rate schedules are very decent,was there a lot of traffic to be had from the various customers? To-days rates will probably be a lump less than most of those I would guess !! Cheers Bewick.

Yes they kept us busy apart from the fruit which was seasonal we did a lot of market work from the farms with fresh produce Bairds was always busy did a lot of sack work out of there,we ran 27 motors mixed fleet plus we subbed a lot of work plus owner drivers, we used to earn good money somewhere i have some lorry earnings i will try and find them, drove a 6 wheel Trader for Smiles prefered it to the dodge i had after it

jastrebsi59:
Yes they kept us busy apart from the fruit which was seasonal we did a lot of market work from the farms with fresh produce Bairds was always busy did a lot of sack work out of there, we used to earn good momey somewhere i have some lorry earnings i will try and find them, drove a 6 wheel Trader for Smiles prefered it to the dodge i had after it

Where’s Larry when you need his input? Cheers Dennis.

Time for the Hlebec for a drop of the old Vino hard work all this downloading

jastrebsi59:
Time for the Hlebec for a drop of the old Vino hard work all this downloading

Bit early to get “■■■■■■■ isn’t it ? Cheers Dennis.

Old photo
L/R The late Jack Russell snr driver
The late Vic Bradley Shunter
Ian /Bones) Claydon Office ?
Brian Hyams Driver ?

Depot and fleet running costs Sometime in the 70s
My Job description

Come on Colin post some of them Wilkies you must have a lot
Cheers allan

did j a wilkinson have 3 brothers :question:

There was two brothers Jim and Jack

photos

jastrebsi59:
4Old photo
L/R The late Jack Russell snr driver
The late Vic Bradley Shunter
Ian /Bones) Claydon Office ?
Brian Hyams Driver ?

Depot and fleet running costs Sometime in the 70s
My Job description

I noticed that the fuel costs were running at about 20% of t/o which was identical to ours at the time,drivers wages and expenses looked a little higher than ours but not a mile away! All in all it looks a nice little operation Allan,to-days operators would give their right arms for similar costings and a margin like that just goes to prove how far the transport industry has sunk since that time !!! Cheers Dennis.

You are right there Dennis my Boss was on the ball as i had to be at the end of the month he wanted lorry earnings fuel costs workshop repairs tyres within 2 days but i also told him roughly each week how the earnings where going and it was all done with pen and paper i must confess i would take them home and my late wife would help me she was very good at figures she spent a lot of years settling horse racing bets

No i like to go about 5 then home and cook the supper unless i get involved but got busy day tomorrow going to the girlfriend hous to do some work on her garden house so i was a good boy tonight only 4 glasses of red wine

photos

That was a laugh when we where busy it was 7 days plus about 15 hours a day plus calls during the night with problems hey ho happy days