J&R Adams Newcastle

037.JPG

J.R.Adams Swalwell 001.JPG

J.R.Adams Swalwell 019.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar,
Good evening Larry,
Thanks for the latest photos , that must be one of the smartest liveries out there . I used to see their ERFs back in the mid 90s when loading zinc out of Brittania Zinc in Avonmouth and always thought how smart they looked. Do you know where they delivered the zinc or would there have been a few different places ?
Regards, Allan

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar,
Good evening Larry,
Thanks for the latest photos , that must be one of the smartest liveries out there . I used to see their ERFs back in the mid 90s when loading zinc out of Brittania Zinc in Avonmouth and always thought how smart they looked. Do you know where they delivered the zinc or would there have been a few different places ?
Regards, Allan

IIRC, They used to deliver a lot of it to Lion Weld Middlesbrough, Thats when I used to back load from Adams in the mid 90s, When tipping at Purlton with reels of paper from Blyth Docks, Adams were allways good for a back load, Plus they allways paid decent rates, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Morning Lawrence hope you are well. Appreciate it was some years ago but do,you know if that Road train had the ■■■■■■■ / Spicer combination?

Tyneside

tyneside:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Morning Lawrence hope you are well. Appreciate it was some years ago but do,you know if that Road train had the ■■■■■■■ / Spicer combination?

Tyneside

Hi Tyneside, Yes all of the Adams RTS Had the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ gear, As for myself we had The Rolls 300 T. With the Fuller RR 9 Speed box which IMO was the better set up, But there again Adams ran these for years so they must have been happy with there performance, Take care & stay safe, Regards Larry.

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG