J&R Adams Newcastle

shugg:

Joycey85:
Loading coil out of Birmingham

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats a copy book shot of roping and sheeting carried out by a real professional , well done driver !!!.

Thanks shugg appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

More photos shortley.

90 ft long , Regards Larry.

One of two new MAN,s Waiting to be signwritten, Regards Larry. (Richies photo).

Keep the photographs and information flowing Mr Dunbar on what must rate as one of this country’s real !!! hauliers , is the purchase of Volvo’s a good move for Adam’s ■■?.

shugg:
Keep the photographs and information flowing Mr Dunbar on what must rate as one of this country’s real !!! hauliers , is the purchase of Volvo’s a good move for Adam’s ■■?.

That last Volvo they had before these two new Units was in 1976 a P reg, All I can say is that James Adams is a good judge of motors, Perhaps he is just trying and comparing them, Regards Larry.

This was the last 8 wheeler to be in the Adams Fleet, The 6 wheelers running at 24 TGW Replaced them in 1964 B reg,s Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
This was the last 8 wheeler to be in the Adams Fleet, The 6 wheelers running at 24 TGW Replaced them in 1964 B reg,s Regards Larry.0

Now then Larry can we do some date reckoning here as IIRC the AEC Marshal 6 wheeler was only rated at 22ton GVW in the late 60’s early 70’s, I will own up to not recalling as to when 6 wheelers went to 24 ton GVW but it sure wasn’t in 1964 ! Howay noo! lets have the answer ? Hope you have had a great day, we have, belting weather 'ower this side ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
This was the last 8 wheeler to be in the Adams Fleet, The 6 wheelers running at 24 TGW Replaced them in 1964 B reg,s Regards Larry.0

Now then Larry can we do some date reckoning here as IIRC the AEC Marshal 6 wheeler was only rated at 22ton GVW in the late 60’s early 70’s, I will own up to not recalling as to when 6 wheelers went to 24 ton GVW but it sure wasn’t in 1964 ! Howay noo! lets have the answer ? Hope you have had a great day, we have, belting weather 'ower this side ! Cheers Dennis.

I stand corrected there Dennis, But running at 22 TGW They were carrying the same payload as the old 8 leggers & cheaper road tax of course, IIC The 24 TGW Came about when the Ergo cabbed ones came onto the scene, Ive had a good day cut the lawns & had a few drams, With my good Ladys approval of course, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

I stand corrected there Dennis, But running at 22 TGW They were carrying the same payload as the old 8 leggers & cheaper road tax of course, IIC The 24 TGW Came about when the Ergo cabbed ones came onto the scene, Ive had a good day cut the lawns & had a few drams, With my good Ladys approval of course, Regards Larry.

Well Larry the Ergos on the “E” reg 66/67 were still running at 22ton but as you say they could load 15 ton payload the same as an 8 wheeler. A firm near me in Milnthorpe K. Fell & Co. ran some out of Libby’s, they were single drives and had the 505 engine. Didn’t AEC’s bring out a Mammoth Minor using the 505 engine at 24 ton GVW. Cheers Dennis.

Courtesy of Richard Says.
Oily

NE Richard 40980039540_b448a6e31e_rs k.jpg

NE Richard 37528474131_fce7105759_k rs .jpg

NE Richard 36709205320_b7d3a25f5e_k rs .jpg

NE Richard 35497730204_6f9f536d73_k rs .jpg

NE Richard 35232203013_f1fe554981_k rs .jpg

NE Richard 33869930596_e7c54d84f6_rs k.jpg

Hi Oily, Great shots of J R Adams wagons As you know my son Nigel drives for them, Keep them rolling please ,Regards Larry.