In cab cooking.....

switchlogic:
Kitchen wet wipes

I manage quite nicely with baby wipes and kitchen roll. Can’t beat cab cooking.

biggriffin:
I find not cooking in the cab, is the easiest way to avoid washing up, plenty of decent eatries, on the road. Use em or lose em.

If only that were true

switchlogic:

biggriffin:
I find not cooking in the cab, is the easiest way to avoid washing up, plenty of decent eatries, on the road. Use em or lose em.

If only that were true

Oh but it is Luke. Unfortunately it usually involves ignoring the strident sat nav voice and actually turning off the blue roads!

the maoster:

switchlogic:

biggriffin:

If only that were true

Oh but it is Luke. Unfortunately it usually involves ignoring the strident sat nav voice and actually turning off the blue roads!

Fancy that, and they all have truck parking? What’s decent? As I wouldn’t be giving up cab cooking to eat in a Weatherspoons or the like quite frankly

No, you’re quite right of course, there’s absolutely nothing out there to provide reasonably priced freshly cooked food that caters for lorry drivers. A little tip if I may though; try looking out of the side windows instead of just the big one in front of you whilst you wend your way around the country, you may just be pleasantly surprised.

I don’t have any axe to grind with you Luke, or indeed any others who like to cook in their cabs, but I will say that restricting yourself to only one way of doing things is a tad shortsighted to say the least.

The complete lack of decent services to cater to lorry drivers in the UK has completely passed you by then? It’s quite a big issue, covered on this forum fairly frequently. I don’t restrict myself to one way of doing things, if I’m near a decent eaterie I’ll sometimes use it, had a lovely roast in Gloucester Services the other day. Bit pot calling the kettle black considering you won’t cook in cab, thereby restricting yourself to doing something only one way :wink:

I won’t cook at home either, any more than I won’t paint my house, service my car or install an alarm system. There are people paid to do that so who am I to deny them a living?

I’m perfectly aware of the lack of services for lorry drivers thank you. Have you ever wondered why that is? Cab rats being the chief architect of their downfall I’d imagine.

I can only imagine the size I would get to if I didn’t cook myself. I like to eat healthy and keep my waist line as normal as possible. From all the eatery and other drivers I have seen, its enough to keep me cab cooking.

the maoster:
I won’t cook at home either, any more than I won’t paint my house, service my car or install an alarm system. There are people paid to do that so who am I to deny them a living?

I’m perfectly aware of the lack of services for lorry drivers thank you. Have you ever wondered why that is? Cab rats being the chief architect of their downfall I’d imagine.

Have you always been that lazy or is it an age thing? Maybe your diet is causing your lethargy :wink:

Funny that you mention diet Luke, that was the very word that sprung to mind when I watched your Scania video! :wink:

I’ve been to a lot of places that get described as ‘great’ by drivers only to find that the food is a plate of beige fried stuff with chips or a selection of a few pages of the Bidvest catalogue. With chips.

Much better to have literally anything I want, cooked by me, at a fraction of the cost.

A.

Adonis.:
I’ve been to a lot of places that get described as ‘great’ by drivers only to find that the food is a plate of beige fried stuff with chips or a selection of a few pages of the Bidvest catalogue. With chips.

Much better to have literally anything I want, cooked by me, at a fraction of the cost.

A.

Exactly the same. If you’re even half good at cooking you can produce meals much much better than the average you’ll find out and about.

the maoster:
Funny that you mention diet Luke, that was the very word that sprung to mind when I watched your Scania video! :wink:

Pacquiao - Marquez Fight 4_2.jpg

I see another thread has wandered off track… :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

the maoster:

You’ve a very low bar for knockout blows :smiley:

Ah c’mon Luke, you got to admit, it was funny. :smiley:

There is of course another consideration of time. I can make a bacon & egg sandwich a coffee and have eaten it well within the time it takes to actually get served in your average truck stop. In an evening I have all the time in the world to knock up a culinary delight of anything I fancy.

UKtramp:
There is of course another consideration of time. I can make a bacon & egg sandwich a coffee and have eaten it well within the time it takes to actually get served in your average truck stop. In an evening I have all the time in the world to knock up a culinary delight of anything I fancy.

This too.

UKtramp:

You’ll also get good bacon that isn’t covered in suspicious white things and made of plastic and eggs that you can’t bounce a quid coin off of. :grimacing:

The biggest thing for me is imagination, especially after a big shift, sitting down working out what to make can be a pain. I usually plan my meals and make things like sauces, stews or lasagne at home that way I only need to make rice, pasta or salads in the truck.

That being said it isn’t hard to look up some one pan recipies or dinners with 3 or 4 ingredients and have 2 nights of dinners for a few quid.

Breakfast is a slow process for me, I’m not a morning person. :laughing: usually cereal but I’ve seen me with time to spare making scrambled eggs, just because frying can be a bit messy.

A.