In cab cooking

The outfit I’m languishing in have told me I’m not allowed to cook in the cab after,tiring of those flimsy camping jobs,I invested in a two hobber with hood and a small refiller butane bottle.■■■ me me the demons of hell descended on me,disciplinary etc etc.Obviously the windows are down when brewing up,nozzles firmly attached and the cooker bungeed to a camping table when in motion.As a tramper am I not allowed to rustle up some pasta,given we have no microwaves installed,or do they think msa fast sewage is appropriate for us lower life forms :open_mouth: ?
I wonder if I’d have a good case with yuman rights for not being able to enjoy healthy inexpensive nosh.Never had this issue before but the mob I’m stuck with are going full draconian.Bloody hell I was in a Byron burger joint recently,where I requested a sharper instrument to facilitate a more effective bisection of my provender.(steak knife)… “we’re not allowed…health n safety”…beam me up. :unamused:

If tramping do you not have your own truck and who is reporting you, should you not have your own knife as your tramping bring it with you when eating elsewhere though you might get done walking across the truck park for carrying a weapon but you would have a good excuse
Why would you let yourself be talked down to by your boss for feeding yourself healthy cooked food

Why not go down the microwave and inverter route?:
I used to have a gas stove years ago, but I simply could not be arsed these days, been there done that, too much ■■■■ ing about.
I still eat in the cab sometimes, although I prefer to eat out…(NOT msa.s,.or Burger King or such crap either) so I take home cooked ready meals with me and microwave them.
I bought a cheapo household microwave and a second hand big inverter off a guy off here (it’s still going strong Harry :smiley: ) so you don’t need to spend a fortune on getting kitted out.

I’d be looking for a new job personally!

switchlogic:

Sorry to mention the word ‘microwave’ to the Jamie Oliver of the trucking world. :blush: :smiley:
I’ll do 10 press ups and wash my mouth out mate. :laughing:

I think you should point out to your employer that as a truck driver your needs are no different to anybody else’s, and this includes the need to prepare a meal or boil water to make a cup of tea or coffee. Suggest as a compromise that he has the vehicle installed with a microwave oven at his expense and if he declines to do this then tell him that you will no longer be available to do nights out.

Bigtruck3:
If tramping do you not have your own truck and who is reporting you, should you not have your own knife as your tramping bring it with you when eating elsewhere though you might get done walking across the truck park for carrying a weapon but you would have a good excuse
Why would you let yourself be talked down to by your boss for feeding yourself healthy cooked food

Won’t be talked down to H,very much looking forward to discussing this with the corporate knobshiner compliance drone who’s dealing with it.Its a job ender for me but I’ve grown to despise the firm I’m with who aquired the firm I was with.

robroy:

switchlogic:

Sorry to mention the word ‘microwave’ to the Jamie Oliver of the trucking world. :blush: :smiley:
I’ll do 10 press ups and wash my mouth out mate. :laughing:

The crowd I’m with seem to think a microwave is some kind of manna from heaven.I don’t personally trust them and dont even have one at home,besides how the hell do you boil pasta,my main food staple,in a mw■■?

You boil it at home, Tupperware it and reheat it in the microwave. I love having a truck with a microwave! The possibilities of decent food are almost limitless!!!
Not trusting a microwave makes no sense! I think they’ve deleted the button that makes it beat you up now [emoji848]

manalishi:
The outfit I’m languishing in have told me I’m not allowed to cook in the cab after,tiring of those flimsy camping jobs,I invested in a two hobber with hood and a small refiller butane bottle.[zb] me me the demons of hell descended on me,disciplinary etc etc.Obviously the windows are down when brewing up,nozzles firmly attached and the cooker bungeed to a camping table when in motion.As a tramper am I not allowed to rustle up some pasta,given we have no microwaves installed,or do they think msa fast sewage is appropriate for us lower life forms :open_mouth: ?
I wonder if I’d have a good case with yuman rights for not being able to enjoy healthy inexpensive nosh.Never had this issue before but the mob I’m stuck with are going full draconian.Bloody hell I was in a Byron burger joint recently,where I requested a sharper instrument to facilitate a more effective bisection of my provender.(steak knife)… “we’re not allowed…health n safety”…beam me up. :unamused:

And, in other news, there is a shortage of truck drivers.

No one knows why…

nomiS36:
You boil it at home, Tupperware it and reheat it in the microwave. I love having a truck with a microwave! The possibilities of decent food are almost limitless!!!
Not trusting a microwave makes no sense! I think they’ve deleted the button that makes it beat you up now [emoji848]

Yep…that’s what I said, pre home cooked food.
I often re.heat spaghetti bolognese, carbonara or with pasta shells, not a problem.

Its easy to condemn those who don’t play ball with the modern tech conveniences theyre rolling out.I’ve done my homework and nuking food doesn’t sit well with me.Not a luddite reaction by the way,a theory based on much personal research.
The same applies to 5g phone tech…■■■■■■ satanic ramifications if you do some digging.I have and belong to a pressure group on the isle of wight fighting against this evil ■■■■.But hey…you can download a full film in seconds,so alls well right??

manalishi:
Its easy to condemn those who don’t play ball with the modern tech conveniences theyre rolling out.I’ve done my homework and nuking food doesn’t sit well with me.Not a luddite reaction by the way,a theory based on much personal research.
The same applies to 5g phone tech…[zb] satanic ramifications if you do some digging.I have and belong to a pressure group on the isle of wight fighting against this evil [zb].But hey…you can download a full film in seconds,so alls well right??

Don’t worry about it mate, I’ve heard that as long as you wear a tin foil hat, (and a hi viz for good measure), and chant ‘’ Hommmmmmm’’ while using it, you’ll be fine. :sunglasses:
:wink:

robroy:

manalishi:
The same applies to 5g phone tech…[zb] satanic ramifications if you do some digging.I have and belong to a pressure group on the isle of wight fighting against this evil [zb].But hey…you can download a full film in seconds,so alls well right??

Don’t worry about it mate, I’ve heard that as long as you wear a tin foil hat, (and a hi viz for good measure), and chant ‘’ Hommmmmmm’’ while using it, you’ll be fine. :sunglasses:

In the case of 5g tin foil wallpapers the way to go.

robroy:

manalishi:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
surely this years must have xmas in cab cooking accessory… :smiley:

microwave proof hat.jpg

Is that Chester on his 1990s phone grassing up some trucker to the law? :laughing:

Microwave for me £35 from Asda plugged into an inverter.
Some pretty good ready meals about, my favourite Marks and Sparks Italian. Three for £7 bargain.
Also got toaster and toasty maker.
Living the dream.
Still got the aerosol gas burner thing for bacon and egg sarnies.
If the boss said I can’t use in the cab I would say fine I’ll use it outside…
On top of the fuel tank. :smiley:

robroy:
Is that Chester on his 1990s phone grassing up some trucker to the law? :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
cant be,the dude in the pic ( dukes of hazzard) is old enough to have grown facial hair… :slight_smile:

There’s also the option of a slow cooker as well, pretty limitless on what can be cooked in them. Just stick it on a couple of hours before you park up and it’s ready.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Decided on a night in tonight, pub mixed grill last night, so microwave meal tonight.
Had a look in fridge, and decided on the wife’s home made Kung Po chicken with mixed veg boiled rice, washed down with an ice cold Becks. :sunglasses:
Still a bit peckish, so had a ratch around and discovered I had a Spotted ■■■■, so I put some cream on it…I took a pic if anybody’s interested.? :laughing: :laughing: