In cab cooking

robroy:
Decided on a night in tonight, pub mixed grill last night, so microwave meal tonight.
Had a look in fridge, and decided on the wife’s home made Kung Po chicken with mixed veg boiled rice, washed down with an ice cold Becks. :sunglasses:
Still a bit peckish, so had a ratch around and discovered I had a Spotted ■■■■, so I put some cream on it…I took a pic if anybody’s interested.? :laughing: :laughing:

I dare you…

(Come and join us in the naughty corner, we have cookies. )

robroy:
Decided on a night in tonight, pub mixed grill last night, so microwave meal tonight.
Had a look in fridge, and decided on the wife’s home made Kung Po chicken with mixed veg boiled rice, washed down with an ice cold Becks. :sunglasses:
Still a bit peckish, so had a ratch around and discovered I had a Spotted ■■■■, so I put some cream on it…I took a pic if anybody’s interested.? :laughing: :laughing:

I had a Spotted ■■■■ ages ago … finally had to go to the Doctors to get special ointment :laughing: :laughing: Sorry … couldn’t resist :laughing:

As already mentioned the Marks and Sparks 3 italian meals for 7 quid are a bargain, decent enough as well

All very creative :astonished: but I’ve opted for plan b,fukt the firm off and going somewhere more humane.Was having issues with this wretched companies draco micro managing anyhow.Had a driver facing camera that failed to stick to screen properly for some time…just sort of forgot to mention it. :unamused:

manalishi:
Had a driver facing camera that failed to stick to screen properly for some time…just sort of forgot to mention it

Not commenting on the rights/wrongs of in cab cameras; but that does show no-one was actually looking at you all the time: if there was no picture they would have noticed, wouldn`t they?

Franglais:

manalishi:
Had a driver facing camera that failed to stick to screen properly for some time…just sort of forgot to mention it

Not commenting on the rights/wrongs of in cab cameras; but that does show no-one was actually looking at you all the time: if there was no picture they would have noticed, wouldn`t they?

They activate from harsh braking etc but 3 of the honchos can dip in randomly.I’m struggling to reconcile myself to them tbh,so am heading toute suite for a firm that doesn’t have them and allows cooking in the cab.

manalishi:

Franglais:

manalishi:

They activate from harsh braking etc but 3 of the honchos can dip in randomly.I’m struggling to reconcile myself to them tbh,so am heading toute suite for a firm that doesn’t have them and allows cooking in the cab.

If you’ve binned them, won’t do any harm to name them, to deter others who ain’t too keen.
Incidentally, the type you mention are the type we have, nobody wanted them, everybody moaned, but only a small handful of us objected directly to no avail, so the yes men helped to have them inflicted on us. :unamused:
Anyway…, point I was getting to, one of the office bods left, and was later on asked if those cameras could be viewed randomly, he reckoned not, he had nothing to gain by lying, and nothing to lose by telling the truth.

robroy:

manalishi:

Franglais:

manalishi:

If you’ve binned them, won’t do any harm to name them, to deter others who ain’t too keen.
Incidentally, the type you mention are the type we have, nobody wanted them, everybody moaned, but only a small handful of us objected directly to no avail, so the yes men helped to have them inflicted on us. :unamused:
Anyway…, point I was getting to, one of the office bods left, and was later on asked if those cameras could be viewed randomly, he reckoned not, he had nothing to gain by lying, and nothing to lose by telling the truth.

I’m tempted but think I’ll sit on it.It’s a familiar theme of our time,you join a company,all’s well for a couple of years,then another firm swoops,with draconian requirements at odds with the previous regime and on it goes.Its amazing how you can become rutted with a firm however uncomfortable the new regime,but life is change and the wide blue yonder seems preferable to the devil your with.Heavy ■■■■ man :slight_smile:

^^^^^^^^
Go on, you know you want to :smiley: .
Just show them up to be one of the less desirable employers.

I’ve gave my honest (and true) opinion of the crew I work for on here many times, without actually naming them (as I ain’t stupid), but if I left as a result of the contemptuous way they treat their drivers, I would not hesitate to name them for the bad press,…and there would be f.all they could do to me…because everything I’ve said is actually and unfortunately indisputably TRUE. :neutral_face:

Does anybody use a slow cooker in the cab?
I know somebody who has just got one and he says they’re the business.
I reckon you’d need a decent size inverter for one though.

robroy:

Re slow cookers.I’m partial to em for a stew that can last a few days,and even oddly with a flavour improvement with each serving,but sweet jesus it’s a tad labour intensive in full need of a proper kitchen and its facilities.You can lose a full weekend rustling up the ingredients that should deffo come under other work.Theres your weekend gone.A plain and simple cab cooker with two hobs seems not a lot to ask circumventing this weekend time sacrifice.Morning,2 boiled eggs with hovis,coffee brewing on totha hob,theres your morning till noon fix.

The current mob have been promising new kitchen pack trucks for nearly 2 years but they never seem to transpire,ditto the massively cratered yard we’re in,spectacularly filthy and water filled.The trucks we have tend to absorb the filth and yet they’re expecting Coldstream guards levels of immaculacy with photos and written warnings issued for not reaching these high standards.I’ll be honest I’m on my second written for untidy cab,I ride a scooter and struggle to take a lot of gear home and I accept an agency man could reject the truck on a monday if I fall ill etc,so by necessity ive got my act together but last week I enter the yard and the acting supervisor sprints to my cab and starts taking photos.I’m taken to the office and presented with the pictures that show a cab that has a few things that don’t look good under the harsh lens of an iphone and am now looking at a possible dismissal.
I don’t travel light,I am big on cleanliness and despite being told by the felixstowe based bod who travels down to Southampton occasionally that “I don’t care what your trucks like through the week,as long as it’s squared away by the weekend “it seems seven years of good service is down the crapper.
The office rollocking routine was ridiculous,_“whats that item in the passenger well”…(me)” er a cooker”…(them)…“what do you use it for?”…(me)…“cooking food”…(them)…“.don’t you think it’s dangerous to have that in the cab?”…(me) not really,long as windows are open and its stowed away on travel"
I’M just trying to feed myself in the absence of suitable food on the road network ffs it doesn’t help when we’re ordered not to use a seriously useful msa like Cherwell valley for instance because a few of their containers got broke into a while ago.Maybe they should be checking the cvs of the many EE agency bods they rely on.Oh!.. No parking in laybys…even when empty and I quote “customers don’t like to see their wares parked overnight in laybys” :open_mouth: mr hapag lloyd or mr maersk presumably.

The firm we once were was a robust,no nonsense type of outfit,we had great camaraderie, and were treated like adults, but since the aquisition its become increasingly a sterile,bad vibe(,company man) infested,monstrosity,the ultimate example of the new order of techno feudalism wrapped in a corporatey bag of ■■■■■■■■.I’m not really jumping before being pushed,I just feel soiled by working for an organisation of this low calibre,the cooker incidents just the final straw.

It sounds like the o/p was getting away with a bit of cooking before. Like the manager said, as long as everything is squared and they don’t know anything about it, it wouldn’t be an issue.

Having a Calor bottle or whatever in the footwell was probably just a little too much for them.

Would a trangia type stove not suffice? Keep it in a holdall and if anybody asks you only use it outside.

robroy:

A typical small (eg 1.5 litre job from Argos) only draws around 120 Watts. Even our big family-sized one (4.5 litre, I think) only draws a maximum of 265 Watts on its highest setting.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

manalishi:

robroy:

Re slow cookers.I’m partial to em for a stew that can last a few days,and even oddly with a flavour improvement with each serving,but sweet jesus it’s a tad labour intensive in full need of a proper kitchen and its facilities.You can lose a full weekend rustling up the ingredients that should deffo come under other work.Theres your weekend gone.A plain and simple cab cooker with two hobs seems not a lot to ask circumventing this weekend time sacrifice.Morning,2 boiled eggs with hovis,coffee brewing on totha hob,theres your morning till noon fix.

The current mob have been promising new kitchen pack trucks for nearly 2 years but they never seem to transpire,ditto the massively cratered yard we’re in,spectacularly filthy and water filled.The trucks we have tend to absorb the filth and yet they’re expecting Coldstream guards levels of immaculacy with photos and written warnings issued for not reaching these high standards.I’ll be honest I’m on my second written for untidy cab,I ride a scooter and struggle to take a lot of gear home and I accept an agency man could reject the truck on a monday if I fall ill etc,so by necessity ive got my act together but last week I enter the yard and the acting supervisor sprints to my cab and starts taking photos.I’m taken to the office and presented with the pictures that show a cab that has a few things that don’t look good under the harsh lens of an iphone and am now looking at a possible dismissal.
I don’t travel light,I am big on cleanliness and despite being told by the felixstowe based bod who travels down to Southampton occasionally that “I don’t care what your trucks like through the week,as long as it’s squared away by the weekend “it seems seven years of good service is down the crapper.
The office rollocking routine was ridiculous,_“whats that item in the passenger well”…(me)” er a cooker”…(them)…“what do you use it for?”…(me)…“cooking food”…(them)…“.don’t you think it’s dangerous to have that in the cab?”…(me) not really,long as windows are open and its stowed away on travel"
I’M just trying to feed myself in the absence of suitable food on the road network ffs it doesn’t help when we’re ordered not to use a seriously useful msa like Cherwell valley for instance because a few of their containers got broke into a while ago.Maybe they should be checking the cvs of the many EE agency bods they rely on.Oh!.. No parking in laybys…even when empty and I quote “customers don’t like to see their wares parked overnight in laybys” :open_mouth: mr hapag lloyd or mr maersk presumably.

The firm we once were was a robust,no nonsense type of outfit,we had great camaraderie, and were treated like adults, but since the aquisition its become increasingly a sterile,bad vibe(,company man) infested,monstrosity,the ultimate example of the new order of techno feudalism wrapped in a corporatey bag of ■■■■■■■■.I’m not really jumping before being pushed,I just feel soiled by working for an organisation of this low calibre,the cooker incidents just the final straw.

Have you clocked the ‘‘Do you like the firm you work for’’ thread that I started (because of one of YOUR posts incidentally) check it out.
This just about personifies what I am on about on that thread, …good honest real drivers been driven (no pun intended :smiley: ) away from their jobs by corporate modern management methods of pure bullcrap and total ■■■■■■■■.
:smiling_imp:
Btw…‘‘Kitchen pack cabs’’?..do you still get them? :open_mouth:
I thought they went out with 80s F10/F12 Globetrotters running the Middle East, I would have killed for one of those in those days…probably still would. :laughing:

robroy:

manalishi:

robroy:

Have you clocked the ‘‘Do you like the firm you work for’’ thread that I started (because of one of YOUR posts incidentally) check it out.
This just about personifies what I am on about on that thread, …good honest real drivers been driven (no pun intended :smiley: ) away from their jobs by corporate modern management methods of pure bullcrap and total ■■■■■■■■.
:smiling_imp:
Btw…‘‘Kitchen pack cabs’’?..do you still get them? :open_mouth:
I thought they went out with 80s F10/F12 Globetrotters running the Middle East, I would have killed for one of those in those days…probably still would. :laughing:

Yes old bean had a keen butchers and salute you for casting a controversial spotlight on the issues were up against.You have to take the pent up bile and brickbats when venturing in these waters but if it enables pertinent issues to be aired as a result,game deffo worth candle.

Kitchen pack :open_mouth: search me…a coffee machine and micro presumably :open_mouth:
I did mention during my second disciplinary…“don’t require anything other than an in cab cooler given a choice,and up the bread another hundred a week and I’ll drive this thing to the scrapyard”…answer came there none :confused:

This whole farrago has been building for months,theyre losing good men by the score,a batch left when the in cab cameras arrived and even some top notch ee guys have naffed off.One of our best got reported by a car driver for a quick map check when driving.Binned instantly.

manalishi:
Kitchen pack :open_mouth: search me…a coffee machine and micro presumably :open_mouth:
I did mention during my second disciplinary…“don’t require anything other than an in cab cooler given a choice,and up the bread another hundred a week and I’ll drive this thing to the scrapyard”…answer came there none :confused:

This whole farrago has been building for months,theyre losing good men by the score,a batch left when the in cab cameras arrived and even some top notch ee guys have naffed off.One of our best got reported by a car driver for a quick map check when driving.Binned instantly.

The F10 Globetrotter that I was in (never had one myself btw :cry: ) had a sink which was converted from the centre console, with running water, a double stove, and a table.
Pretty revolutionary for it’s day, and a million miles away from my own 2800 DAF I had at the time.

robroy:

manalishi:

The F10 Globetrotter that I was in (never had one myself btw :cry: ) had a sink which was converted from the centre console, with running water, a double stove, and a table.
Pretty revolutionary for it’s day, and a million miles away from my own 2800 DAF I had at the time.

Wow were it not for Swedish ingenuity and humane genius we’d still be nighting out in doss houses,those trucks were game changers.I wish our country was politically allied to Scandanavia rather than the hideous franco/Deutsch model we’re lumbered with tbh.

Follow the RECIPE closely. :smiley: There will be questions later. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrcKA3EAIRA