IN Cab Cooking

I have found recentley that i get very fed up eating in cafes ect as the choice is not always very good ,the quality not always up to much so my question is do you cook in cab if so what and how do you get on with cooking smells in cab

The only time there was a smell in mine was after I done some cheeseburgers , I lead windows/sun roof open when cooking and no probs ( use air freshness aswell) after I made the burgers the smell
Started going the next day once I was driving with windows open

Depends a lot on what you cooke but as smoggie89 said air fresheners, fabreez being good.
As much ventalation as possible is good not only to reduce smell but burning gas produces vapour that condences on your windows.

I wipe down the inside of the cab with something like detol wipes often as I can bother, this helps keep the smells at bay.

Quite a few microwave meals can be cooked in a pan.

Go to Luke ( Switchlogic ) on Youtube … he’s got “cooking” videos, loads of tips and ideas :grimacing:

Switchlogic[luke vernon]has just put something on his facebook page about a good product to shift smells,hes done loads of vids about cooking aswell where he mentions getting shut of smells and cleaning up etc :wink:

great minds think alike :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you’re going to take fresh meat with you pork keeps fresh the longest- in the fridge ,of course. And pork chops need no cooking oil, just a dry frying pan ,onions and tomatoes. Canned new spuds and peas. Bistro gravy and mustard. 2 ring burner and a one ring over a stubby gas bottle for your kettle. Beer or wine ,and that’s your evening meal anywhere in UK EU or Afrique.

I like them tinned burgers in onion gravy with tinned spuds,with bread and butter,i bet luke is laughing his head off reading this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Luke Ramsay lol I just make simple stuff sometimes
Beans on toast , tin of soup etc only takes 5 minz

I use a 240v microwave oven, bacon works well for a sandwich, sometimes I’ll cook some Thai curry with rice at home and take that with me, sometimes get a ready meal from Waitrose in the services. Doesn’t leave much smell.

I bag up the rubbish after dinner and if it’s likely it’ll pong I throw it in the side locker till I can throw it in a bin.

If I’ m passing any seafood “shops”, in particular the one on the industrial estate by the roundabout on the A1 at Berwick, I always call in and see what’s to be had. A couple of weeks back I ended up cooking lobster in white wine sauce with scallops and new potatoes :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:. Last week I spent a night at Gordano services. I was parked fairly close to the path that leads to the facilities and I was genuinely saddened by the stream of drivers walking back to their wagons with a meal in a brown paper bag and a fizzy drink. I had freshly cooked tagliatelle followed by fresh fruit salad and cream.

IMO, the only thing that limits what you can cook is your imagination.

I take meals from home and throw in the microwave it’s easier I find

OllieNotts:
I bag up the rubbish after dinner and if it’s likely it’ll pong I throw it in the side locker till I can throw it in a bin.

same here, but I leave mine on the step. I bought 1500 watt inverter, attached two jump leads to it and put it in the locker. Then bought a 30 quid microwave. Open the locker and connect the jump leads to the battery, and away I go.